Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thats just depressing frankly. There really are some top class tulips in our community. Ongar has enough to contend with. I wonder is the CCTV coverage any good around the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thats just depressing frankly. There really are some top class tulips in our community. Ongar has enough to contend with. I wonder is the CCTV coverage any good around the village?

Agree. I drive to the village in Ongar as its handy for me (kids go to St. Benedicts NS) & see it as a great asset to the area in general, & not just for the immediare surrounding Ongar residents either, never understand the desire of some folk to vandalise & ruin things for others... hopefully the damage isnt too bad, though sadly the chances of ever finding who did it & them actually being punished are nigh on zero I'd suspect.

Shame so many great people in the area have to share with the few dregs doing their best to ruin it for everyone.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Ongar has public CCTV coverage in every corner of the commercial area.

Mainly parking is a disgrace,with cars even parked in all sides of the main roundabout,not mentioning Dunnes entrance.
    If is a will to view and follow from the CCTV feeds...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Where is Ongar village as regards taking-in-charge by Fingal CoCo, is it progressing as an issue? Its the only thing that will address some of this stuff like street maintenance, parking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NoBigDeal

D15/Ongar/Clonee resident here.

Coming back through the village this evening (~20:30) I was greeted with an example of shockingly poor parenting.

Those of you who know the town will know the area Im referring to. Its the archway just a bit down from cuculainns pub, a few meters from the offlicence. (not dunnes side)

On turning into the area under the arch (thank christ not driving) I was greeted by two twin girls who couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 max. And their very young playful puppies.

All four of them waddle-running around the middle of the road of this blind turn. Not a single care in the world, being barely able to speak or comprehend accidents. Completely unsupervised by their loving caring parents.

Having no ""English"" I managed to direct them homeward with the word 'momma' hoping as I went on that some of the other kids they went towards might ensure their safety in the complete and utter absence of any responsible parent.

Pretty angry here I have to say.
    Now Im sure Ill hear the 'cant watch them all the time' etc 'hard being a parent' placations.

Words will count for nothing when theres headlines and tears and talk of installing a speed bump and a children playing sign to prevent further tragedy.

Enjoy your evening, we got lucky today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

Royal canal walkway/cycleway between 12th local and Ashtown getting more and more unfriendly to use with increase in gangs of drunk youths hanging out and intimidating passers by. There is supposed to be CCTV along the whole thing to prevent this type of anti-social behaviour. It shouldn't take much to catch them....just a bit of interest...

Today (Mon) 6.30 PM for example. Same issue last Friday 7PM

I reported to gardai and would urge every user of the canal to do so..every time....if we don't the canal way will slowly become unusable by ordinary people who want to use this fantastic amenity.

It lost one jogger this evening anyway.. I won't be back till I can feel safe down there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Pity to hear that. It's a great resource. Not very well advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Some bloke absolutely hammering doors around Luttrel Park, >6ft tall balding red haired male. Testing the house alarm no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Some bloke absolutely hammering doors around Luttrel Park, >6ft tall balding red haired male. Testing the house alarm no doubt.

Had a 6ft bald bloke come on to a cul da sac in Corduff 3 times in the space of 2 hours during the week from 4am. He was driving a white renault traffic van with a black stripe half the lenght of the middle of the van.

He was checking doors, testing alarms & taking photos & sussing out houses. Dark jeans, white runners & a hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Knine wrote: »
    Had a 6ft bald bloke come on to a cul da sac in Corduff 3 times in the space of 2 hours during the week from 4am. He was driving a white renault traffic van with a black stripe half the lenght of the middle of the van.

He was checking doors, testing alarms & taking photos & sussing out houses. Dark jeans, white runners & a hoody.

This guy had dark jeans too, black top. He was +25 stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Please tell me you rang cops.

Please tell me you rang cops.

Cops have the camera footage. He was more of a well muscled guy then overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

4 little scumbags tried to break into my car last night at around 12.00am - I've been told several cars in the Brookhaven/Edgewood Lawn areas were also attempted to be broken into..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

4 little scumbags tried to break into my car last night at around 12.00am - I've been told several cars in the Brookhaven/Edgewood Lawn areas were also attempted to be broken into..

Ah sure they're just some bored teens from Corduff, sure they have nothing else to do in the area, it's all the government's fault for providing no facilities.

Ah sure they're just some bored teens from Corduff, sure they have nothing else to do in the area, it's all the government's fault for providing no facilities.

Or bored teens from Brookhaven/Edgewood lawns or from any area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Brookhaven/Edgewood Lawns is in Corduff...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Come on lads, keep the comments on topic and dont be trying to wind up the locals. Lets see if these lads are caught before deciding whereabouts they live.

January wrote: »
    Brookhaven/Edgewood Lawns is in Corduff...

It is beside Corduff but is not in Corduff iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Corduff parish
    Blanchardstown postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Jaysus it was just a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Topaz in hartstown all cordoned off this morning, does anyone have any idea what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

Ags on the grounds of mount sackville school pulling cars thursday, in the park Friday, something going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Can't understand this,please rewrite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Presumably Ags = An Garda Siochana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

septictank wrote: »
    Ags on the grounds of mount sackville school pulling cars thursday, in the park Friday, something going on.

It was customs in the park on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

athtrasna wrote: »
    It was customs in the park on Friday!

I believe so it was the wife that seen them, she said the Gards were with them.

They were on Blackhorse ave yesterday pulling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

septictank wrote: »
    I believe so it was the wife that seen them, she said the Gards were with them.

They were on Blackhorse ave yesterday pulling.

Customs were operating the checkpoint, the Garsai were parked across the road, presumably to give chase to anyone trying to evade the checkpoint. Still can't decide whether it was genius or cruel to do it at rush hour on a bus strike day when a lot of extra vehicles were on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

PucaMama wrote: »
    Topaz in hartstown all cordoned off this morning, does anyone have any idea what happened?

Trouble broke out in the hartstown pub I believe (behind Topaz).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

It was the topaz all cordoned off pub was fine and the guards cars were in the topaz car park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

It was the topaz all cordoned off pub was fine and the guards cars were in the topaz car park

Two people stabbed that night/morning outside the garage. Same night that the person was stabbed at the carnival beside the centre

Advertisement