Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid Rising: PLATINUM GAMES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I started laughing out loud when I saw all the soldiers are now cyborgs.

I started guffawing when Raiden blocked a strike from a Colossus-sized mecha.

I bust a gut when he PICKED UP THE MECH, THREW IT IN THE AIR, RAN UP ITS ARM AND SLICED IT IN HALF.

What I'm saying is: GIMME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Complete bull**** quinton flynn aint doing the voice acting for raiden ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Complete bull**** quinton flynn aint doing the voice acting for raiden ffs :mad:

Really? Hate incontinuities like that in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yes he is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1602611/ thats him talking in the trailer no?

krudler wrote: »
    yes he is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1602611/ thats him talking in the trailer no?

Hmm...but the trailer doesnt sound like him and i was going by the last news bout him not being in rising or now revengence was back in may so i was going by that
    .probably is him so ..hope it is at least :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah but if you don't like those type of games its a dissapointing move. I liked the tradational MGS gameplay which is unquie. Its not like we are swimming in MGS style gameplay clones.

Also comparing the mechanics/depth of Bayonetta to Street Figther is LOL!

I believe it was never meant to be a MGS style game. I can get why people don't like Devil may cry style games and would be turned off Rising because of it but it was obvious it was going to be an action game even before platinum got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MGS4 spoiler:
    If at the end of MGS4, Raiden was a normal human again... then how the ****.....
    I think the whole talk of revenge in the trailer probably refers to Raiden's wife and son being killed, leading to him taking up the sword again... maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well...at least they aren't trying to pretend its going to be a "serious" game.

Not the type of thing I'd be interested in personally I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Otacon wrote: »
    MGS4 spoiler:
    If at the end of MGS4, Raiden was a normal human again... then how the ****.....
    I think the whole talk of revenge in the trailer probably refers to Raiden's wife and son being killed, leading to him taking up the sword again... maybe

Doesn't this take place before MGS4?

justryan wrote: »
    Doesn't this take place before MGS4?

Twas my understanding although no real info released.

EDIT: Scratch that - it does take place after MGS4 going by media releases with the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So this has been changed from Raidens story from between MGS2 and MGS4 to a post MGS4 story...

MGS4 spoiler:
    Raiden wasn't human again. He was just given a new cyborg body which looked human

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

megaten wrote:
    I believe it was never meant to be a MGS style game. I can get why people don't like Devil may cry style games and would be turned off Rising because of it but it was obvious it was going to be an action game even before platinum got involved.

That wasn't the impression I got. I thought it was Metal Gear with the emphasis on swords rather than guns.

Kojima was quoted in the last day or so as saying that the old build of Metal Gear Rising “was very Metal Gear” and featured complex controls. Kojima also acknowledged that the title’s colors/tone are no longer like Metal Gear.

As I said I'm not a fan of this change of direction. Nothing was wrong with the gameplay of previous MGS games (maybe the lack of gameplay in 4 :P).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think that Rising is an indication of what MGS will turn into in the future. I'm pretty sure that Rising will be seen as a 'gaiden' like Ghost Babel was on the Gameboy and not canon. MGS5 will be back to Metal Gear, just hopefully with more than 2 hours of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I would have thought that after the release of the first trailer and the accompanying tagline change from "Tactical Espionage Action" to "Lightning Bolt Action" that people would have realised that this would be a completely different type of game than the traditional MGS one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gizmo wrote: »
    I would have thought that after the release of the first trailer and the accompanying tagline change from "Tactical Espionage Action" to "Lightning Bolt Action" that people would have realised that this would be a completely different type of game than the traditional MGS one?

While I do not echo this feeling, I can understand that people probably assumed this would be Kojima's version of a different type of action game.

At the moment, it looks like Bayoneta in an MGS skin, which is all well and good for fans of Bayonetta, but not for some MGS fans.

