Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

There was an incident in Porters Gate over the weekend and today the house has been tapped off by the Garda,

Not sure what happened but ambulance and fire engine attended, must have had a bad outcome if it's now covered with Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Last week 2 brown skinned (similar to Indian/Pakistani/Arab) men attempted to kidnap a woman under the Mulhuddart bridge.

Details:
    A woman with her child was walking under this bridge.
    Men stopped the car and asked her for directions. When the women turned around to show them where the point of interest was, the men attempted to drag her into the car.
    Woman screamed asking her child to run away and managed to escape herself.

Case is with Gardai.

Time of Day: 18:00!

Under the bridge between Hunstown and Mulhuddart:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4018133,-6.3998373,17.5z?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

Any make, colour of the car?

My wife spotted a car following beside a girl on our road, told me to have a look, so ran out the front and down the road a bit, got to see the back and side of the guy and would fit the same description.

It was a black ford focus didn't get the reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've said it before on topics like this, but I'd be surprised if that actually happened.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've said it before on topics like this, but I'd be surprised if that actually happened.

The woman is a friend of a woman who we know very well so yeah it actually happened.
    I will get the make / colour and size of the car and post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Don't South Americans too have the same looks?

peaceboi wrote: »
    Don't South Americans too have the same looks?

Dont troll man. This is the 1st and only answer I will give to queries like that.
    I am giving max details so that the women are careful.
    Maybe ask me about the blood type next. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So was it 2 men or 4 men, because the version going around Facebook had 4 men, and there was no child with her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK if you've a problem with a post answer it properly without name calling or simply report it and let the mods decide whether it's trolling or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@shiranui, I dont have any reason not to believe that you are making a genuine report, but would you have any links to reports of that alleged crime by any chance? That sort of thing tends to make the newspapers fairly rapidly so if it was a week ago maybe there's something out there? Nothing shows up in google anyway.
    We hear lots of reports of such alleged abduction attempts circulating regularly and to be honest most of them didn't happen, or were something else that was blown out of proportion through chinese whisper type re-telling of the tale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So 2 to 4 men, in broad daylight, on a very busy road, fordeners of some sort, may or may not have tried to kidnap a lady, who may or may not have had a kid with her, according to Facebook and a friend of a friend.

99.99% Pretty much 100% of these things never actually happened, or happened in the way the Chinese whispers develop on social media.

Gaspode wrote: »
    @shiranui, I dont have any reason not to believe that you are making a genuine report, but would you have any links to reports of that alleged crime by any chance? That sort of thing tends to make the newspapers fairly rapidly so if it was a week ago maybe there's something out there? Nothing shows up in google anyway.
    We hear lots of reports of such alleged abduction attempts circulating regularly and to be honest most of them didn't happen, or were something else that was blown out of proportion through chinese whisper type re-telling of the tale.

Hi Gaspode,
    I do not think press was is on it. Woman is a friend of a close friend.

This happened - 2 men, dark blue sedan. 1 woman with child, this Monday 20th of June ~18:00 IST.
    The woman run to seek shelter in SPAR Mulhuddart, near the bridge.
    Gardai were notified.
    Any non believers should go to SPAR in question and/or Gardai to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Funny so... the original facebook post was posted on the 19th of June.
    Today at 6.30 pm at Blakestown road near the bridge under the N3 in Mulhuddart there was an attempt made to kidnap a young woman. 4 men (discrabied to be Indians or Pakistani) in a dark blue car pull overed to ask for a direction. When woman came to the car they tried to drag her in. Fortunately she escaped. Garda is patrolling the area. Please stay conscious and share on your time line.

LikeShow More ReactionsCommentShare

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Shiranui wrote: »
    Hi Gaspode,
    I do not think press was is on it. Woman is a friend of a close friend.

This happened - 2 men, dark blue sedan. 1 woman with child, this Monday 20th of June ~18:00 IST.
    The woman run to seek shelter in SPAR Mulhuddart, near the bridge.
    Gardai were notified.
    Any non believers should go to SPAR in question and/or Gardai to confirm.

I jut rang blanch garda station and they don't seem to have heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gardai won't tell over the phone.

It is bad when such stories are fabricated and the likes but it is also still possible.

Sometimes I think some people are so far gone into their own little world nothing bad ever happens in Ireland.

