Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Regrettably, ive since discovered that a house along the street from my own was broken into around the time i spotted the men and car i described, on Sunday afternoon.

My neighbour had the Guards around this morning and tonight i rang the member that took their report and described the car and men just as i did above, which he told me was useful. Apparently that car is operating in concert with another, a 01 Mercedes Coupe, they two cars run spotter for each other. According to the Guard i spoke to in Blanch it is indeed a well known traveller gang committing a spate of burglaries. If anyone wishes to confirm that, ill happily pm the Guards name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Collectors in castleknock area for thormond house,thats a Limerick charity, can't imagine it's a legit one.

3 teenage travellers on push bikes surveying Stockton area, one of the push bikes has a petrol engine attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

There is a teenager collecting for Melodeon Youth club -something to do with a Zambian project. He is operating in the Laurel Lodge area this evening(Thursday). He told a number of lies on my doorstep. Seems suspect.
    From an Internet search it looks like a group which operated in Lucan in July 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Traveller van going around laurel lodge area. Only suspicious as sister could heard loud snapping sounds outside front of house, for almost 5 mins. When she eventually went to investigate it, the lad out the front claimed he was having trouble getting his leaflet through the letter box. Ridiculous. Got the impression he was having a look through, testing the door too.

There's two of them and a branded van so I assume they do some legitimate garden business too

• Advertisement

Is it illegal to cut down trees on a public green?

Conal tree services cutting trees since early this morning on pecks lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

horse7 wrote: »
    Is it illegal to cut down trees on a public green?

It's only illegal if they haven't been contracted to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Conal tree services cutting trees since early this morning on pecks lane.

Earlier in the week they were pruning trees on Pecks Lane that were interfering with the power lines. Presume if they're on one of the greens too that someone (Fingal Co Co or ESB?) has brought them in.

No power lines.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    It's only illegal if they haven't been contracted to do it.

Thats not so.I t doesn't make something legal because you pay someone to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

donaghs wrote: »
    Traveller van going around laurel lodge area. Only suspicious as sister could heard loud snapping sounds outside front of house, for almost 5 mins. When she eventually went to investigate it, the lad out the front claimed he was having trouble getting his leaflet through the letter box. Ridiculous. Got the impression he was having a look through, testing the door too.

There's two of them and a branded van so I assume they do some legitimate garden business too

Call local cop shop and give reg and van details I have many times.

Thats not so.I t doesn't make something legal because you pay someone to do something.

Presumably the council maintain the road around that area and have contracted these guys to remove the trees, maybe because they are diseased or impeding view, or their roots are affecting the pathway or similar.

There hardly going to do council work on a bank holiday week end.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Why don't you go and ask them?

They've obviously been hired by someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Are they taking up or blocking any part of the road? If so, they might have been a requirement to do it on a weekend when traffic should in theory be less than a work/school day.

And you know this how? There's currently a group of lads working on a council house to get it ready for the next person moving in. It's Saturday FGS, not Christmas Day.

Are they taking up or blocking any part of the road? If so, they might have been a requirement to do it on a weekend when traffic should in theory be less than a work/school day.

No

January wrote: »
    And you know this how? There's currently a group of lads working on a council house to get it ready for the next person moving in. It's Saturday FGS, not Christmas Day.

No need for sarcasm.

Either way is this really a Neighbourhood Watch issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Either way is this really a Neighbourhood Watch issue?

So basically there's a few lads cutting a few trees on a Saturday? Call the feds.

So basically there's a few lads cutting a few trees on a Saturday? Call the feds.

Well, to be fair, if they're cutting down trees they shouldn't be then it is an issue for someone. Unless they're doing it to gain access to someone's back garden or stealing the trees off private property it's not really a Neighbourhood Watch issue.

For what it's worth, OP, there's a site called "fix my street", I think, that Fingal Co Co. Use to monitor things like graffiti, grass verges, trees etc. You could have a look on there and see if anyone else has reported it or leave a report yourself.

No need for sarcasm.

Wasn't sarcasm...

For what it's worth, OP, there's a site called "fix my street", I think, that Fingal Co Co. Use to monitor things like graffiti, grass verges, trees etc. You could have a look on there and see if anyone else has reported it or leave a report yourself.

Thank you Elmo,have sent them a mail PS more mods on here than anyone,enjoy ur weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

The lovely cottage down by the canal between 12th lock and Ashtown was wrecked over the weekend. I only hope they were caught on the many CCTV cameras in the area. This cottage has been empty for at least a year and a small fortune was spent upgrading it recently including cameras and new windows/doors.

I often wonder if anyone is watching those cameras down by the canal on the new cycle path?.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

Our old friends the traveler kids collecting for a fictitious charity are doing the rounds the same 4, 1 girl 3 boys, didn't spot the mother in the car but no doubt not far away.

Collecting for something in Leitrim around Ashtown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

septictank wrote: »
    Our old friends the traveler kids collecting for a fictitious charity are doing the rounds the same 4, 1 girl 3 boys, didn't spot the mother in the car but no doubt not far away.

Careful now, how do you know they belonged to said community, did you ask for their addresses? Interview them about their heritage? This is Boards.ie, just because something walks like a duck and quacks like a duck doesn't mean you can go around calling them a duck.

septictank wrote: »

Thanks for the tip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

Careful now, how do you know they belonged to said community, did you ask for their addresses? Interview them about their heritage? This is Boards.ie, just because something walks like a duck and quacks like a duck doesn't mean you can go around calling them a duck.

Sorry about that.

Our old friends the ducks collecting ...............................

Advertisement