Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid Rising: PLATINUM GAMES

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Why should they end ? If you are bored of them dont play them anymore :pac:
    As I said above, I've only played MGS so I'm asking from the perspective of someone looking in from the outside, trying to gauge peoples reactions, while seeing the creator of the series try to move on.
    Like saying to nintendo fans do they want another mario title or zelda game, keep the classics going , if anything call of duty , assassin creed have over stayed their welcome and should be put on hold for awhile
    With regard to the Nintendo games, when we finally see a Zelda game without the involvement of the likes of Aonuma or Miyamoto I think we'll see some people wonder should the series end. On the other hand, those titles by their very nature can't really be compared to MGS as they are individual games with no overarching plot and feature mechanics which don't really suffer from overuse due to their inherit simplicity.
    I normally would never have a problem with a platnium game but im annoyed as a metal gear fan if the trailer is the gameplay ,
    But why? It's a different character, acting as he has appeared to in the previous games and in a familiar setting. MGS5 has also been confirmed so you're not losing out there either. :confused:
    Its like giving sonic a sword , doesnt work metal gear game should be played like metal gear , i understand its a spin off Still gets on my tits :cool:
    It's not like giving Sonic a sword because Rising will feature a totally different character doing, as I said above, what he has done in the previous games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its like giving sonic a sword , doesnt work metal gear game should be played like metal gear , i understand its a spin off Still gets on my tits :cool:

Strange considering everyone was dying to play as the cyborg when MGS was released and went bananas at the prospect of playing him in the expansion dick. Also there's the final act of MGS2 which was full on katana combat.

It's the equivalen of saying Mario and chums have no right or reason to be driving go-karts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sorry , didnt read your previous comments my bad , i understand now what your coming from now ;)

And to answer your other question Im still gonna pick it up for sure , its just does not seem right this way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

If MGS5 even comes close to the awesomeness of Snake Eater or MGS1 then my faith will be restored.

I don't see that happening.

What are we talking about? Oh yes, some Bayonetta rip off featuring another **** character, Raiden. **** Raiden and **** you Hideo Kojima.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If MGS5 even comes close to the awesomeness of Snake Eater or MGS1 then my faith will be restored.

I don't see that happening.

What are we talking about? Oh yes, some Bayonetta rip off featuring another **** character, Raiden. **** Raiden and **** you Hideo Kojima.
    It's not a ripoff if it's the same developer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Once again, people seem to be missing the point that this is a spin-off, even though it has been mentioned several thousand times in this thread already :pac: If you don't want to play, perfect! But please let us Platinum fans (some of whom happen to be Metal Gear fans too) have our nerdgasm. Just look at that slicing action FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Once again, people seem to be missing the point that this is a spin-off, even though it has been mentioned several thousand times in this thread already :pac: If you don't want to play, perfect! But please let us Platinum fans (some of whom happen to be Metal Gear fans too) have our nerdgasm. Just look at that slicing action FFS!

Exactly. Nobody is forcing you to play it. It is not MGS5. I seriously do not understand the outrage.

Even from the perspective of someone who has, as I said above, only played MGS1, this Opinion piece from IGN seems to have completely missed the point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gizmo wrote: »
    Even from the perspective of someone who has, as I said above, only played MGS1, this Opinion piece from IGN seems to have completely missed the point.

It is IGN - basically the Nuts and Zoo of games journalism :pac:

I stopped reading when the author claimed Rising was too cartoonish and removed from reality. There's naturally some sort of truth in that statement, but when he holds MGS as a series up as a great purveyor of realism it pretty much falls apart. Anyone else remember that Metal Gear Ape Escape extra :pac:

• Advertisement

It is IGN - basically the Nuts and Zoo of games journalism :pac:

I stopped reading when the author claimed Rising was too cartoonish and removed from reality. There's naturally some sort of truth in that statement, but when he holds MGS as a series up as a great purveyor of realism it pretty much falls apart. Anyone else remember that Metal Gear Ape Escape extra :pac:
    Oh aye, I was just more surprised that someone who is clearly so blindly biased in favour of a series could also simultaneously miss the point of it. Quite baffling really.

MGS realistic? Wasn't Raiden that stopped the massive 500 tonne submarine thing in MGS4 by holding it back?

That scene was as great as it was realistic.

Advertisement