Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barretstown fishing help

Options
  • 10-12-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Not sure how many of you know but Barretstown has a man made lake to provide fishing facilities for the kids there.

I've been a volunteer there for a good while & I'm trying to put a proposal together to bring a couple of fishing 'names' in with a gang of fishing enthusiasts to run a fishing day for the kids. A fishing festival to give the kids an amazing day. Doesn't matter what discipline of fishing you are from to be honest, just be prepared to swallow hard & realise how lucky you are.

Anyhow - I'm trying to see if any of you within reach of Barretstown would be willing to give a day to help out

It's early days at the moment & probably looking to middle of next year as the weather has to be good. Also have to be ok with a basic Garda check as its with kids

Can you let me know either here or by pm please

Thanks

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Count me in dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

sounds like a great idea, good luck with it:)... i'm a bit far away midlands, but if stuck give me shout

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fisherman

Another one here, Andi, let me know when you have a date set.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Hi
    Count me in
    I am nearby and have plenty of equipment that may be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

up in the north west but will gladly give a day to help out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

i'd be well up for it. Been thinking of getting onvolved with somethin like this for a while so id be more than happy to help out

Advertisement