Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bierhalle

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I had been trying to organise myself to get in here for ages, had heard that the lamb curry was super duper, so I finally made it Wednesday night.

Placed an order for lamb curry, was told no lamb curry. Fair enough, I'm not sure if that should have be mentioned up front by the waitress. Have to say this theme continued for the rest of the evening, the Schlenterla, Rothaus and one other beer that we wanted to order were out of stock.

I have to agree with other posters, I really want to like the Bierhalle, good food, good beer, all good! I will go back again to give it another whirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can confirm that the chilli is pretty damn tasty. Decent spice without masking the flavour, good portion size, works very well with a nice cold beer.

Also got some free coffee. Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

After intending on eating there for a while now I headed in with a few friends over the weekend and we thought it was great. I had the Italian Job - and it was spot on. The others had pizzas which were delicious. The beers were delicious too. We'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Went with some friends to try it again and the service was much better this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

buddy and i thought that we would have a bite to eat in the Bierhalle yesterday eve. So we sat outside and no one came near us. I went inside and asked if we could order and there was one guy behind the bar; shrugged his shoulders and nodded towards a full restaurant…
    I think there was another waiter somewhere..
    This is the 3rd time I have come to this restaurant and there is no service.
    Is this the norm? Is it usually quiet but with the sun it gets busy like yesterday? Not cool. Businesses need staff. Felt sorry for the poor guy behind the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just bumping this place. Nice atmoshphere and you wont get better value for your buck, very tasty food. Regularly go then and they look to be doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They started opening around noon on weekdays recently, with a quick sandwich menu. Nice choice of fillings, the prices seemed reasonable. Had a birthday do in there not long ago, too. Still plenty of tasty foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Pretty much the same as above but

I started heading there for lunch recently, the sandwiches are enormous, fantastic value for money.
    Quantity & Quality are about twice of what you're paying.

Pretty sure it's one of the cheapest places to go for a sub €5 lunch that isn't just a bowl of soup

Its under new management and is now called the Charcoal Grill. Its the same menu and was in there wednesday and last night and to be honest the food is even better. Lots of steaks now, I had a sirloin and it was absolute perfection they way it was cooked and came with lots of tasty veg, chip and onion rings.
    They have a set menu now aswell- 3 courses for €20. Love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's great value there, but the service has always been shocking. Hope that the new management address this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

rob316 wrote: »
    Its under new management and is now called the Charcoal Grill. Its the same menu and was in there wednesday and last night and to be honest the food is even better. Lots of steaks now, I had a sirloin and it was absolute perfection they way it was cooked and came with lots of tasty veg, chip and onion rings.
    They have a set menu now aswell- 3 courses for €20. Love the place.

Still really like the place, but their beer menu isn't what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's great value there, but the service has always been shocking. Hope that the new management address this.

It's only semi new management. It was owned and run in a partnership between the owners of The Bierhaus and the owners of Uncle Pete's. The Bierhaus is no longer involved but the other half of the partnership remains.

It's only semi new management. It was owned and run in a partnership between the owners of The Bierhaus and the owners of Uncle Pete's. The Bierhaus is no longer involved but the other half of the partnership remains.

Cool good to know, been there loads of times, I only ever had a problem with the service once and they apologised it was taking so long as they had a new chef.

Happy to support a place who offer excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Must say I did really enjoy the bierhalle, honest food that went great with beer.
    Anytime I was in I had a good experience.

Is there any menu or website or similar for the new place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

The menu is still the same and is still available online here. At least, it was the same when I was there over Paddy's weekend, despite the new name outside the door. The night I was there, the food was great but the service was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

i am not surprised that the partnership has ended - i have given this place many chances… btu to no avail.
    One cannot run a restaurant without staff!!! Yes labour is a major overhead but if you cannot afford it then redo your business plan.

Advertisement