Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bierhalle

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I had breakfast there today (around 12:45) with a friend of mine. Ordered and the food arrived after around 15 or 20 minutes (no big deal), food was nice. A few groups of people came in and sat down and ordered (around 6 per group).

We were then joined by two other friends of ours who ordered and waited 45 minutes (for a fry and eggs benedict). They asked the waiter what the story was, she went off to check, then said two minutes more to wait. nearly 20 minutes later she said that the food was just being plated and would be ready to be served then.

The food was decent (poached eggs were not hot, indicating the chef did a batch and had them sitting there for a bit), good value for money. The waiting time was completely unacceptable.

I would prefer the food there compared to Scoozis or a few other places I've tried (breakfast in Ireland isn't great unless you want a fry) but I'd happily go elsewhere if the food took that long. The person that took the order had obviously not put it through or someone along the chain had ignored or forgotten it.

I'd go back but if I had to wait that long again I'd leave, in fact I'd have left today except I'd already eaten.

jujibee wrote: »
    I thought the food was good but the service was woeful.

I agree 100%.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah its a pity the service is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Originally from Cork and visit every few weeks. Thanks for the heads up. This place sounds great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Read the threads at all much before you post?:D;) Read my post above^^
    Breakfast was really good, not at all greasy. Would go back again for it.

Now I reread your post, I realise I had read it previously - just forgot all about it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Eat there about two weeks ago,

It was a sunday night and the place ws quiet, I think 3 other tables. we were greeted nicely and told to sit whereever we wanted.

the pizza and drinks menu was already on the table so we started looking at them, I tired numerous times to get the girls attendtion to get their menu but no chance.

We sat there for about 10 mins and we were about to leave when a different guy came down to take our order, we explained we were still waiting for our menus. he looked shocked!! but instead of walking the 5 feet to the counter to get the menus he went over to the girl and told her to get us our menus and we waiting another few minutes for them as she was clearing tables.

We ordered burgers and chips and they came out in reasonible time. the food was lovely!

The table next to us (party of 6) ordered a range of things from both the Beirhall menu and the pizza joint. the waitress made a big show and dance about this asking when the food should be serve (pizzas might be ready before everything else etc) did they mind that the timimg would be all over the place.

these kind of things should be ironed out. how difficult is it to organise that the starters are cooked first then the mains from both places. this should not have to be the customers problem.

It took a long time for our plates to be cleared. we were never asked if we wanted more drinks and to go up to the bar in the end to pay.

one more annoyance (and its only small but still) they had sea salt in the salt shakers, so shake all you like nothing was coming out! table salt is for the tables sea salt is for cooking!:confused:

I would go here again but not on a night when I wanted a quick bite before meeting friends as you have no idea how long you will be waiting! Timing needs to be sorted out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

this gets worse - like I said, i hope they read this so that they know what they should do to improve cos at this rate they will be closed in no time. I am sure uncle pete's business won't suffer either way but no doubt it would do better if the bierhalle provided an adequate/good service.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Dermighty wrote: »
    I would prefer the food there compared to Scoozis or a few other places I've tried (breakfast in Ireland isn't great unless you want a fry) but I'd happily go elsewhere if the food took that long. .

Fenns Quay Restaurant does a nice breakfast usual suspects but also eggs benedict, eggs florentine - nicely presented and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

parsi wrote: »
    Fenns Quay Restaurant does a nice breakfast usual suspects but also eggs benedict,

the eggs benedict with black pudding is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I got the small breakfast in there on sat (ate it next door watching the match) and thought it was really nice. Good quality ingredients (o flynns sausage was lovely) and nice thick toast. Was a young waitress working and she was really nice and even brought the food into the bierhaus to me as I was shouting at the telly and lost track of time!!
    Now I do know the lads that are running it but she wouldn't know that and she really went above and beyond for me and to top it off the fry was really nice so I would have no problem recommending it and I will Definately be in there again.
    I know it's all constructive criticism that the lads need to iron out the issues highlighted here that I have experienced myself but I do hope that people bear with them as I think this place has the potential to be something really special that I would love to have in the city.

I also noticed that they have French toast with bacon on the "brunch" menu which is one of my signature dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

deRanged wrote: »
    the eggs benedict with black pudding is delicious.

Eggs Benedict in Liberty Grill FTW:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Now I do know the lads that are running it

Great! Can you please tell them that we want them to succeed! The beer is great, the food is very nice but they really need to work on the service.

