Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Trippie wrote: »
    So i have a 40 star 16 yr old lock getting 3.5 stars in the youth team games. his birthday isnt until week 9 so roughly what should I expect of him csr wise by the time he comes out?

Whats his form like?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

at tnt ya? and form? if its at tnt i would suspect about 22k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

seanand wrote: »
    at tnt ya? and form? if its at tnt i would suspect about 22k

Normal and 8/9 form recently

Trippie wrote: »
    Normal and 8/9 form recently

def 20plus id guess but dont hold me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Trippie, Dave's code estimated your youth (Joseph Lennon, yes?) at about 21792 and that is usually fairly accurate.

Anyone who hasn't seen it he put an excel file in the U20 S18 section of the offsite with all the irish youths in it.

Meant to say before, great job on that Dave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Any chance of a link to that page? Can't seem to be able to find it!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to that page? Can't seem to be able to find it!

Sorry that was meant to be S18 U20 page. Excel file is in the zip folder linked in the post of daveharnett's at the end of it http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t2558p210-youths-scouted-into-acadamies

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Scorched Earth is a boards.ie team right?

The name sounds somewhat familiar... I just hope they don't care about a cup run this season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

satory wrote: »

Ya thats Orizio

satory wrote: »

The name sounds somewhat familiar... I just hope they don't care about a cup run this season ;)

Its Orizio's team (Turenne on offsite) as Js said. He generally seems top like a cup run but this season may feel like sacrificing it to help stay in div 2 which could give you a bit of luck there.

He plays Jp on the weekend though so there is a chance they have a wnwim agreement that may allow him to go all out tonight.

I'm playing a lot of 2nds myself tonight. Decided to conserve energy for the league than push an at best 50/50 shot against City of Derry.

• Advertisement

Am yet to concede a point in either cup or league. So far so good.

I figure i'll be guaranteed a top 3 finish in the league, even if I drop a game or two along the way, so i'm going to go all out to try(and fail) in winning the cup or atelast make the semis.

Into the final 32, with a game tonoght i think i'll win. Then, if i don't get a top 4 ranked team, i'd fancy making it into the last 8 of my cup. Atleast it's more cash in the coffers.

Have two internationals, one at u20 level, and one at senior. Things are definatly picking up here! Although i'll be in an area of Bosnia for a few weeks with little or no internet, so i'll have to preset in tactics and hope for no injuries to anybody!

Have two internationals, one at u20 level, and one at senior. Things are definatly picking up here! Although i'll be in an area of Bosnia for a few weeks with little or no internet, so i'll have to preset in tactics and hope for no injuries to anybody!

Yeah, my team seems to be coming on nicely around the same level. Have to say I've enjoyed training for the U20's even if one hasn't/wont make it.

Hadn't realised you had moved to the Polish league Voodoo, what area of Poland is Monkstown in? :p

Make sure you set your bench properly so that your team stays ok with an injury. I got stung with that last season while away with a centre starting as hooker as I had an injury to my first and second choice and had the wrong player in as the 2nd replacement.

Edit: Also meant to say that I'll put up your next few fixtures in the boards league in the next day or so as your away so you can accept.

Yup, i ( will be in the next few weeks ) moved to Bosnia and Iraq with work, so Poland was a decent option timezone wise between the two.

It's near Kracow.. just beside the bakery. Lovely little spot. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Completely slipped my mind to set my team up. Default tactics, default team. :rolleyes:

Sick. :mad:

By accident i had set in WNWIM for my game last night, with a very mixed and dodgy team with second rows on the wings etc. Won by a score in the end, but dropped by first points of S14 :(.

Onwards and upwards though, into the final 16, with prob the weakest team left in the draw. Will be fairly confident of making the last 8 at least.

out of the cup i rolled over and took it last night but i could of taking him on tnt and def would of got through the next round. he got my leader TheFarmer:p
    whats he still doing in the cup poxy beep :(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

your call but still think you could take him on normal. best of luck either way. I look forward to seeing who you get in round 5!! Did i just jinx it :D

thankfully no

i won easy enough in the end...he WNWIM the game vs my normal

DivIV team in the next round- anybody know Trypod?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=46319#page=summary&id=46319

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Played 4, won 2, 4 bonus points. Im going to lose my next three games as they are against as the top sides but I am 7 points clear in 4th place.11 points clear of auto relegation. Was not expecting this at all, might just stay up on my first attempt

Crap! Judging by the stars im after cutting tonights cup game very tight. Come on the B team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

got busy in work n forgot to set tactics for my cup match, my default is wnwim, and its a match i cud of winning on normal! but i dont see wnwm being enough, craps

• Advertisement

Turns out i was worried about nothing. 0-28 up at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

winning 3-21 at halftime, slightly better energy levels so optimistic. was very nervous before hand. was going to bend over, but decided to go normal with a pretty strong team but not full A's so COME ON THE ELAT!:p

BR gods have been favorable with the draw! Against the worst team in the draw, that will go bot before the match itself(hopefully) then i can play my seconds at wnwim. Will then be in the last 16 teams, where hopefully i'll pick up a lower seed.

The two top seeds meet in the next round, so providing i don't come across them in the next two games, i'd be confident of my first polish cup final! Although, it'd be a major upset, as the guy is pushing on 30 ranking points above me.

Potential of two games away from a final. Will need to start resting the big guns, and maybe forgo training to save on energy!

annoyed now, 28-3 up minutes into the second half and now losing 31-28. I had better energy and csr wise similar teams, so expected it to be close. but how the match has gone really baffles me. to go 25 pts up and then be losing by 3 and still ahead on stats is weird.:(:confused:

Game over - vitamin G get penalty in last few mins :(

So annoyed after leading so nicely. had more prematch stars, similar line breaks, half the missed tackles, twice as many metres gained. :mad: ah well focus on the league now.

4 injuries might explain collapse in second half I guess. gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i won! bizzare?? 7 tries to 6... he went normal n i went wnwim.. he had a guy with100k+ and a few other lads with much higher csr then my highest with 37k??

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7587094

Bring on Open Side next week!! :D:D:D a nice cheque for playin in there stadium n off i go!

TheJims wrote: »
    i won! bizzare?? 7 tries to 6... he went normal n i went wnwim.. he had a guy with100k+ and a few other lads with much higher csr then my highest with 37k??

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7587094

Bring on Open Side next week!! :D:D:D a nice cheque for playin in there stadium n off i go!

Congrats!

Great win Jims, your obviously a tactical mstermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Ah nuts I drew home game vs Cork Southsiders :(

not even the bonus of half his match profits to compensate getting spanked by 3rd in Div I.I

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7588851

well its back to the league so I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

BR gods have been favorable with the draw! Against the worst team in the draw, that will go bot before the match itself(hopefully) then i can play my seconds at wnwim. Will then be in the last 16 teams, where hopefully i'll pick up a lower seed.

The two top seeds meet in the next round, so providing i don't come across them in the next two games, i'd be confident of my first polish cup final! Although, it'd be a major upset, as the guy is pushing on 30 ranking points above me.

Potential of two games away from a final. Will need to start resting the big guns, and maybe forgo training to save on energy!

I was super interested until I read Polish! :P

Through to the next round anyhows, and the next match looks doable.

• Advertisement

A most interesting game against the league leaders today. I took a chance with WNWIM as was fairly sure he would do the same. So now i have a chance of taking something from this game and still having good energy for tough cup and 2 league games coming up.

Advertisement