Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying game data from the CD to PC

Options
  • 10-12-2011 6:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Hey, can this be done? I own a few PC games, like oblvion and Bioshock, and they are on CD (official games, not copys) and im wondering is there a way to copy the data from the disc to the pc, install it, and play it from the hard drive without needing the cd, like if you had downloaded it from steam or something.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This thread is being entertained? Really?

For one, it's a EU copyright directive breach.

For another, if you own legit copies, both games you mention allow you to load the serial keys into a Steam account. There should be no need to keep physical media after that.

Hell, I bought skyrim and threw the box out. The cover art is up on the wall sure but who needs another piece of plastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Overheal wrote: »
    This thread is being entertained? Really?

You were the first person to report it (and I was asleep at the time). :o

Sorry, this kind of discussion is not allowed. Thread cleaned up and locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement