Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

eviltwin wrote: »
    I was in blanch garda station a few years ago waiting to get a form stamped when someone did exactly that....came in with a young lad they had caught in their house. The garda on duty said by bringing the guy down to the station against his will they had basically kidnapped him. So you can't win. But 50 mins for something as serious as an assault and attempted carjacking...it doesn't give much hope of a response if something happens that we need assistance.

Laughable really, was he trying to get the scumbag to press charges against the homeowner.

My car got nicked last year and I was in the station for 90 minutes waiting for a form to be stamped while you can see them all in the back chatting and drinking tea everytime the door opened and they had the gall to tell us they were busy and someone would be out in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Shemale wrote: »
    I wonder if it was a 999 call or direct to the station, in my experience the Blanch station rarely if ever answer the phone and don't seem arsed when they do. If you need something done they try send you to another station...

In my personal experience 999 calls get a very poor response in Blanch. Everyone I know has a similar experience. I would not rely on getting a response from Blanch if I needed it.

One day the whole train line was delayed because of a disruptive passenger, hundreds if not thousands of people effected. Cops never came even after waiting an hour. At the same time, on my way into town I passed about 20 cops standing around a squatters eviction in town. Not doing anything. Not 10 mins from where the trains where stopped.

Other people I know in other parts of the city tell me they get a much better response from the cops in their area for 999 calls. I don't know what the issue is with Blanch. Its never been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

beauf wrote: »
    In my personal experience 999 calls get a very poor response in Blanch. Everyone I know has a similar experience. I would not rely on getting a response from Blanch if I needed it.

One day the whole train line was delayed because of a disruptive passenger, hundreds if not thousands of people effected. Cops never came even after waiting an hour. At the same time, on my way into town I passed about 20 cops standing around a squatters eviction in town. Not doing anything. Not 10 mins from where the trains where stopped.

Other people I know in other parts of the city tell me they get a much better response from the cops in their area for 999 calls. I don't know what the issue is with Blanch. Its never been good.

My wife's car was stolen from in front of our house around two years ago now, I'm still waiting on an officer from blanch to attend the scene.

No joking, car was gone when we woke up in the morning, so as it wasn't an emergency I rang the station to be told they will send someone around as soon as they can.

Six hours later still no sign, so I rang back and asked what's happening and could I get a pulse number so that the insurance company can start working in it. I was told that as it hasn't been reported as stolen yet so they can't give me one. When I asked how long more before someone would come to us I was told, and this is no joke "we have more things to be doing than looking for a stolen car"

After another couple of hours I had to go to the station myself to get the ball rolling, have them details of the car etc and was then told they would call around to speak to my wife and get more details. They still haven't called round.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think the experiences of poor service from AGS in Blanch might be something for another thread, lets keep it on topic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

eviltwin wrote: »
    I was in blanch garda station a few years ago waiting to get a form stamped when someone did exactly that....came in with a young lad they had caught in their house. The garda on duty said by bringing the guy down to the station against his will they had basically kidnapped him. So you can't win.
    Quick info on this situation - they performed a citizen's arrest and were transferring custody to the Garda as soon as possible - this is what is required. See Wikipedia on citizen's arrest in Ireland.

The law doesn't mention the 5 year part.

So, the Garda appears to have been wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Riverwood Glebe, BMW stolen off the drive on Sunday night. Got text from neighbourhood watch. Not sure how it was stolen, presumably entered to get the keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Break in tonight in Waterville. Unit right on the edge of the cluster, beside the road. 3 "young" guys chased off. Gardai arrived 3 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

2 men going around briarwood door to door but only some houses. Left when my dogs started at them. Did anyone answer them? They had a clipboard but not dressed like someone working.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Some sap stole my garden gate on Friday night! Mothers day gift perhaps?

The Castleknock Dale, Glade & Grove Residents Association posted about a break-in ruse (basically someone checks that house occupied before 3-4 guys exit a nearby car to smash way into house).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Veloce wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/0425/870159-car-damage/

Reported on RTE news now also, references to ISIS wrote on the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ah Dublin, my Dublin, the reason I never buy a good car.

Sorry to anyone who had their property damaged, its infuriating. You can bet whoever did it is about as far from ISIS as Richard Dawkins.

I got off the train at Coolmine at 15:10 today and 6 youths went straight to the bikes and tried to rob them. When unsuccessful they tried to kick in a bike locker.

