Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KevinM1984

Hi,
    I just found this thread today. Early last Friday morning (Aug 11th), about 1AM - 2AM, six cars, mine included, were broken into in the underground car park at Phoenix Park Racecourse. I though this was a secure park but it turns out it only has one CCTV camera, facing the entrance - an unlikely point of entry for a burglar one would presume.
    Nothing of great value was taken. It looks like whoever it was attempted to steal some bicycles too but many of them were old and abandoned to begin with.
    Does anyone know if Phoenix Park Racecourse apartments has a Neighbourhood Watch scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Kevin, just sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KevinM1984

Veloce wrote: »
    Kevin, just sent you a PM
    Thanks, I sent a reply but not sure if it went through properly :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

dmm82 wrote: »
    That's terrifying! Thank god she's ok. How old is she? How old were the attackers?

Can I get more details?
    I live in area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Shiranui wrote: »
    Can I get more details?
    I live in area.

There are no more, the Garda aren't even willing to confirm or deny there was an abduction attempt at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

January wrote: »
    Shiranui wrote: »
    Can I get more details?
    I live in area.

There are no more, the Garda aren't even willing to confirm or deny there was an abduction attempt at this time.

So it's Bollox basically, there's no way the gardai would endanger the public by withholding information on a genuine abduction.

So it's Bollox basically, there's no way the gardai would endanger the public by withholding information on a genuine abduction.

Garda basically told me that they wouldn't confirm or deny as they didn't want to add to the hysteria already surrounding the claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Stand Side

Anyone know where exactly this happened.
    "Shocked to hear shots fired in Hartstown this evening...." 10:52 2/9/17 @pdonnellysf

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭robbie000

Cunningham's petrol station cordoned off by the guards looks like place must have been robbed.
    Anyone hear anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

There's been a lot of police sirens around the Ongar, Littlepace area since yesterday. Yesterday evening there was a Garda car up and down the Littlepace road towards Huntstown gap, then flying back down by Castaheaney/Hunters Run.
    Anyone know if there's something going on around the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Some good news - A guy was breaking into cars around Delwood and Glenville on Friday night - looking for cash it seemed. He got spotted and the Guards happened to be around the corner. Two cars came and spent a good while searching gardens for him, eventually he was spotted a few roads away and taken in. Turned out there was a bench warrant out for him so he is now remanded in custody. He was renting in Roselawn and had allegedly been breaking into cars around the are for about six months.
    Guards did a good job so hopefully the court service will too. At least he is off the streets for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Bunch of scrotes in Stationcourt just seem to have tried to break into a Wheels-branded van parked outside in the last 30 mins. Driving a dark VW Passat, took off when some neighbour shouted out the window after them and left the lights off as they drove away. Seemingly either these or other culprit(s) had smashed the windows of a few other cars parked along the road a few days ago as well, and possibly grabbed some contents.

Gathered that much from walking down after they left to see was there a sign of damage (had heard what was definitely metal on metal banging) and talking to neighbours who did the same.

EDIT: same crew seem to have come back later sans car (probably parked further out towards Clonsilla Road) and smashed the window of the van before being chased off. Gardai have been down since but don't expect to get much out of it. One of the neighbours (who seems to have run them the second time) seems to think he knows at least one of the offenders to see, as he's seen them carrying on similar antics other nights.

yes they will, if it causes a panic, that panic creates more calls about suspicious activity which will cause more harm. Not to mention In Dublin 15 they are already stretched as it is.

There has been at least 5 serious attempts in Dublin 15 in the last 5 years. But you wont hear of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

When I tell colleagues from other parts of the city the response times in D15 they think I'm joking or it's one off.

If valid reports are so low, you'd have thought actually informing people would reduce the fear and educate people what to look for. The schools report things from time to time to parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

yes they will, if it causes a panic, that panic creates more calls about suspicious activity which will cause more harm. Not to mention In Dublin 15 they are already stretched as it is.

There has been at least 5 serious attempts in Dublin 15 in the last 5 years. But you wont hear of them.

I heard it was closer to 50. And that theres pirates involved.

Dont like to talk about our my sources. Said too much already.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Burglary in Roselawn this evening at 8.45pm. Three guys in a dark coloured BMW. They forced open the front window to gain access. Nobody was at home. The alarm went off and a neighbour disturbed them while out for a walk and they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

'Bored' milkmen egged houses on their round for three months as special operation mounted to find the culprits

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/bored-milkmen-egged-houses-on-their-round-for-three-months-as-special-operation-mounted-to-find-the-culprits-36209515.html

I think this is terrible! Glad the culprits were caught and being punished! The poor lady in Clonsilla who had to endure this intimidation. Can't believe a 32 year old milkman and father thought this was acceptable. If they remain in the job, I'd be cancelling my milk order with that company!

Doubt the garda would put so much effort into finding the culprits if it had been a different part of d15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Our car 141D31313 white nissan leaf was stolen from our driveway, last Friday night (Tyrrelstown, D15).Only found out Saturday morning. The keys were inside the house and not taken. Neighbor's outdoor cctv camera, facing the road was found to be in twisted condition, totally out of focus!

Doubt the garda would put so much effort into finding the culprits if it had been a different part of d15.

They were doing it for 3 months before they were caught. I'm sure that would have got a reaction anywhere in D.15

I doubt it would have in the likes of Corduff, Blakestown/Whitestown and Mulhuddart.

Is there something special about Weavers Row and Lambourn that I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Those lofty millionaires in Clonsilla, taking up all Gardai resources.

beauf wrote: »
    Is there something special about Weavers Row and Lambourn that I'm missing?

No, not special, just that it's a 'nicer' area than the ones I've mentioned above (one I live in) and I know for a fact the garda don't give a **** about antisocial behaviour up here.

I've had my wheelie bin stolen 4 times in the last three months, which I have to pay to replace each time, (don't worry I've only started bringing it out when I can hear the truck reversing up the road now, but ****, I shouldn't have to.), do you think the garda give a **** about that?

I don't really see it as a "different" area.

Someone stealing your bin is likely to be a neighbor or someone who walks past on a regular basis. Can you not set up a camera and catch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

No, not special, just that it's a 'nicer' area than the ones I've mentioned above (one I live in) and I know for a fact the garda don't give a **** about antisocial behaviour up here.

I've had my wheelie bin stolen 4 times in the last three months, which I have to pay to replace each time, (don't worry I've only started bringing it out when I can hear the truck reversing up the road now, but ****, I shouldn't have to.), do you think the garda give a **** about that?

Tip, mine which is in a communal area was being put out on days I hadn't put it out, theory is that someone filled it with their rubbish just before collection and of course I'd get charged. I've bike chained the bins together now to avoid this. Maybe an idea to prevent easy theft also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

My bins were being used as bonfires for the teenagers who went knacker drinking in the park.

• Advertisement

737max wrote: »
    My bins were being used as bonfires for the teenagers who went knacker drinking in the park.

That's exactly what mine were being used for too.

I just keep them out the back now and bring them through, it's a pain but 30 euro to replace every time they were being taken was nuts, sometimes I'd have to replace both as they'd take the recycling one and the general waste one. Garda didn't give a fiddlers.

Advertisement