Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Up against Clampett today...

Nervous because I'm fielding a full 2nd string team, and he's a pesky bugger when it comes to surpassing his CSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Up against Clampett today...

Nervous because I'm fielding a full 2nd string team, and he's a pesky bugger when it comes to surpassing his CSR.
    did you see the prematch stars? your well safe im sure. also 1014 forwards you fat bastard:p

seanand wrote: »
    did you see the prematch stars? your well safe im sure. also 1014 forwards you fat bastard:p

I'm never safe when it's Clampett! He's wily!

Though this line made me chuckle...

"Try Munch Bunch! Curly Sue Death Squad ease out to a 22 point lead with that score by Branduardi. This is looking ominous for Fewcifurs Bots."

Constant reminder to be cautious.

And yes, I can field a full pack over 125kg, should they all be on form on a given weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Handy win again today to continue my 15 game winning streak in all copmititions :) althought i dont fancy my next game in the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Huge win over City of Derry today to move into 4th in my league. Going to be tough to maintain but I'm going for it. Disappointed that two other Boards members in my league played with a WNWIM agreement as they prepare to play me. Honestly, didn't expect that but I suppose I am the team they want to relegate :(

• Advertisement

Eireannach wrote: »
    Huge win over City of Derry today to move into 4th in my league. Going to be tough to maintain but I'm going for it. Disappointed that two other Boards members in my league played with a WNWIM agreement as they prepare to play me. Honestly, didn't expect that but I suppose I am the team they want to relegate :(

Ah sure these WNWIM agreements seem to be the rage. Think a few of the lads have had the same agreement going on for the last few seasons, I wouldn't take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Was only down by a point at half time but forgot to come out in second half, ended up losing by 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Eireannach wrote: »

Didn't know you were on here! nice win you had at the weekend, from 3rd place down it is quite close, only bonus points in it really!

As fewcifer says it is nothing personal, I was asked and said why not as thought I would beat him anyway! And I don't care who relegates as long as it is not me!!:D

I am hoping to get a win of city of derry also... any tips!;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

eoferrall wrote: »
    Didn't know you were on here! nice win you had at the weekend, from 3rd place down it is quite close, only bonus points in it really!

As fewcifer says it is nothing personal, I was asked and said why not as thought I would beat him anyway! And I don't care who relegates as long as it is not me!!:D

I am hoping to get a win of city of derry also... any tips!;):P

I have him on wednesday in the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Scrummage wrote: »
    I have him on wednesday in the cup

City of Derry knocked me out of the cup :(

Go get 'em!

• Advertisement

Up 17-8 against a superior foe. Hopefully my mediocre gents can play as a unit and take down his 100+ boys.

32.50 - Damn. Had a good move result in a "NO TRY!" TMO decision. Could have put me well ahead.

34.12 - The lads are straight back in for a no nonsense pressure try from the old guard prop. Nice. Kick in the bag, 24-8.

Half-time - Held the score. Some hope coming in.

40.27 - Fudge. Jinxed it. 15-24 with a handy try. Damn.

43.35 - Old guard proving their worth tonight. Up to 15-29. Unfortunately the kicker messed up a handy one.

50.03 - Starting to really pull away : 15 - 36

51.38 - Starting to regret the LTNT : 15 - 41

Let's hope against the foot off the gas effect... suddenly my dominating scrum seems to be getting destroyed

62.03 - Two easy tries see them up to 29 - 43. Fudge.

69.40 - My team have obviously contracted a virus, a stupidity virus! My top ball handler knocks it on twice, my super kicker can't find touch; my pack are getting destroyed in the scrum... fudge.

74.00 - Managed to get it up to 29 - 46, but the lads still can't hold the ball and have managed to pass it out of bounds. Probably safe enough with a 17 point lead though.

77.25 - It's now 36-46 and my best on-pitch player is injured. Fudge. Still, 10 points with three minutes is doable, but only just about.

Full-time - 36-49. And Curly Sue Death Squad match their best cup run.

Cookstown RFC in the next round. So, it's not impossible, though my team are shagged after two weeks TNTin' this shiz.

Fair few boardsies still in the cup, always a good sign of community health.

Polk High have now also matched their best cup run. Such a nice feeling winning going on WNWIM when the other guy has LTNT.

Have JP and his fookers in next round, interesting.....very interesting.

Back to the old league or cup dilemma again unfortunately.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Fair few boardsies still in the cup, always a good sign of community health.

