Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options
  • 10-12-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

New leagues are up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D a bot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh, mine hasn't been update yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh, mine hasn't been update yet. :(

Go into archive on your league page and S 14 should be there.

Mauling Bear?! Ah for fecksake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Going to be up against it in div II.4 but what other way would you want it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

got a season of wnwim teams in Div IV, thankfully in the Moon and Stars and the Boards league to keep me interested in the game! quite depressed with relegation now i must admit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

TheJims wrote: »
    got a season of wnwim teams in Div IV, thankfully in the Moon and Stars and the Boards league to keep me interested in the game! quite depressed with relegation now i must admit

Puts you in a good position for a cup run though. Lots of Wednesday night ltnt I hope!

i saw that earlier on and had a little chuckle to myself :D

yer all going to get beating by a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

So having looked at working etc, and having a move to Korea rejected, i plucked for somewhere closer to home but 1/2 hours ahead, so i'll get the games at my night time, when i'm home.

I'm now in Poland, div.II. Ranked 11th in the nation, and most likely in a shoot off for 1st place and promotion to div I.

Yes, it won't be as competitive as Ireland, but its just for ease of access, as i actually want to keep playing the game when i move.

I'll be back to Ireland in 5 seasons, hopefully with a wealth of experience, and a few trophies to booth.

Best of luck to my old boards league mates, and the rest of the boardsies in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    Going to be up against it in div II.4 but what other way would you want it!?

Welcome! Standard is even higher this season in II.4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Thoughish leauge again 3.11, the relegated 2nd divisioner look likley to steamroll the league again, with 4 maybe 5 teams with a good chance of playoffs again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

3.15, the proverbial whipping boys it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

first season in div 3, III.12, any tips to help me survive???

ormond lad wrote: »

Pick your battles, WNWIM the no hopers, and save energy for LTNTs on close games!

ormond lad wrote: »

Look out for the absolute unbelievable underdog wins. There's always at least one in each league each season, where the top dog assumes he has it in the bag and takes eyes off the prize.
    In a tooth and claw battle with the weaker teams, a risky gamble against a top team can give you the edge to avoid relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Thoughish leauge again 3.11, the relegated 2nd divisioner look likley to steamroll the league again, with 4 maybe 5 teams with a good chance of playoffs again

I'm playing the ex-2nd divisioner away for my first game :(
    That'll be a wake up introduction to Div 3!

Looking very like it might be another single season up in Div 3 for me :mad: hopefully someone will turn bot to save me!!

Zagato wrote: »
    I'm playing the ex-2nd divisioner away for my first game :(
    That'll be a wake up introduction to Div 3!

Looking very like it might be another single season up in Div 3 for me :mad: hopefully someone will turn bot to save me!!

People always aim for the stars, meaning you can attack them from the gutter as they pass.

Go for the underdog wins and you'll be solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

ajeffares wrote: »
    Welcome! Standard is even higher this season in II.4

Promoted to II.4 as well. Going to be tough to avoid relegation. Good luck lads.

Eireannach wrote: »
    Promoted to II.4 as well. Going to be tough to avoid relegation. Good luck lads.

pity the 3 of us will be essentially fighting for 5/6 as the top four look very strong and will be too much for me anyway in first season here. hope for a sneaky win every now and then though!:cool:

Good luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

All very tight from 3 to 8 in II.1

Pretty sure I've got the lowest first XV csr, but I'm hopeful of avoiding auto-relegation if I can play my cards right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

All very tight from 3 to 8 in II.1

Pretty sure I've got the lowest first XV csr, but I'm hopeful of avoiding auto-relegation if I can play my cards right.

Glad to have you with us dave. it was the same in the league last year, all very closely matched. cant say im too happy with fixture list either.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I may just be able to get 3rd this season...

Just had a look at the league table and the fixture lists, and I dont have to play the top 2 until rounds 5/6 and I start my campaign with a bot.

The new teams in the league this season all seem fairly average, and so I think I can pick up a few more wins than I did last season...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It doesn't rain it pours. After struggling for team form all last season half of my team now have little green arrows with not a red arrow in sight!

Had a bit of a chuckle reading the old threads on this, this morning; back when everyone was starting out, ranting and raving about 3kcsr players picked up for 500$.. Funny to see how all the teams have developed at different rates, considering everyone seems to have started at a similar time... I started a season after most of you lot, and seem to be in the middle-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Noooo!!!!

The Newbliss Marlins are only 107 points behind, after scoring a try with 5 mins left on the clock :(

satory wrote: »
    Noooo!!!!

The Newbliss Marlins are only 107 points behind, after scoring a try with 5 mins left on the clock :(

shame on you for letting a bot score on you. next member to do this gets a week on the touchline.

shame on you for letting a bot score on you. next member to do this gets a week on the touchline.
    whats a week on the touchline

seanand wrote: »
    whats a week on the touchline

zero posting privilages, must watch from the stands!:p

zero posting privilages, must watch from the stands!:p

good thing i kept a clean sheet so:p

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    good thing i kept a clean sheet so:p

atta boy seanand!!

anyone else get promoted up a division and looking at the league match on sat and going... not a chance of a sniff of a win!

Advertisement