If they want people to return the waitstaff needs to realise that they can not operate like a standard restaurant where you take the order, bring the food and then leave the customer alone.

It is a bierhalle, people are going to stay for beer even when they are done eating. That is where the majority of the profit for this type of restaurant usually comes from, since margins tend to be slim on food.

They need to make sure that the waitstaff are checking on people's glasses and offering more beer when people look like they are running out rather than making the customer flag them down or go to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

leahyl wrote: »
    Eggs Benedict in Liberty Grill FTW:D

Really like Liberty Grill, but think their Eggs Benedict are really poor... fatty rashers and toasted sourdough is no substitute for parma ham and toasted english muffins. Small portions as well.

I commented on their Facebook page so hopefully they wont delete the comment and actually take it on board, I'll link this thread to my post too.

I commented on their Facebook page so hopefully they wont delete the comment and actually take it on board, I'll link this thread to my post too.

I had a quiet word with the manager about this thread and feedback yesterday and they are working on a better system for orders and beer training for the staff to address the issues.

Personally though I think posting comments like that on their Facebook wall is a terrible thing to do mate, it's not the place for that kind of thing at all, boards is. If you really feel that strongly about it why not call in and have a word with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well on a brighter note i would like to point out that when i was in there before chrsitmas the staff were attentive , i hope to head there again this month at some stage

I had a quiet word with the manager about this thread and feedback yesterday and they are working on a better system for orders and beer training for the staff to address the issues.

Personally though I think posting comments like that on their Facebook wall is a terrible thing to do mate, it's not the place for that kind of thing at all, boards is. If you really feel that strongly about it why not call in and have a word with them??

agreed. Though the poster who used FB probably had good intentions at heart, it is totally inappropriate and counter productive as other will read it from FB.

OMG - I just read the post on FB - morto for the poster!!!! Jesus, this is crossing the line when it comes to internet use. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was served pretty sharpish tonight. And that Hirschbrau winter beer is tasty stuff, I'll be looking out for that everywhere I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

sporina wrote: »
    OMG - I just read the post on FB - morto for the poster!!!! Jesus, this is crossing the line when it comes to internet use. :eek:

I was half expecting something written in blood! It's a mildly-put, constructive comment on a business's page, no swearing, and is even preceded by a compliment. What's the big deal?

FTGFOP wrote: »
    I was half expecting something written in blood! It's a mildly-put, constructive comment on a business's page, no swearing, and is even preceded by a compliment. What's the big deal?

em come on, he included the link to this thread?? Unless people who read the thread decide to go and try the place just to see if it is as bad as this thread makes it out to be….

he could have sent a link to the thread in a message

• Advertisement

Yeah my problem with it is that Facebook is somewhat of an online storefront for a business and he basically tagged on it. The facility is there to pm for a reason and a simple message to the management would have served the purpose a lot better.
    I know the poster intended it to be viewed as constructive criticism but there is no need to inform their customer base (over 300 people) of the issue he has had with the service instead of contacting the management directly.
    Look, at the end of the day no harm was intended but I do think the poster should remove the message from their Facebook wall himself as it was a bit of a silly thing to do but his heart was in the right place at the end of the day and he was just trying to help.
    Now as I've said the lads know about the issues and are trying to sort them out but as with any new business things take time so I intend on bearing with them in the hope that the issues raised get ironed out and we all get what to me has the potential to be my favourite place to go for a bite and pint.

I'd just like to point out that vast majority of posts on this thread are of a positive nature, including mine. I'd also like to point out that those of us that had a negative aspect to your experience there also noted that the food was good, the beer was good etc etc.

The only problem with this thread is that there are now ten posts which are 100% about my post on their page rather than being about the Bierhalle itself. I don't care if people here think it was inappropriate, I really like the Bierhaus and the Bierhalle and I have full intention of being a returning customer. I'm not going to try and justify my comment, I'm an adult and if I spend money in a business that also has an online facility for comments (which is what the wall of their page is for, in part) then I intend to use it.

If the owners of the Bierhalle have any issue with my post they can delete it, I don't care, they know how I feel and I'll be there again regardless.
    Look, at the end of the day no harm was intended but I do think the poster should remove the message from their Facebook wall himself as it was a bit of a silly thing to do but his heart was in the right place at the end of the day and he was just trying to help.

