Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ha ha i feel honoured. looks like the ruffians threw their game today ahead of the cup semi final. Must have him worried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ha ha i feel honoured. looks like the ruffians threw their game today ahead of the cup semi final. Must have him worried :D

Well, you are a sneaky one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Had a very unexpected win today against rebels, only area my stars were better were kicking, ruck and lineout.

Not a FOTG either i lead for most of the way. :D:D

League (div 3 III) also very interest 5 points separate 4th and 8th one win and i could go from last to playoffs.

Unlikely but a boy can dream. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ugh one of those matches I feel I should have LTNT'd, chicken'd out to have energy for dog fights coming up...lost by 3 its normal v normal. Gutted...and slipped into relegation zone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Dead Hard Fookers, we good for WNWIM yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Orizio wrote: »
    Dead Hard Fookers, we good for WNWIM yeah?

Yeah. no bother.

If the current half time scores stand in my league then Wile and his cork coyotes will have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for me for the play offs. Gonna need bit a of ponder on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

jprender wrote: »
    Yeah. no bother.

Close one there mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I won but the other team rolled over meaning I wasted energy on ltnt which is annoying.

1st place by 4 points.

I lost a match I've been winning for the last three seasons. They never change their team or tactics, so I used the same winning tactics with the best available squad...

... kicker had an atrocious day and came away with zero points and my tail between my legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

As good as relegated now, lost yesterday by 11, if id got a losimg bonus might have had a shot at finishing 6th. 11 points behind 6th place now with 3 games left. Back to div 4 i go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Relegrated for sure now, 2 points ahead vs the top 3 teams where i wont pick up a single point and he has a easy game vs the league's whipping boy. sold two really good talents half way through the season which would of made a difference but in return have upgraded all my training facilities and coaching staff so that coupled with an easy season next year means I should be back better equipped to deal with promotion

Trippie wrote: »
    Relegrated for sure now, 2 points ahead vs the top 3 teams where i wont pick up a single point and he has a easy game vs the league's whipping boy. sold two really good talents half way through the season which would of made a difference but in return have upgraded all my training facilities and coaching staff so that coupled with an easy season next year means I should be back better equipped to deal with promotion

Definitely try to ltnt at least the last game. Teams who are already qualified with positions set should be resting players, and possibly going wnwim for the play-offs so you might have more of a chance.

Never lose faith! :D

mar-z wrote: »
    Definitely try to ltnt at least the last game. Teams who are already qualified with positions set should be resting players, and possibly going wnwim for the play-offs so you might have more of a chance.

Never lose faith! :D

This is what I will be hoping for in my last few games... that and a pray to stay in Div III two matches I lost by a couple of points by risking it and going normal have left me very potentially eh... F^&*%d!!:(

eoferrall wrote: »
    This is what I will be hoping for in my last few games... that and a pray to stay in Div III two matches I lost by a couple of points by risking it and going normal have left me very potentially eh... F^&*%d!!:(

Whats up with ajeffres team? he's lost every game, his team is better then that.

Whats up with ajeffres team? he's lost every game, his team is better then that.

He tends to disappear at times. He should get tips from Mar-z, the aul "How to have your team do better when you step away" guide. :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    He tends to disappear at times. He should get tips from Mar-z, the aul "How to have your team do better when you step away" guide. :)

I've learnt from that this season, I call it the aul "ignore your gut feeling and that stupid little voice that tells you to change things at the last minute in order to outfox your opponent because its usually wrong".

I'm doing better this season :D

mar-z wrote: »
    I've learnt from that this season, I call it the aul "ignore your gut feeling and that stupid little voice that tells you to change things at the last minute in order to outfox your opponent because its usually wrong".

I'm doing better this season :D

Not too sure, he has logged in frequently enough but his team doesn't overly change and the intensity doesn't change and from what I can acertain his tactics do not fluctuate too much.

Appears to be he looked to be relegated?!

Also it's like a sickening feeling clontarf up in 4th when twice I've run him close and should really have learnt and LTNT'd him second time... those 4 pts from a couple of weeks ago would be vital:(

sure see how it pans out over next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Just had my first home grown player reach '18' skill level, in not one but two different things! Ethan Carolan hit 18 Attack and Defense today!
    My other home grown guy has 3 17s (speed, attack and strength).

How much of an actual difference is there between the likes of 17/18 and 18/19.
    As in, should i continue to train the ones that are 18? Or drop them for something else? Would the difference in performance be that noticeable?

