Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bierhalle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 myImage

Have to say all this focus on the wait staff being at fault seems a little unfair- they just take the order and bring the food, I have worked in this business for a long time and the problem could just as easily be with the kitchen. Just a thought. I ate there last week with friends, food was decent, nice selection of non alcoholic beers and waitress was friendly and efficient. Place was quiet and food was fairly fast. If as it the food slows down as place gets busy (I think thats pointed to in earlyer posts) then that would indicate to me a kitchen problem not service problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

myImage wrote: »
    Have to say all this focus on the wait staff being at fault seems a little unfair- they just take the order and bring the food, I have worked in this business for a long time and the problem could just as easily be with the kitchen. Just a thought. I ate there last week with friends, food was decent, nice selection of non alcoholic beers and waitress was friendly and efficient. Place was quiet and food was fairly fast. If as it the food slows down as place gets busy (I think thats pointed to in earlyer posts) then that would indicate to me a kitchen problem not service problem.

its irrelevant to the customer where the fault lies - the point is that people on here have had to wait ages for food and then wait ages for another beer or as the case has been, just decided to not have another beer as they had already waited too long.

Perhaps they are making amends now though. I would like to see this business to succeed, as I would any business. But they have a difficult challenge to over come given their location, never mind not having the basics right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

sporina wrote: »
    its irrelevant to the customer where the fault lies - the point is that people on here have had to wait ages for food and then wait ages for another beer or as the case has been, just decided to not have another beer as they had already waited too long.

Perhaps they are making amends now though. I would like to see this business to succeed, as I would any business. But they have a difficult challenge to over come given their location, never mind not having the basics right.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Went here for the first time last night and was very happy with the place. Staff were very attentive.

I had toasted Cuban special with chips. The food was savage. I didn't think a mere toastie could be so good. The bread was very thick and crispy. The chips were lovely. Not those awful pale chips you get in most places, but real homemade and crispy. My friend had a burger and chips and she was very happy with it.

Beer menu is great.

Will definitely go again. It isn't a place to go exclusively for a "meal" but more a relaxed drinking venue with good food on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

For the record the Bierhalle deleted the boards.ie link from my comment, I didn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amandaos

Dermighty wrote: »
    For the record the Bierhalle deleted the boards.ie link from my comment, I didn't do it.

Get a life.

If people start moaning on the internet about service then they are making it relevent where the fault lies. I was just pointing out that it may not be fair to give out about the front of house person when it might not be their fault. If the problem had been pointed out in person to the staff they could have said either, sorry we are very busy/training new waitress etc. or sorry the kitchen is a bit slow we are working on this. This is the problem with giving out on line rather then in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

On a brighter note I popped in on my way to the caskfest and had a mozzarella and pesto burger and loved it! Great value too at under €10. Can't believe I never thought of putting pesto on a burger at home, Worked really well. Also had spicey wings (the tamest they do) and they made me sweat but I'm a bit of a spicey lightweight and they saved me a trip to the gym so no complaints there!!

If people start moaning on the internet about service then they are making it relevent where the fault lies. I was just pointing out that it may not be fair to give out about the front of house person when it might not be their fault. If the problem had been pointed out in person to the staff they could have said either, sorry we are very busy/training new waitress etc. or sorry the kitchen is a bit slow we are working on this. This is the problem with giving out on line rather then in person.

Sorry you seem to be missing the point - are you a waitress yourself? If so that would explain your subjectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

if youl'd like to give the place a go their doing a living social deal today.

Two Burgers with Pitcher of Beer or Half-Bottle of Wine for Two People for 16 euros

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/513/deals/258338-burgers-with-beer-or-wine-for-two

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    For anyone interested in trying Bierhaille, we are organising a trip there on Monday coming (13th) ...

... if you are free and want to go please post here saying just that:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76996551#post76996551

well how did ye find the Bierhalle on monday? Any improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

I was there too on Monday. The food was really good and so was the service! We didn't had to wait at all and we were even able to split the bill in the end without any problems. It was a great evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

well how did ye find the Bierhalle on monday? Any improvement?

I thought it was great, 8 of us went from boards. I cannot say if it was an improvement as it was my first time there. The only complaint that I heard throughout the night was that the stew had too much rosemary in it (which made it taste a bit bitter).

We all ended up ordering different main courses so it was good to see a wide range of food on the table.

Would I go again ? YES !

kingtut wrote: »
    I thought it was great, 8 of us went from boards. I cannot say if it was an improvement as it was my first time there. The only complaint that I heard throughout the night was that the stew had too much rosemary in it (which made it taste a bit bitter).

We all ended up ordering different main courses so it was good to see a wide range of food on the table.

Would I go again ? YES !

cool.

and what about the service? did you all get your food together and were you waiting long etc? Also, did any of ye order from pete's or were all orders from the bierhalle menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

cool.

and what about the service? did you all get your food together and were you waiting long etc? Also, did any of ye order from pete's or were all orders from the bierhalle menu?