Years ago when my siblings and I were very young we were stopped by two 20 something year olds and they wouldn't let us go to our house.

Smallest sister ran home but couldn't reach bell but kept screaming and my father heard eventually he ran down grabbed the 2 idiots and brought them back to the house to wait for guards to come 2 hours and no show.

Now garda station was a 10 minute walk away.

Some stories are true some are made up.

Hopefully if true and is investigated they will get CCTV footage.

Abduction stories are mainly of the fictitious variety though. Either that or Ireland has the most incompetent abductors on the planet!

I genuinely hope it is fake but only as it would be a harsh ordeal for the victim to have gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wasn't looking for details just clarification if it was something we should be alert to. In my experience gardai will be quite forthcoming if something has happened that will cause alarm. A story like this is a massive issue for the safety of local women in Dublin 15, the fact that the gardai said they had not heard of it makes me think its either an exaggeration or a work of fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

What doesn't help is this ****ing stupid trend young adults are doing where a missing persons is issued they are just hiding out in their friends house, they should be locked up for it.

At this rate a genuine missing persons case will just be ignored by the masses making it much harder for their loved ones to get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is serious lads, someone will get badly hurt or worse. Had anyone heard about it before? Does anyone have any influence with the clubs who use the containers, about relocation them or obstructing them as a platform to climb on?

http://www.thejournal.ie/orla-skehill-clonee-rock-car-window-2872386-Jul2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This is serious lads, someone will get badly hurt or worse. Had anyone heard about it before? Does anyone have any influence with the clubs who use the containers, about relocation them or obstructing them as a platform to climb on?

Thanks for the warning. I will avoid that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Assume this is the Erin go Bragh playing fields at the back of Mary mother of hope NS?

Drive up that sliproad daily & have never seen anything but have seen broken glass on occasion, this explains it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Stone throwing has been going on for years all over Dublin. They could move the containers, outside of stone throwing range. I suspect they will then do it from the ground if its a secluded spot. Maybe they should cut back the trees then. Moving the containers would avoid them being blamed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I can't understand why they weren't moved a long time ago if this is a problem going back years. Surely the members of these clubs are local residents too? Is it simply that they aren't aware?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

A young lad who went to school with my brother was killed some years ago on the Navan road from this activity. Pretty sure he had only just gotten over cancer or some other life threatening condition at the time and he was killed by a scum bag messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My neighbours apartment in Waterville was broken into a few days ago. He is ground floor and they broke in through his front door, so had to gain access via the main door of the block first. There was tiny hole on the door frame just beside the lock but wrecked the actual lock itself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

anniehoo wrote: »
    My neighbours apartment in Waterville was broken into a few days ago. He is ground floor and they broke in through his front door, so had to gain access via the main door of the block first. There was tiny hole on the door frame just beside the lock but wrecked the actual lock itself. :(

Wow! Haven't heard of anything like that in Waterville, ever! Hope it was a one off!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

anniehoo wrote: »

Just had a think about what you said, never thought about that, it would weaken the lock alright but you would have to be bang on the right spot, a bit of thought put into this.

When was the breakin day or night as it would make a good bit of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

athtrasna wrote: »
    Wow! Haven't heard of anything like that in Waterville, ever! Hope it was a one off!

It's the second time, the first was at the back, which is also effort as both ends of the block are secured by gates and a high wall. I'm convinced people know when he's away (he travels a lot).
    septictank wrote: »

When was the breakin day or night as it would make a good bit of noise.

I'm not sure, I would've heard if it was at night so must of been daytime.

Sounds to me like someone living in that block has done this. Who else would have a better knowledge of the lock positions & weaknesses as well as the movements of this neighbour. They also would not be out of place if seen walking around, maybe carrying tools etc. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I saw on Facebook that a number of businesses in Ongar Village were vandalised in the early hours of yesterday morning. Pizza Project, Rendezvous cafe, Swords Garden and Host Chinese takeaways and Dunnes apparently all were damaged including smashed windows etc.

Very saddened and angry to hear that, especially for those business owners who are struggling to create a business, employ people and contribute to the local community. I cannot begin to comprehend the mindset of the scumbags who do this sort of thing

- I'm not sure if they were even looking for opportunities to steal or just cause outright vandalism. I hope to God they are caught and get proper justice.

Advertisement