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Just had my first home grown player reach '18' skill level, in not one but two different things! Ethan Carolan hit 18 Attack and Defense today!
    My other home grown guy has 3 17s (speed, attack and strength).

How much of an actual difference is there between the likes of 17/18 and 18/19.
    As in, should i continue to train the ones that are 18? Or drop them for something else? Would the difference in performance be that noticeable?

Wow, well played. The highest skill on my team is one lad with a single 15!

• Advertisement

Wow, well played. The highest skill on my team is one lad with a single 15!

Thanks, they'd be coming to the end of their 3rd season of lvl 5 training, so I guess it all pays off picking the right guys to train!

I've been thinking about it and will most likely stop training their highest skills, and focus on something else, that either hadn't been trained / only got 1 session. I'll prob just just focus on handling, strength and defence now for the time being, although my first XV are coming out with 8/10 for defence on Normal. ( only played first xv a handful of times this season, and have been rotating players in and out of there )

Thanks, they'd be coming to the end of their 3rd season of lvl 5 training, so I guess it all pays off picking the right guys to train!

I've been thinking about it and will most likely stop training their highest skills, and focus on something else, that either hadn't been trained / only got 1 session. I'll prob just just focus on handling, strength and defence now for the time being, although my first XV are coming out with 8/10 for defence on Normal. ( only played first xv a handful of times this season, and have been rotating players in and out of there )

Yeah I do the same, though I stop at level 16/17 and let team training take it from there (think it goes to 18?)

only just opened lvl5 training facilities so hoping m development pace picks up nicely! starting to get a few lads over the 100k mark and my first 15 average csr is rising nicely. (mainly let down by my low csr front room)

level 18 skill is more then enough for a club player. id only try and go higher if it was for a NT.

Once they do hit level 18 there is a massive drop in team training gains for them, pretty annoying actually.

Thanks guys, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking!

IIRC it's an 18-22% increase in training gains from lvl 4 - lvl 5.

( and the point about training for NT past 18, they are both NT[for Poland] so that's the only reason I havn't stopped training them altogether yet.

I really dont want my team going un balanced having 4/5 lads 130kcsr + and the rest 50-70k csr.

Ethan Carolan hit 18 Attack and Defense today!

Hey voodoo just had a look at him, how did you manage 18 in two skills and yet he's only just over 100K CSR. Does he have poor-average skills in everything else?

Also congratulations, level 18 skill in an U20 is very rare. You must be sending him to that Polish training camp the welsh go to!

Hey voodoo just had a look at him, how did you manage 18 in two skills and yet he's only just over 100K CSR. Does he have poor-average skills in everything else?

Also congratulations, level 18 skill in an U20 is very rare. You must be sending him to that Polish training camp the welsh go to!

I went through a lil phase where I split his sessions 5/5 with someone else, keeping him training in Attack and defense ( 2 & 2 ) with one other skill @ lvl 5, which could account for the lower csr. IIRC, his starting skills weren't too bad, and they've had about 3 seasons of solid training at about [ on average ] one pop per skill every 4/5 weeks. On top of that his form has been great, and continually solid so that'll give an extra 3-4% gain overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t2751-player-guidelines

If you want to see what is expected of a senior NT trainee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I am going to get relegated and then yoyo straight back up next season, whether i can stay in 2 seasons is another question I am not sure about. right now I have a very young team, average age of 20 and I have one superstar prop

dunne2.th.jpg

I was thinking if I can sell him at the end of the year for around 1 million I can then upgrade to level 5 training facilities, start my level 5 attack coach i have stashed away and recruit some defensive ones. Then for the next year I have a much more balanced plan for my team improving everyone as opposed to the 10 stars for a few guys. this means I will have a stronger team overall but lacking serious talent for next season or two.

I have been saving my scouting stars also so I can draft back to back players with a high amount of stars and then when they turn 17 train them with my upgraded facilities. In theory this is a good plan but again all depends on how much I will get for the kid above.

any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Won today so 1 step closer to staying up in Div III. Although only 5 point between bottom 4.

I will need another win to make sure I don't get auto relegated. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Won today so 1 step closer to staying up in Div III. Although only 5 point between bottom 4.

I will need another win to make sure I don't get auto relegated. :D
    Lucky you
    Lost today to be auto relegated as im now 11 points behind 6th place with 2 games left
    Got 2 wins in my 1st season in div 3 and should get a 3rd in my game against 8th place

Advertisement