It looked like their only reason for being on the train was to rob bikes at different stations.

It a few goes for Blanch Gardai to answer the phone.

I rang Irish Rail too and pinged them on twitter. They're happy to provide cctv if the Gardai request it. It would be great if they could track their original station - the local Gardai there may know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭robbie000

http://www.thejournal.ie/ongar-stabbing-teenager-3392334-May2017/

The young man was stabbed in a branch of Dominos Pizza in Ongar, near Blanchardstown, around 8pm last night.

He was removed to James Connolly Memorial Hospital with injuries described as non life-threatening.

Gardaí in Blanchardstown are investigating the incident and no arrests have been made. Anyone with any information can contact them on 666-7000.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

Just passing on a report that on Monday morning a lady was robbed of her purse and had her arm injured, by a "thug" (to put it mildly), while walking through Coolmine woods forming the short cut from Clonsilla Road to Grove Road (near Fire Station). Her Card was later used, Gardai are aware of and confirm that this is not an isolated case. Be Careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I know it's not Dublin 15 but not a million miles away..
    There was a carjacking in the Spar carpark in Dunboyne in the afternoon a few days back.
    An elderly lady was sitting in the passenger seat and was forced out of the car, the keys were in the ignition. The thief had a weapon.
    The car was recovered in Dunboyne Castle estate a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

robbie000 wrote: »

The young man was stabbed in a branch of Dominos Pizza in Ongar, near Blanchardstown, around 8pm last night.

He was removed to James Connolly Memorial Hospital with injuries described as non life-threatening.

Gardaí in Blanchardstown are investigating the incident and no arrests have been made. Anyone with any information can contact them on 666-7000.

Im not surprised and it's only a matter of time before somebody is stabbed/kicked to death in ongar.

It's turning into a geto, I pity the Chinese takeaway at the main carpak as I see them going out of business soon, the problem is every weekend there is about 40 to 50 kids/teenagers going wild right in front of the takeaway which is intimidating, there was a teenager riding a bike like he was trying to get a car claim with a balaclava on, in this heat!!
    Total scum.

Phil.x wrote: »
    robbie000 wrote: »

Im not surprised and it's only a matter of time before somebody is stabbed/kicked to death in ongar.

It's turning into a geto, I pity the Chinese takeaway at the main carpak as I see them going out of business soon, the problem is every weekend there is about 40 to 50 kids/teenagers going wild right in front of the takeaway which is intimidating, there was a teenager riding a bike like he was trying to get a car claim with a balaclava on, in this heat!!
    Total scum.

I've heard more about a certain gang of teenagers in ongar. Very rough crowd. Haven't been in ongar since I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Zero tolerance approach and proper power for gardai.

All we need is a person that can run for government and actually act upon what they say they will do.

Scum seem to get the best of defence provided by all of us tax paying fools.

• Advertisement

We are becoming a very corrupt and lawless country...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

Hi.

Does Ongar have a neighbourhood watch or residents association.

Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Father's motorbike stolen from the front garden of their house facing onto Hartstown Park on Friday night. It was locked, covered and blocked in by a car so the thinking is they had their eye on it, it wasn't just opportunistic. They would have had to lift it over the garden wall. Thankfully the bike was recovered on Saturday afternoon through the grapevine of Facebook :D No real damage done to it but something to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whatinthef

bike wheels stolen today from coolmine station. not the quick release type so must have been prepared. watch your bikes!

whatinthef wrote: »
    bike wheels stolen today from coolmine station. not the quick release type so must have been prepared. watch your bikes!
    That's a major pain. As the station is no longer manned the place is an easy target.
    The bike lockers might be an option for you in the future.
    And locking both wheels to the bike stand.

I always see bikes damaged there. I'm surprised anyone uses the racks. I've not used the lockers, as I use a folding bike. Well I used to until the trains got to packed there isn't room for breathing air on them these days. I must try the lockers myself.

Can I find out landlord details without having to ask tenants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PucaMama wrote: »

The Property Registration Authority (formerly known as the Land Registry) should have details of the owner of the house in question. I say should because it's not a legal requirement to register the ownership of your property so it might not be up to date but most entries are correct (and you can check the date of the registration so if it says 1979, I might not trust it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

PucaMama wrote: »

Not following why this post is in neighborhood watch forum.

Advertisement