Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid Rising: PLATINUM GAMES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

looks absolutely mental :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Ah feck already down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ok i believe ...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Watch it before it's down again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm gonna wait til the VGAs to watch it, but i'm not entirely keen about Platinum Games heading up a MGS game.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna wait til the VGAs to watch it, but i'm not entirely keen about Platinum Games heading up a MGS game.

Kojima's still involved with the story but the game's a spinoff. Metal Gear Solid 2 is where the story should have ended, MGS4 was a giant retcon full of fan service and no real stealth so I'm grand with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why? platinum has been knockin it out of the park with their releases, Bayonetta and Vanquish were brilliant.

Kojima's still involved with the story but the game's a spinoff. Metal Gear Solid 2 is where the story should have ended, MGS4 was a giant retcon full of fan service and no real stealth so I'm grand with this.
    krudler wrote: »
    why? platinum has been knockin it out of the park with their releases, Bayonetta and Vanquish were brilliant.

Was assuming they had full control. Kojima's involvement alleviates my concerns somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no Snake?

Skerries wrote: »
    no Snake?

Snake can barely get out of bed in the morning without snapping his hip, I doubt he'd do very well in this scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game has been in development way too long.

But Platinum? Interest reignited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Looks pretty cool. Is it a PS3 exclusive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Looks pretty cool. Is it a PS3 exclusive?

No multiplat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Looks like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta button bashing was not a fan of either games which is disappointing as I was looking forward to Rising

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks good in a Bayonetta way, looks ****e in an MGS way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Platinum games, done it again, it looks fantastic.

Cringeworthy.

justryan wrote: »
    Looks like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta button bashing was not a fan of either games which is disappointing as I was looking forward to Rising

It's a good thing buttonmashing never got you very far in Bayonetta, it's probably why you didn't enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

It's a good thing buttonmashing never got you very far in Bayonetta, it's probably why you didn't enjoy it.

That and I didn't really 'get it' which is suprising as I am very open minded when it comes to gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

looks like a cheesefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Platinum!

I am interested in MGS again.

thorbarry wrote: »
    looks like a cheesefest.

And?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't interested in this until I saw Platinum were involved. Looks like Bayonetta. I like it!

Raiden lifting a Ray and throwing it?

I knew MGS was over the top, but really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

So Kojima was at the VGA's.

I think there are two ways to look at this game...

1, its definitely looks sh*t compared to regular mgs games.
    But 2, if you take it as a stand alone spin off game? .. maybe it'll be a good game.

I dunno, my initial reaction was looks terrible tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All I know is that it looks a damn sight better than MGS4. I think the Rising project turned into a disaster and it was handed over to Platinum, which gets a thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

easily the most unintentionally hilarious trailer i think ive ever seen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So much wrong in one sentence :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raiden lifting a Ray and throwing it?

I knew MGS was over the top, but really?

Yeah, that made me think ''Come on now...''.

Advertisement