Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

eoferrall wrote: »
    I would focus on 3 players to whatever level is the highest for your team, and get a cycle going, so over a couple of seasons you will have nearly a full team of fairly highlevel CSR players. Training for the u20's is an excellent way to develop your team, gives you the boost to keep training them for the full 4 seasons to end up with a quality player.

so I would training the u20 at ten sessions the good prospect at ten and then another decent youngster for the remaining 7 and then sell any other promising academy players for cash.

So pick three players and then train them for the next 3/4 years? and then start again?

I have the u20 prop, i have a 204, 122kg 32 star lock coming out in a few weeks so will train him and then have 2 younger backs who have potential. If i sell some players might be able to afford the next level training ground so can up the sessions and keep on progressing, i expect to get relegated this season and then crush for promotion again in 2 seasons with much stronger team hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Trippie wrote: »
    So pick three players and then train them for the next 3/4 years? and then start again?

I have the u20 prop, i have a 204, 122kg 32 star lock coming out in a few weeks so will train him and then have 2 younger backs who have potential. If i sell some players might be able to afford the next level training ground so can up the sessions and keep on progressing, i expect to get relegated this season and then crush for promotion again in 2 seasons with much stronger team hopefully
    Yeah I would do that, originally I spread them over the team but stopped for two reasons
    a) sure most weren't going to be on my team within a few seasons
    b) one or two training sessions wasn't making too much impact across the team. see more benefit from intensive on one player that will be on team for his whole career (or you sell for $$$)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Gonna be another tight game this week against dave's bogwarriors. I went normal again and fairly certain he's gone LTNT. He's ahead on stars but not by much, another entertaining afternoon ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

god the stars are close in my game it should be epic and with his csr advantage but my hga and energy advantage it could be close as hell
    newcastle west vs foireanne rugby

seanand wrote: »
    god the stars are close in my game it should be epic and with his csr advantage but my hga and energy advantage it could be close as hell
    newcastle west vs foireanne rugby

nothing in that alright, could be worth keeping an eye on!

• Advertisement

nothing in that alright, could be worth keeping an eye on!

iv also stuck it on 75% creative and expansive mix so should be an "exciting" game

20 mins gone and ive hardly touched the ball with only 17% possession and to make it worse ive given away 7 penalties. 16-0 down doesnt seem too bad now! Have to wait for second half before a comeback can be mounted i think.

Still cant get my hands on the ball but pulled it back to 16-14 at HT.

seanand wrote: »
    iv also stuck it on 75% creative and expansive mix so should be an "exciting" game

Dude....your destroying him!!!

Dude....your destroying him!!!
    32-12 now but the stats look beautiful aswell:D

• Advertisement

Played two, Lost two, Two losing BP. Have better chance winning my next game than I did my first two so hoping to pick up some points there

Got destroyed in the end but think i needed the wake up call. Got cocky after last weeks win and tried fancy new team set up....didnt work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Beat Kildare RFC 63-10, both on LTNT.

Went WNWIM again as no chance... biding time to pick up wins (i hope!). Div II is certainly a culture shock after cruising Div III 90% of time. See in 14 weeks if still enjoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Picked up a solid win, my normal vs his TNT, getting my bonus point and denying him one. Pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I have a lad who is getting 5 stars in my academy games, promoting tomorrow.

ajeffares wrote: »

is that tnt or what? even if it is its still very impressive:eek:

what did he turn out like AJ?

It was TNT, he came out with 33000 csr which is very impressive. Just shows that training guys in the academy can be worthwhile. Shame his non trainables aren't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I thought he was a 17yo, but that's still really impressive!

Unfortunately not but I do have a few quality 19 year olds in the academy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

ok so for my cup game I'm playing a DivII team. They arent much better than me...and have terrible energy at the moment vs my first teams almost perfect energy (i rested my first team at the weekend)

My question is should i risk a Normal in cup vs his (almost certain) LTNT or LTNT to be sure?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7584498

what do people think? I;m leaning towards normal based on how most of his team is on weary or fit

Are you willing to sacrifice a league game for the cup?

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Your normal should beat his LTNT at the moment. Look at his game from the weekend where he went LTNT and he's on even lower energy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah you'll have him on normal. His top player aside you've a better team anyway.

Are you willing to sacrifice a league game for the cup?
    Possibly...dont think i need to though. My B team isnt all that bad
    corny wrote: »
    Yeah you'll have him on normal. His top player aside you've a better team anyway.
    Thanks...thats what I thought...I think my A team should take him

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Your normal should beat his LTNT at the moment. Look at his game from the weekend where he went LTNT and he's on even lower energy now.
    Hope so..still might mix A & B team a bit and play it LTNT?

your call but still think you could take him on normal. best of luck either way. I look forward to seeing who you get in round 5!! Did i just jinx it :D

your call but still think you could take him on normal. best of luck either way. I look forward to seeing who you get in round 5!! Did i just jinx it :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

So i have a 40 star 16 yr old lock getting 3.5 stars in the youth team games. his birthday isnt until week 9 so roughly what should I expect of him csr wise by the time he comes out?

Advertisement