Only matter of time before we're all in div 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Granted it's Poland, and much easier, but i'm now in the quarters, again agaisnt the worst team. The team i played last night went BOT 1 hour after the game finished.. kinda annoying. I'm fairly confident of a Semi Final spot, and once i don't get Dark lightening, 80+ ranking points, i feel i can reach the final as i have the beating of all the other teams bar DL. So hopefully, hopefully the draw will be kind and i'll reach my first ever cup final!

Have still only conceded 7 points in the league too so far, hopefully i'll get up to DIV I this year, all hinging on how the final other team perform. I have them in week 8, and am already 4 points clear of him, a good solid win will almost guarentee promotion playoff final as i'll get a good understanding of the guy.. unless he's a tactical genius, and looses on purposes knowing i'll meet him in the playoff, and tries to throw me off.

Ah well, my BR life, and real life and progressing well following my move! Will be moving back to Ireland in 18 months, so will bring them back with me in 5 seasons.

Good luck to everyone left in the cup!

On a side note,

Anyone interested in setting up a community challege thing with Poland?
    Standard isn't high outside of DIVI and a few div II teams, so it'd have to be somewhat equally matched. I could organise it all on the polish side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Granted it's Poland, and much easier, but i'm now in the quarters, again agaisnt the worst team. The team i played last night went BOT 1 hour after the game finished.. kinda annoying. I'm fairly confident of a Semi Final spot, and once i don't get Dark lightening, 80+ ranking points, i feel i can reach the final as i have the beating of all the other teams bar DL. So hopefully, hopefully the draw will be kind and i'll reach my first ever cup final!

Have still only conceded 7 points in the league too so far, hopefully i'll get up to DIV I this year, all hinging on how the final other team perform. I have them in week 8, and am already 4 points clear of him, a good solid win will almost guarentee promotion playoff final as i'll get a good understanding of the guy.. unless he's a tactical genius, and looses on purposes knowing i'll meet him in the playoff, and tries to throw me off.

Ah well, my BR life, and real life and progressing well following my move! Will be moving back to Ireland in 18 months, so will bring them back with me in 5 seasons.

Good luck to everyone left in the cup!

On a side note,

Anyone interested in setting up a community challege thing with Poland?
    Standard isn't high outside of DIVI and a few div II teams, so it'd have to be somewhat equally matched. I could organise it all on the polish side of things.

Between boards ie and Poland? Sounds like a cool way to advertise the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah that would be a great idea...

Yup, Boards and Poland! Logistically i don't think it's possible for this season(?) correct me if i'm wrong?

It'd have to start off small with <16 teams. But if it works, and people still want to do it it could be kept up and build over time.

As a side note, i could rope in the Romanian teams along with Polish, as i know a few decent Romanian managers. So it could be a Boards.ie Vs Poland Romania teams cup challange?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

that sounds really cool!

by the looks of it the BRICC will be Thursday of week 15 and CC against Wales will be Monday of Week 16

Last season the Lions took up the Thursday of W16 spot but i dont think that will be happening every year! so potentially Monday of W15 and Thursday of W16 should be free??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Well fEck it. Got a 78 minute try to take the lead by 1 point. But offloaders came back and got a last minute try. 2 bonus points but still pissed off.
    Lost 2 last games where if my FH was able to kick i might have won or at least drawen. :mad:

• Advertisement

pretty fecking annoyed didnt win today but the blasted penalty count against me in kickable places was too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I'd be interested in a boards v poland thing....if your looking for expressions of interest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Il play a boards v poland if it goes ahead

Won my 2nd div 3 game today, up to 6th and am confident i can keep it and avoid auto relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Whoop, won match today to move me up to 5th in Div II. very happy with that use of LTNT. reads like a cracker ending 41-54!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

pretty fecking annoyed didnt win today but the blasted penalty count against me in kickable places was too high.

I think your wnwim today has put you in thenext round of the cup though :(

I thought about playing my reserves today, but it was too tempting to try and get something from the league game.

Looks like its gonna be a really close match with JP tonight. We're level in nearly everything but he has a half a star advantage overall. Think i'll be watching this one!

Looks like its gonna be a really close match with JP tonight. We're level in nearly everything but he has a half a star advantage overall. Think i'll be watching this one!

Should be a nail-biter alright !

jprender wrote: »

Should be a nail-biter alright !

Gotta say the game is a lot of cock JS.

I'm showing 1 missed tackle, yet you have made 4 linebreaks and scored 2 tries?

Anyway, wp and good luck in next round.

Not over by long way yet. Most of my games this season has seen me score a lot in first half and then try and weather the comeback by the other team in the second. Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont.

Anyway saw your backs form is lower then mine so im playing a lot of creative/expansive which might explain the linebreaks.

• Advertisement

Through to the semis, but got the top seed. May aswell pack up and go home now.

Advertisement