Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day Lunch around Limerick??

• 10-12-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭

Anyone know of a hotel or restaurant doing Christmas Day lunch around Limerick City? I know West County Hotel in Ennis does it but looking for somewhere in or around the city. Any information appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Strand Hotel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

You will need to book the strand in advance. It may be too late already, give them a buzz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

The George and the Radisson are doing it. I think Punches hotel might be too. Think I saw a sign on the door but I could be mistaken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Strand does 2 sittings. There's limited capacity and I imagine you've missed the boat for booking anywhere at this late stage. Can't for the life of me think why anyone wouldn't want to spend the day at home, but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

So you are correct, Strand is booked out, waiting for a reply from Greenhills,
    put my name down for George Boutique (€79pp), West County in Ennis is available at 59pp but do not really want to go out there.

As to why someone should prefer to stay at home?, it all depends on ones personal circumstances. I won't go into it now but believe me it suits our personal circumstances a lot better to go out than to stay at home and judging by the amount of people in the West County last year and the fact that early bookings are required elsewhere, it suits a lot of others also!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Dermo123 wrote: »
    So you are correct, Strand is booked out, waiting for a reply from Greenhills,
    put my name down for George Boutique (€79pp), West County in Ennis is available at 59pp but do not really want to go out there.

As to why someone should prefer to stay at home?, it all depends on ones personal circumstances. I won't go into it now but believe me it suits our personal circumstances a lot better to go out than to stay at home and judging by the amount of people in the West County last year and the fact that early bookings are required elsewhere, it suits a lot of others also!!!!

Woodstock in Ennis are also doing Christmas lunch, just in case you dont have any luck with somewhere in Limerick and want somewhere different to the West County. Was in the West County myself last year, first time having it not at home, couldnt get over how busy it was! As you said everyones circumstances are different, in my case family politics, so we removed ourselves frrom said politics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Lots of people work over Christmas aswell and simply don't have the time to be preparing food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Strand Hotel?

It's been booked out since Oct....I was so disappointed we missed out.
    Going to the Radisson instead so fingers crossed it will be good.

I know The Absolute are doing lunch and possibly the George and think that's about it for in and around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ninty9er wrote: »
    The Strand does 2 sittings. There's limited capacity and I imagine you've missed the boat for booking anywhere at this late stage. Can't for the life of me think why anyone wouldn't want to spend the day at home, but each to their own.

Perhaps not everyone is in the fortunate position to be able to stay at home for Christmas and due to whatever circumstances, this is their only option to enjoy a Christmas meal.

I think the Oakwood Arms in Shannon does it as well, if you don't fancy the spin to Ennis

• Advertisement

And I think the Clare Inn does it too.
    Just remembering all the places I called last year that did the lunch

Advertisement