Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB vs 250GB

Options
  • 10-12-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered lots of times but I'm just a bit lost atm. I want to get my boyfriend an xbox for Christmas and I'm wondering would the 4GB be sufficient? He's not that big of a gamer and would really only use it to play the 5 or 6 games he has, probably going online a bit as well. I know the 250GB is a much better quality console but I'm just wondering would it really only make a big difference to a serious gamer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

UCD2010 wrote: »
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered lots of times but I'm just a bit lost atm. I want to get my boyfriend an xbox for Christmas and I'm wondering would the 4GB be sufficient? He's not that big of a gamer and would really only use it to play the 5 or 6 games he has, probably going online a bit as well. I know the 250GB is a much better quality console but I'm just wondering would it really only make a big difference to a serious gamer?

If he wants to download dlc's or install games on hard-drive then 250GB is a must. Dlc's can be upto 1GB and Games can be 4-5GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

UCD2010 wrote: »
    I know the 250GB is a much better quality console

There is no difference in quality between the versions. The only difference is the size of the hard drive and the price. Most people here would recommend going the extra yard and purchasing the 250gb,and I agree, but if this is over your budget then you can be confident the gaming experience on the 4gb is no less that that on the 250gb. What you really have to ask yourself is 'is he worth it?' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭UCD2010

punk77 wrote: »
    What you really have to ask yourself is 'is he worth it?' :D

well that's another thread altogether :pac: thanks for the replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Der Visp

I wondered when buying with Kinect, would the 4GB be sufficient? And, I've noticed that the 250GB is an external hard drive, so is it something that could be bought in the future if needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

Had the same dilema myself a few weeks ago...decided on the 250GB due to probaby having a few DLC's and for using it a a media player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Der Visp wrote: »
    I wondered when buying with Kinect, would the 4GB be sufficient? And, I've noticed that the 250GB is an external hard drive, so is it something that could be bought in the future if needed?

it's not external, its internal - simple to install and can be bought handily enough. The 250gb console will nearly always be the default suggest from people on here as you will need the space eventually (downloading maps/game add ons, installing games, downloading demos etc)but very rare occasions i'll suggest that the 4gb will suffice e.g. kinect use predominantly, no interest in going online, good bundle price.

If all the features of the xbox are going to be used I would say just to do the maths i.e. is it cheaper to buy the 4gb with kinect and get the hdd separately or to buy the 250gb console and buy kinect separately?

Advertisement