Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

a point between myself and killarney - and we're playing each other next week. head to head to decide who auto relegates and who stays to fight on!

fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Avoided auto-relegation in Div II this week, now chasing Jsmack for 4th, 'IF' he messes up I could be in with a shout of a playoff..... Go Johnny:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I spotted that davy but you actually did me a favour by beating the coyotes last week. Means i only have to win one of my last 2 games to be safe but i reckon you'll win your last two also.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

best of luck to ya Johnny, it's been a tough league this season, I've had to pick my battles in order to avoid auto relegation, the Simpletons really under performed, but apart from that it was touch and go for a bit, if you can beat titans you should get third and a playoff against Gerry, can't see Ruck slipping up in the playoffs tho'.

Simpletons sold most of his team. I can only get 4th at best i think. Surprised bogwarriors didnt do better though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Need 2 points to confirm top spot and playing the two best teams in the division the last 2 weeks. Ltnt tomorrow hoping to throw next week and leave a great shot at promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Mixed it up for a match I was sure I couldn't win. Thought I was going to get the first try, but the feckers caused a penalty and I went for the points. First blood though.

18 minutes in, fight our way back down to their end and they give away another penalty. 6-0 , but the way it was going it should be 14-0. One good try is going to wipe me out.

Ugh, keep giving the ball away stupidly in my own 22. Will be a long day if the lads don't buck up.

Edit: as I typed we turned over a scrum 5 metres out!

get the feeling i will be ****ed over in second half with this FOTG. just scored 3rd try. but optimistic I am having a good end of season to stay in div II. win this and it's a direct shootout next week in last match. winner takes all!:eek:

Edit: 18mins in and 4th try scored... going to be a long 60 to see if the FOTG changes things...

Just taken the lead despite having less than 30% territory! Game on!:D

Edit: 2nd try while still < 40% territiory. This game must be sickening for them. 7-15 at half time but this can still go either way as they have been better, we've just taken all our chances.

• Advertisement

Half time and 13-0 up. It's an interesting match. I wonder are they playing WNWIM, because I'm defo playing LTNT.

If I win this match it means the first match in the play-offs is going to be a rematch, with them at home.

Realistically, they've been so dominant all season, I can imagine them putting out their seconds at WNWIM, knowing that they can take the cup starting from anywhere in the playoffs.

Still, it'll only take them two tries to beat me, and they've a monster team.

Edit: Actually, 20-0 in the first minute. I'm feeling more confident. This could be a major upset depending on their intensity.

Edit again: Just checked and it's their first team, so, this may be an epic victory.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Edit: Actually, 20-0 in the first minute. I'm feeling more confident.

I'd be feeling more than confident if what is bold happened ;)

Edit: secured try bonus and unless fotg kills me than I'm set for top spot and throwing next weeks game with 2nds at wnwim.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Beat the Braybarians at the 5th time of asking today... 30-24 Didn't manage to get a bonus point, so I may not be able to hold on to 3rd place in my league, but still in the play offs.

just bull****. lost 40-42 after winning by a huge margin the whole match and 28-3 at half time. getting fed up with this FOTG bull**** such an extreme turn around is ridiculous.:mad:

playoff spot secured today. have to decide whether to put the A or B team out for the semi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Lost today currently 6th on 23 points. 7th on 23 points and 5th on 24 points.

7th and 5 playing each other in the next round and i have someone who has already qualified for playoff but could go from 4th to 3rd if they win.

Damn it I love/hate this game :o

mar-z wrote: »
    I'd be feeling more than confident if what is bold happened ;)

You'd think that… end score was 27-21 because of…
    eoferrall wrote: »
    just bull****. lost 40-42 after winning by a huge margin the whole match and 28-3 at half time. getting fed up with this FOTG bull**** such an extreme turn around is ridiculous.:mad:

That's right folks. FOTG bullll****! I had gained about 400metres vs her 136 at half time. Full time and it was even on 500ish. Madness.
    Only won due to two penalties. Mad.

Unfortunately it was her WNWIM against my TNT. So… if I meet her in the playoffs I'm most likely fooooked. Though a tighter match might mean I have no FOTG nonsense.

Won 7-33 in the end. Delighted especially since it was equal intensity. Get to throw next weeks game in prep for the play-offs now.

Odd that the now 2nd place (who I think I will meet in the final) tnt'd a bot :confused:

Oh and hopefully the changes fix the fotg nonsense from having such an effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

wondering if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated
    if i finish first in the league do i get promoted? or do I go into the playoffs regardless
    I am currently first and should confirm the top spot against a bot team next week.
    any advice on how to progress? ive been in league 3/4 for last 3 seasons and hopefully will get to III next season.

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    wondering if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated
    if i finish first in the league do i get promoted? or do I go into the playoffs regardless
    I am currently first and should confirm the top spot against a bot team next week.
    any advice on how to progress? ive been in league 3/4 for last 3 seasons and hopefully will get to III next season.

you need to win the play offs to promote. if your ranking is high enough you'll autopromote, if your below the autopromote line you'll end up in another playoff against a team who finished 5th or 6th in div 3.

you need to win the play offs to promote. if your ranking is high enough you'll autopromote, if your below the autopromote line you'll end up in another playoff against a team who finished 5th or 6th in div 3.

Actually, I've been meaning to ask is the promotion table frozen after the group stage or does it go to after the play offs?

mar-z wrote: »
    Actually, I've been meaning to ask is the promotion table frozen after the group stage or does it go to after the play offs?

adjusts during the playoffs also, well 99% sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

thanks for the help:)
    should confirm topspot today and get into the autopromote places with a bit of luck.:D
    only 3 or 4 spots off the cutoff

Yed!! Avoided relegation... for now! Playoffs to avoid the drop! Delighted as thought hsd lost chance with narrow loss last weekend, but surbi ed with narrow win today! :)

How's everyone set for playoffs?

I'm about to get mauled, but at least I'm going to put up a fight. Not sure how the stormy weather is going to affect things.

I've gone from being very confident to very unsure a hungover me forgot to remove the 10 sessions of training for each of my 3 highest csr players killing their energy.

If tactics and home ground advantage work today against who I think are my biggest opponents, I think I'll take the final, if not it should be a dissappointing 3rd.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How's everyone set for playoffs?

I'm about to get mauled, but at least I'm going to put up a fight. Not sure how the stormy weather is going to affect things.

waiting with bated breath to see you I get for the relegation playoffs having secured 6th spot in a straight shootout with Killarney. won by 3 pts which was a huge 3 in relation to the consequences re relegation.

Best of luck to all in playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Granted, I'll end up shooting myself in the foot by saying this; But i'm confident of promotion to Polish Div I now. Playing the 4th placed team, who I usually beat comprehensively ( 40+ points, on wnwim ) and i've also beaten the the team i'm likely to play in the final, by a decent margin.

So, barring a big upset, I'll be in Polish Div I come the weekend!

• Advertisement

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Granted, I'll end up shooting myself in the foot by saying this; But i'm confident of promotion to Polish Div I now. Playing the 4th placed team, who I usually beat comprehensively ( 40+ points, on wnwim ) and i've also beaten the the team i'm likely to play in the final, by a decent margin.

So, barring a big upset, I'll be in Polish Div I come the weekend!

POLAND!?

GTFO :cool:

Advertisement