Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

horse7 wrote: »
    PucaMama wrote: »
    Can I find out landlord details without having to ask tenants?

Not following why this post is in neighborhood watch forum.
    Clonsilla train station isn't "neighbourhood" either but we can talk about.

I clearly want to do something about the renters beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Clonsilla train station isn't "neighbourhood" either but we can talk about.

I clearly want to do something about the renters beside me.

You can fill out form and send to rtb check their site.

They will then give you LL details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Clonsilla train station isn't "neighbourhood" either ....

In fairness it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

beauf wrote: »

In fairness we now have some idea what your talking about. So what's the problem with the renter's?

horse7 wrote: »

In fairness we now have some idea what your talking about. So what's the problem with the renter's?
    The question was already plain and simple you knew what I wanted to know.

Having music blaring out your windows at 11.30 on a Monday/Tuesday night is not ok I don't care what the occasion is they should have more respect for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

The question was already plain and simple you knew what I wanted to know.

Having music blaring out your windows at 11.30 on a Monday/Tuesday night is not ok I don't care what the occasion is they should have more respect for people.

Now we know what your talking about.

I'd say this affects more than just us though I can imagine any house on the street would be disturbed by them

Can anyone say who owns the cockerel in huntstown area?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

{edit}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

KGLady wrote: »
    My child experienced a serious abduction attempt in the Hartstown area this evening. Two males attempted to physically take her after failed enticement tactics. Blanchardstown Gardaí have been involved.

PLEASE please teach your children how to react to strangers, and how to protect themselves. She knew a kick to the groin buys her time, and thanks to that she's safe at home in her bed tonight.

That's terrifying! Thank god she's ok. How old is she? How old were the attackers?

{Edit}

Shes only 9, so the coaching and knowledge of where to kick (and aikido classes so she didnt panic when grabbed and lifted from behind) are what got her out of a terrifying situation. Cant emphasise enough how important it is that they know what to do.

2 males, one hidden from sight so she only heard his instructions to grab her if she ran. The one who she kicked was late 30s, dressed fully in black. She has an excellent description and the Garda we dealt with will be in the area to talk to residents where it happened.

Thats absolutely shocking. Terrifying. I hope they find them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hope you don't mind, I sent Paul Donnelly Sinn Fein your message so he can share it on FB. He generally gets good amount of shares/likes.

dmm82 wrote: »
    Thats absolutely shocking. Terrifying. I hope they find them :(

The Garda we met said that with a failed attempted like that, which brought them close to being caught, the likelihood is that they are long gone and will not return to the area. A reminder to be aware of unusual activity and to teach our kids what to do in advance is what we need to tell the community now.

The Garda we met said that with a failed attempted like that, which brought them close to being caught, the likelihood is that they are long gone and will not return to the area. A reminder to be aware of unusual activity and to teach our kids what to do in advance is what we need to tell the community now.

Have you shared this on any social media? If you have i will share it too. The more people know, the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Shes only 9, so the coaching and knowledge of where to kick (and aikido classes so she didnt panic when grabbed and lifted from behind) are what got her out of a terrifying situation. Cant emphasise enough how important it is that they know what to do.

Fair play for bringing her to the SD classes too. very important to know what to do, horrible that it is important at such a young age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

She has an excellent description.

It would certainly make sense to give us as detailed a description as you can so we can all be on the look out.

Is this up on any other media yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I was coming to post about this but heard it was around Mochtas?

• Advertisement

{Edit} But please, please talk to your kids about their safety if you havent already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This is growing legs on fb now. It might be worth not speaking about this to anyone else until the garda are prepared to make a statement.

O.o

I quit stalkerbook last year, and my husband hasn't publicly posted about it. Could you dm me a link if any of it is public?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

O.o

I quit stalkerbook last year, and my husband hasn't publicly posted about it. Could you dm me a link if any of it is public?

Yeah I'll pm you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

O.o

I received it via 4 different whatsapp groups yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

We got notified of this through our neighborhood text alert (Riverwood in Carpenterstown)

Probably all sourced from this thread.

Probably all sourced from this thread.

Its a text I sent to Mums from my kids school, I just didnt expect it to travel to such an extent, and shocked at the extent of the facebook shares. Naturally I have great concern for the privacy of my daughter throughout all of this, and worry that rumours and such might impact the work AGS are putting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I'm sorry to be a cynic but none of this rings true, you claim your daughter can give an excellent description of the attacker but don't wish to share it with anyone, no details of the vehicle used even, that none of the local councillors have made any social media posts on this is also fairly damning. If I'm wrong I do apologise, if I'm right then shame on you.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to be a cynic but none of this rings true, you claim your daughter can give an excellent description of the attacker but don't wish to share it with anyone, no details of the vehicle used even, that none of the local councillors have made any social media posts on this is also fairly damning. If I'm wrong I do apologise, if I'm right then shame on you.

I get it, too many people cry wolf, which is exactly why we haven't posted to any social media ourselves. AGS will make public what needs to be known when the due process with our child is complete. Its not appropriate for me to put anything into the public, and I won't without their direction. My attempts to engage with mothers in my sphere with a caution to talk to their children, went wider than I expected and while I worry about the effect on AGS their gathering info and potentially building of the case, I can't regret that many families have had sit down talks about safety.

I've nothing to be ashamed of, I'm fierce proud of my child and all she did for herself and all she is doing now to help give as much detail as she can to the investigating officers. I've enough to be doing with supporting her through this and helping the Gardai, so I will not be posting futher.

Advertisement