Well we sat there for an hour before ordering as we were waiting for someone lol but once we ordered it was reasonably quick (the place was almost empty) and the orders pretty much came together (the man with 8 hands was not working that night).

We all ordered from the bierhalle menu, I don't think anyone even looked at the uncle petes menu as we did not go there to eat from another menu if that makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

and the guy was really helpful, he even split the bill for us. a lot of places here wouldn't do that for a party of 8. I'll definitely go back, and I've been recommending the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

sounds good, must try this gaff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/258338

Meal Deal
    2 burgers and a pitcher of beer for 16euro
    over 200 bought already:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Did you see the fine print? One per purchaser. One per table. Was thinking of buying a few for a group until I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Did you see the fine print? One per purchaser. One per table. Was thinking of buying a few for a group until I saw that.

nicely spotted! I hope people notice that before they all head in with voichers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I suppose they don't want people abusing the special offer, but it seems a bit restrictive. If there was 7 of us there with 4 vouchers, someone would end up at a table on their own! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I popped in for brunch today. Their eggs benedict is seriously good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I suppose they don't want people abusing the special offer, but it seems a bit restrictive. If there was 7 of us there with 4 vouchers, someone would end up at a table on their own! :eek:

...on a table on his own with 2 burgers and a pitcher!! My kind of night out!

went back there the other night. Things have improved big time. There were a few tables occupied. The place was warm. There was a good atm. The waitress was good. We all had pizza - didn't want to risk ordering from different menu's. Ok our food still took time to come out - about 30 mins?? but we didn't mind as we were al chatting. Maybe pete's was busy or maybe they just want you to buy more beer - i don't know.
    I didn't like my pizza but I think its because of what I choose as oppose to it being a bad pizza. I had the primaveria and it sooo oily!!! Could taste it the next day. The others loved what they had though. I usually love petes.

Best of luck to management and keep up the good service.

Sorry you seem to be missing the point - are you a waitress yourself? If so that would explain your subjectivity.

:) I only just saw that comment. I am not a waitress, have worked in bars and served many meals in the past. I don't think I missed the point- man went to eat- was not happy- had a little whine on internet instead of addressing the problem in person. My point was that people should speak up if they are not happy with their meal/night out and they may find the answer to whatever their problem was is something really simple, then it can be fixed- venue is happy, customers happy- everybody is happy. Don't think I am being overly subjective, just dont see the point in giving out online when it's easier and more productive to talk to people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Went with work to the Bierhalle in the last few days. Service was grand, no complaints at all and they split the bill (amazing how few places will do this). The food was solid, I'm not sure if my expectations were heightened based on this thread but I was kind of underwhelmed? :o Regardless, it was busy enough and hopefully it goes from strength to strength. I'll probably be back for brunch soon, very tempting.

:) I only just saw that comment. I am not a waitress, have worked in bars and served many meals in the past. I don't think I missed the point- man went to eat- was not happy- had a little whine on internet instead of addressing the problem in person. My point was that people should speak up if they are not happy with their meal/night out and they may find the answer to whatever their problem was is something really simple, then it can be fixed- venue is happy, customers happy- everybody is happy. Don't think I am being overly subjective, just dont see the point in giving out online when it's easier and more productive to talk to people :)

ah so you were a waitress/bar person - i thought so.

I hear you on people speaking up if they are not happy with a restaurant e.g. if their glass was dirty or if the air conditioning was too cold etc. But to complain about all the issues which have been experienced by the diners here would be uncomfortable to say the least.
    Speaking for myself, the first time I was there, you can look at my initial post for the issues I found in the bierhalle. I could not have spoke to management about the lack of knowledge the waitress had about the wine/beer; it would have made for an awful night and we were still waiting on our food. And I had visitors with me - I would not have created an uncomfortable situation for them like that. I wanted to give the place a chance.
    I could go on but life is too short.
    And also, the internet is the place to review services - hence tripadvisor is the no 1. site for reviewing all kinds of customer services.

auch - look at this review from the peoples republic of cork website:

Went with a few buddies yesterday to Bierhalle. Meant to be open at 12.
    Were let in at 12.15 with no apology from manager who had been setting up the whole time. Noticed the chef sneaking in after 12...

Got in, ordered, 15 minutes later got our tea, coffee. Complete with dirty spoons and cutlery. We are the only customers except a family of 3 who are also waiting.

At 1.15 (!) having asked manager previously how much longer it would take to get our food, 2 out of 9 people got their steak and chips.

One plate contains the biggest, blackest hair ever.

We call the manager over, who says he still can't guarantee the rest of us getting our food in 10-15 minutes!

We leave, and he offers us a voucher for when we return again....cant say I ever want to.

That doesn't sound even vaguely factual if the experiences of me and my friends are anything to go by.

In fact service really sped up in the last few weeks, and the introduction of loyalty cards was genius. Maybe I'm biased because they gave me one already half filled in because I'm in there fairly often? Who could say? All I know is that free beer is the best beer.

• Advertisement

Oh my, their new banana bread is very nice indeed.

Advertisement