Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Im playing JohnnyJumpup in todays playoff, but I have already secured a WNWIM agreement with him so I can save my energy for obtaining 3rd place this season.

I wasn't realistically going to be able to beat him either way, but now I know I can save my firsts for Saturdays 3rd/4th place playoff against with Braybarians, or Woodlawn RFC, both of whom I have beaten before, and if all goes to plan I should have significant energy levels on the both of those 2 teams...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    POLAND!?

GTFO :cool:

Hey, Poland is cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Looks like my opponent decided not to ltnt so my earlier worry should prove groundless. He may be going wnwim as I have well over 10* advantage. Curious he is still playing his stronger players.

Anyone care to do some maths for me?

If a teams last login was 31st Jan, when are they likely to go bot?

8 weeks would make it 27th March.

• Advertisement

Dayum. I thought it was 6 weeks and was wondering had I done it wrong!

Thanks anyway.

After 6 weeks your account is suspended, you get another 2 to contact them to unlock your account before the team is reset. At least I think thats it.

Annoyed I wasted a ltnt with them throwing the game witn a wnwim.

Should still win the final despite energy not being the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Lost my playoff today by 3 points after extra time :( , should not have played aggressively for it gave away 20 penos :eek:

Into the final vs the 3rd placed team, scored 100 against him and conceded less than 10 in both games. Will be fielding full XV at LTNT, so I'm pretty confident!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My biggest achievement this season, Puggy Field has made it into the top 20 stadiums list.

//stupid question// Is there actually a list of stadium sizes for various clubs??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Go into Global lobby and on left hand side there is a list of things including the U20 and Senior squads. Click on stadiums and it gives a list of the Top 20 biggest stadiums in that country.

Have an 11 star advantage for the final with 2.5 and stars in the scrum and line-out resectively.

Should be comfortable. The only question remaining would be will I have high enough ranking points to be above the auto-promote line. I'm currently in the spot above it with about 0.5 points between me and the next team.

Hopefully I'm not in for a shock upset!

Won the final 56-0. Delighted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

ohh close 3rd place play off for me, just scored a try to put me 1 point in front with 4 mins to go

* just scored another one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

still struggling to understand how the promotion works :P :confused:
    i came first in the league but lost the playoff final, am i promoted?
    i checked and im under the autopromote line but i thought because i lost the final i dont get promoted.
    any help appreciated :P very confused

TheGunns wrote: »
    still struggling to understand how the promotion works :P :confused:
    i came first in the league but lost the playoff final, am i promoted?
    i checked and im under the autopromote line but i thought because i lost the final i dont get promoted.
    any help appreciated :P very confused

The promotion table will update shortly (Div III one just did)

It doesn't update teams between the group stage and the final.

Unfortunately you don't get promoted. :(

If you lost the playoffs you don't get promoted regardless of league positioning. You officially won the league, but will take the second place trophy.

Assuming no further promotion table updates, Div II here I come!:cool:

• Advertisement

Actually looking at the Div III promotion table 6/16 of the leagues were won by teams in the boards league!:eek:

If teams win their qualifiers we will dominate the 2nd division!:pac:

Good work folks!

My little brother pulled this lad earlier.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11524003

Just under 30k csr straight from the acadamy.

Decent stats, but i'm guessung his aggression will let him down?

Attack 12
    Handeling 11
    Speed 10

Everything else between 6-9.

Now, the brother has about 7 mil in his a/c. He's trying to build up to launch an 'attack'.. yea, he's 12.

Should he just sell him, cos i doubt he has an interest in training him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

mar-z wrote: »
    The promotion table will update shortly (Div III one just did)

It doesn't update teams between the group stage and the final.

Unfortunately you don't get promoted. :(

thanks. Unfortunately misjudged the last few games and it has cost me dearly. played way too aggressively and it was an insane penalty count that gave it away. i suppose itll give me more time to prepare for div III as last time i was there i had my ass handed to me and my squad hasnt improved much since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

so won my league for 2nd year in a row, and 2nd year i get put in playoffs coz of the stupid seeding system :mad:..not gonna be promoted..playing scorched earth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

3rd place trophy again, and Mauling Bear are STILL in my league, so that's looking like yet another two seasons playing Div III ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

3rd place trophy again, and Mauling Bear are STILL in my league, so that's looking like yet another two seasons playing Div III ball.

I can't believe I beat the bears, will certainly miss the banter in our league

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Scrummage wrote: »
    I can't believe I beat the bears, will certainly miss the banter in our league

Ah sure it won't be the same with you promoting, Clampett moving to Canada for god knows why...

Oh my. Might have to sacrifice a cup run and focus on a credible league attempt, just to shake things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ah sure it won't be the same with you promoting, Clampett moving to Canada for god knows why...

Oh my. Might have to sacrifice a cup run and focus on a credible league attempt, just to shake things up.

Don'y lie, you have been focusing on the league....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Finished a creditable third again this season. Actually finished with the same number of points (38) as last season.

Are the new leagues put up after the playoffs or do we have to wait till next week? I forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

corny wrote: »
    Finished a creditable third again this season. Actually finished with the same number of points (38) as last season.

Are the new leagues put up after the playoffs or do we have to wait till next week? I forget.
    You might see your new league up on the site Sunday night but no fixtures till monday iirc

Advertisement