Hopefully, a more hands-off approach from Kojima means he will have time for a new ZOE game. /me continues to dream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

While I never liked Devil May Cry, I'm holding out hope for this. It's not MGS anyway, it's MGR.

And sure Kojima expressed there may be a MGS5

Conor108 wrote: »
    While I never liked Devil May Cry, I'm holding out hope for this. It's not MGS anyway, it's MGR.

And sure Kojima expressed there may be a MGS5
    He's now promised one. :)

Sidenote for MGS fans though, do people really want another entry in the series? Honestly? I mean, hasn't it run its course by now and shouldn't it be time for Kojima and co to move on to other projects?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sidenote for MGS fans though, do people really want another entry in the series? Honestly? I mean, hasn't it run its course by now and shouldn't it be time for Kojima and co to move on to other projects?

No

He's now promised one. :)

You played Peace Walker?

noodler wrote: »
    You played Peace Walker?
    Nope, I've actually only played the original MGS (one of my favourite games ever as it happens), the others are still lying on the shelf. I'm primarily asking the question based on what I've seen some people around here say about the series, specifically after MGS4, as well as Kojima himself expressing a desire to leave the series alone following the last entry.

• Advertisement

Nope, I've actually only played the original MGS (one of my favourite games ever as it happens), the others are still lying on the shelf. I'm primarily asking the question based on what I've seen some people around here say about the series, specifically after MGS4, as well as Kojima himself expressing a desire to leave the series alone following the last entry.

Well I think Kojima is on record saying Solid's Snake future story has ended.

But, going from where PW left off, theres still scope for Big Boss' storyline to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Really interesting article on MGS2: http://www.1up.com/features/metal-gear-solid-2-gamings-greatest-con-job
    Nope, I've actually only played the original MGS (one of my favourite games ever as it happens), the others are still lying on the shelf.

Take Snake Eater off that shelf and play it!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Really interesting article on MGS2: http://www.1up.com/features/metal-gear-solid-2-gamings-greatest-con-job

Take Snake Eater off that shelf and play it!
    SoL is first I'm afraid. I had actually intended playing them ages ago and had picked up the PS2 copies for my 60GB PS3. Of course then the HD remaster rumours started and here I am, 2 years later and still waiting to play them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

SoL is first I'm afraid.

Good good. People moan about MGS2, but I like it (despite the madness).

Interesting (if somewhat abrasive) article on the game so far.

Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's right though. Well except about the DMC reboot which looks like it will suck donkey dick.

The Kojima produced game was canned most likely because it was a bit ****. What we are getting is another platinum action and I for one think that there can't be enough Platinum games, a studio that hasn't made a game yet that was less than stellar. Some people on the internet are just morons.

Why should they end ? If you are bored of them dont play them anymore :pac:
    Like saying to nintendo fans do they want another mario title or zelda game, keep the classics going , if anything call of duty , assassin creed have over stayed their welcome and should be put on hold for awhile

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    He's right though. Well except about the DMC reboot which looks like it will suck donkey dick.

The Kojima produced game was canned most likely because it was a bit ****. What we are getting is another platinum action and I for one think that there can't be enough Platinum games, a studio that hasn't made a game yet that was less than stellar. Some people on the internet are just morons.

I normally would never have a problem with a platnium game but im annoyed as a metal gear fan if the trailer is the gameplay ,

I normally would never have a problem with a platnium game but im annoyed as a metal gear fan if the trailer is the gameplay ,

Why if it's a good game?? It's not like MGS is going to be a Bayonetta clone from now on? There's room for a both types of game. It's being made by Platinum who have so far not disappointed in terms of gameplay systems yet.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why if it's a good game?? It's not like MGS is going to be a Bayonetta clone from now on? There's room for a both types of game. It's being made by Platinum who have so far not disappointed in terms of gameplay systems yet.

Its like giving sonic a sword , doesnt work metal gear game should be played like metal gear , i understand its a spin off Still gets on my tits :cool:

Advertisement