Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black powder shooting northern ireland

Options
  • 10-12-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi im new to black powder shooting but would like to get into it.however im aware of the legal problem of shooting in the republic where i live. It amazes me that i can have my lee enfield but not a black powder rifle. I would like to know if there is any way i could get a licence in northern ireland and store my guns up there at a range or something like that any info would be helpfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

You have to be resident in Northern Ireland to have a NI firearms certificate, unless things have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

It seems quite clear to me - http://www.psni.police.uk/30-1_-_a4.pdf - Section 1 Question 5 states - 'YOU MUST BE RESIDENT IN NORTHERN IRELAND'.

TAC

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Yeah, thought that was still the case. Looks like a clear 'no' then...

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Hope this helps, I could be wrong but there is something about a sponsor.

http://www.psni.police.uk/30-38.pdf

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

A sponsor can apply for a visitor's permit on your behalf, but that's not the same as a domestic firearms cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I called up the PSNI Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department this afternoon, and spoke to a very helpful gentleman about this vexing and oft-asked question. He asked me to write him to get a letter of explanation that could be posted here as a sticky - Mods approving, of course.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭black powder colt

thanks for the replies

Advertisement