Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64bit PCI --> 32Bit PCI

Options
  • 10-12-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

I have a question about using 64bit PCI cards in a standard 32bit PCI slot.
    I have built a machine using an Intel DH67CL motherboard, the aim is to install 3 x PCI cards (quad NIC's).

I've taken the time to research the cards and they are known to work well for this.
    The issue I have is that the Intel motherboard simply refuses to boot when I have the cards installed.

I've removed all cards and tried each card individually in each PCI slot and I still get the same results.

I'm using a 500W power supply.
    After some googling it looks like I'm not the only one that faced this issue (people have the same issue with different 64bit PCI cards).

I'm not so excellent with hardware but I'm wondering is there something that I should be changing in the BIOS or something? Unlikely I guess but I just want to check before I get a different (non-intel) board.

Thanks

Advertisement