Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nice! Curly Sue Death Squad beat the odds yet again!

It's now the show down of the Death Dealers... North Down vs Curly Sue. Dun dun dunnnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Nice! Curly Sue Death Squad beat the odds yet again!

It's now the show down of the Death Dealers... North Down vs Curly Sue. Dun dun dunnnnnn!

We're the last 2 boardsies left :eek:

This is the furthest i've ever gotten but i think my days are numbered with los verdeblancos on the horizon. Perhaps a cunning plan could give me a chance.

Christ the league is gonna go down the drain with all these cup games, there's already points gone a begging the last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

:)
    We're the last 2 boardsies left :eek:

This is the furthest i've ever gotten but i think my days are numbered with los verdeblancos on the horizon. Perhaps a cunning plan could give me a chance.

Christ the league is gonna go down the drain with all these cup games, there's already points gone a begging the last two games.

Congrats you too, I felt this year would get me past round 5... where I bow out nearly every year - very unlucky with draws I fee!:( this season drew a team very much same standard as me, and was pounding him until the final third when i threw in towel it seems despite better stamina and energy and lost by a couple of points. I was raging!!

Keep the flag flying for us Fewi & Jonny! best of luck next week!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

eoferrall wrote: »
    I felt this year would get me past round 5... where I bow out nearly every year

Last season was the only season that I've gotten past round 4. It was also the season I was away for the first half of and was only paying a small bit of attention.

I think this might tell me something about my manager skills :(

Oh and go for it Js and Fewi!!

mar-z wrote: »

Oh and go for it Js and Fewi!!

I suddenly feel like a highlander :D

• Advertisement

I didn't realise it was only two of us left. Must have been a fair few unlucky draws and matches out there.

I've been this far before, or at least round 7, but it was always by getting the lowest seed and luck. This time I've had better opposition in all but the first three rounds, so, feeling pretty happy. Played Northdown before and they've absolutely stomped me, so I reckon this is where I depart.

I officially hate everything.

I've been sitting in a computer lab all day, trying to chip away at various bits, and I completely forgot to set my team for the cup match tonight!

Damn it! And I actually thought I had the beatings of him, what with my lads being fully fresh and his gents being knackered. Now I dunno what's going on, but I do know that is any of my props are injured, a 75kg winger is going to sub on. Fup.

A superior opponent, away from home, certain defeat......cant wait! Lets rock!

Just looking at the stars and its really close but he has the edge.

Curly sue is looking really good for a quarter final spot tho.

Come on the boardsies!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Cup Semi, i put out my seconds at wnwim.

To win I would have needed to LTNT and somehow workout a tactical masterpiece.

I'd rather save my energy for the league.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the stars and its really close but he has the edge.

Curly sue is looking really good for a quarter final spot tho.

Come on the boardsies!!!!!

You know you just jinxed him now right!?

You know you just jinxed him now right!?

nah it looks like he has enough over north down.....

nah it looks like he has enough over north down.....

he should do yeah!:p

This is a bloody tense game but im up 0-10 with 24 mins gone.

Unbelievable. Up 7-31 at half time. Never saw that coming. FOTG better not screw me.

Whats are the odds on a boards cup final?

Polk High and Curly Sue Death Squad into the quarter finals!!

Why did I come here first?! I'm setting myself up for a high before I go to the actual website and see it was all an elaborate ruse. Seriously, not a great team out there.

Edit: Nice, two try lead and took him all over the pitch. That'll teach him to play a cup match on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Congrats.

Johnnysmack make that High Voltage fella work in the quarters. I play him next week in the league.;)

corny wrote: »
    Congrats.

Johnnysmack make that High Voltage fella work in the quarters. I play him next week in the league.;)

I intend to, we're fairly evenly matched in both CSR and energy. Another toss up of a game.

This whole cup business is gonna prove quite costly. Im gonna end up fighting relegation instead of cruising into a play off spot with all the points im dropping.

Congrats lads, in another season or two I think there will be a lot of boards teams filling these remaining slots... don't think we'll be so friendly to each other then!:D

• Advertisement

I intend to, we're fairly evenly matched in both CSR and energy. Another toss up of a game.

This whole cup business is gonna prove quite costly. Im gonna end up fighting relegation instead of cruising into a play off spot with all the points im dropping.

Yeah, I can see it taking two weeks for my firsts to get back to a decent fitness level, but I'm pretty sure they're two weeks with my "must win" league matches in them. Not really fearing missing the play-offs (league has a nice balance to it.) but I will be struggling for a decent spot.

Ah Eof, it's all about the luck of the draw. Sure look at my boards league adventures, I haven't actually won a match all season. Sure, most of my cup draws were usually double my CSR, but they all had weak spots. Us boardsies seem to have a good habit of creating solid teams. A Boardsie packed semi could have easily happened this year if the dice was rolled the right way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

thought id have a good shot at winning a 3rd div 3 game today, playing against the other promoted team. thought wrong- lost by 30 points :(

Ouch, I'm up for a major spanking tonight. Though I was on for a possible super underdog story with all my top lads on great form and well rested, but I'm getting demolished. Could be a bot-esque scoreline here. Guess I was mad for thinking I could make up the 130k+ CSR difference.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ouch, I'm up for a major spanking tonight. Though I was on for a possible super underdog story with all my top lads on great form and well rested, but I'm getting demolished. Could be a bot-esque scoreline here. Guess I was mad for thinking I could make up the 130k+ CSR difference.

20 mins gone and its still 0-0 in my game but he has had most of the possession and territory.

Theres only few mins left but im 7-35 up. Un-fecking-believable im into the cup semi finals. Just praying for a favourable draw.

Unlucky fewi, i thought you had a chance when i saw the stars.

Theres only few mins left but im 7-35 up. Un-fecking-believable im into the cup semi finals. Just praying for a favourable draw.

Unlucky fewi, i thought you had a chance when i saw the stars.

20-35. I was kicking myself for some tactical decisions, until I saw he went WNWIM against my TNT. That sucker had me nailed. Fair play on the win JS!

Great i got the Ruffians in the semi. I wont be contesting that match, B team at WNWIM.

Time to salvage the league if possible.

Good stuff lads! next season I'll see you there... hopefully!

unlucky fewcifer, looked a bridge too far for you.

Jonny semis is a great result. hopefully you won't suffer too much from this in league! but your account must be looking very healthy!:D

but your account must be looking very healthy!:D

i wish!! only 100k left in the bank....probably cause i spent 700k on stadium upgrades :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Great i got the Ruffians in the semi. I wont be contesting that match, B team at WNWIM.

Time to salvage the league if possible.

well done on getting to the semi...great achievement! if ur gonna play your B team, might as well let them give it a go at LTNT

Advertisement