In fairness I'm not a hapless idiot, nor do I need people to condescend to me when I complain about something in a fair and measured way.

Their Facebook page has the facility to leave comments, which is an option they chose to have turned on, other people commented on the quality of the place, i commented on being happy about the food but that they needed to work on the service as it was not good.

My point is I didn't nail a dead goat on their Facebook page and tell them to leave town before midnight :P I gave some praise and some criticism on the only place it's possible to leave feedback short of speaking to the manager. I also linked to this forum so they could see that their business has people talking about it! I only found out about the Bierhalle being open thanks to this thread!

This thread means nothing to them if they don't know about it. Likewise their service being deemed as bad or good means nothing to them if they are not told. I told them about both, praised them on this forum and their page and gave room for other people to jump on here and post their comments about the place.

I regard this (non-)issue as being closed as far as I'm concerned.

I'd just like to point out that vast majority of posts on this thread are of a positive nature, including mine. I'd also like to point out that those of us that had a negative aspect to your experience there also noted that the food was good, the beer was good etc etc.

The only problem with this thread is that there are now ten posts which are 100% about my post on their page rather than being about the Bierhalle itself. I don't care if people here think it was inappropriate, I really like the Bierhaus and the Bierhalle and I have full intention of being a returning customer. I'm not going to try and justify my comment, I'm an adult and if I spend money in a business that also has an online facility for comments (which is what the wall of their page is for, in part) then I intend to use it.

If the owners of the Bierhalle have any issue with my post they can delete it, I don't care, they know how I feel and I'll be there again regardless.

In fairness I'm not a hapless idiot, nor do I need people to condescend to me when I complain about something in a fair and measured way.

Their Facebook page has the facility to leave comments, which is an option they chose to have turned on, other people commented on the quality of the place, i commented on being happy about the food but that they needed to work on the service as it was not good.

My point is I didn't nail a dead goat on their Facebook page and tell them to leave town before midnight :P I gave some praise and some criticism on the only place it's possible to leave feedback short of speaking to the manager. I also linked to this forum so they could see that their business has people talking about it! I only found out about the Bierhalle being open thanks to this thread!

This thread means nothing to them if they don't know about it. Likewise their service being deemed as bad or good means nothing to them if they are not told. I told them about both, praised them on this forum and their page and gave room for other people to jump on here and post their comments about the place.

I regard this (non-)issue as being closed as far as I'm concerned.

are you for real? everything about your post makes me so surprised. If so, man are you a stubborn goat.

all you had to do was MAIL them.. jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Personally though I think posting comments like that on their Facebook wall is a terrible thing to do mate, it's not the place for that kind of thing at all, boards is.

Couldn't disagree more with this.
    Facebook is about two way communications with customers and potential customers. Not just one sided advertising from a company...that is what their own website is for.

Posting the comment on their facebook page is at least letting them know how you feel.
    Posting here is almost like talking about someone behind their back.

Ludo wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more with this.
    Facebook is about two way communications with customers and potential customers. Not just one sided advertising from a company...that is what their own website is for.

YES!

That's my reasoning entirely!

YES!

That's my reasoning entirely!

you sound like Dougal..

don't have time to go into how wrong it was - twas bad form.. dress it up as you like..

I think I've made my point as has the mighty fella so there's not much point in continuing this conversation as far as I'm concerned, what's done is done so let's move on!
    I'll be down there for something to eat over the next few days and I'll put up a review, I just really hope the service is as good as the food!!!(little winking smilie face)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For anyone interested in trying Bierhaille, we are organising a trip there on Monday coming (13th) ...

... if you are free and want to go please post here saying just that:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76996551#post76996551

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I think I've made my point as has the mighty fella so there's not much point in continuing this conversation as far as I'm concerned, what's done is done so let's move on!
    I'll be down there for something to eat over the next few days and I'll put up a review, I just really hope the service is as good as the food!!!(little winking smilie face)

I hadn't Realised that Facebook walls were a place for only positive messages to a business .

Next they'll tell us that we can't tweet criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ok everyone, posts like this are sailling very close to the wind
    sporina wrote: »
    are you for real? everything about your post makes me so surprised. If so, man are you a stubborn goat.

all you had to do was MAIL them.. jesus..

lets all settle down and remember to attack the post not the poster, and not make it personal

Advertisement