Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

sm3ar wrote: »
    Ye...They are probably from the CSO. Again, I realize CSO and guards counting skills not exactly Einstein level, but here I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Why? The CSO gets them from the Garda...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/authority-finds-garda-inflated-detection-figures-1.3237623
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/stand-off-over-garda-abuse-figures-cso-in-deep-investigation-of-quality-of-pulse-crime-records-822589.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

More recently...
    It has emerged that the number of sex crimes recorded by gardaí annually between 2003 and 2016 was overstated in 12 out of the 14 years examined. In 2003, the figure reported was 26% higher than the reality.

That does not necessarily mean there were fewer crimes committed, however. Rape crisis workers say it more likely means an inflated impression has been given of the number of sexual offences that victims actually report.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/fewer-victims-may-be-reporting-sex-crime-further-discrepancies-found-in-recording-of-sex-offence-statistics-469537.html

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

beauf wrote: »

It would be interesting to see the cases per head of population and compare Dublin 15 and West Dublin in general to a rural area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Electricity is gone in the hartstown area tonight , wonder what's the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

thomasj wrote: »
    Electricity is gone in the hartstown area tonight , wonder what's the cause

Says it's a fault on the website of ESB.

• Advertisement

ciaran76 wrote:
    Says it's a fault on the website of ESB.

Ah okay. 3am is the etc restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Power gone again in Hartstown..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

LadyW wrote: »
    Power gone again in Hartstown..

Fault in Macetown station. 6345 customers affected. Due back at 14:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Fault in Macetown station. 6345 customers affected. Due back at 14:45.

5:15pm saying now !

ciaran76 wrote: »
    5:15pm saying now !

Yeah although the number affected is down to around a thousand now so some have their power back. Unfortunately for me, I’m not one of them though!

• Advertisement

It says currently unknown now !!!

LadyW wrote: »
    It says currently unknown now !!!

Not much comfort to those still without power but I got mine back at 16:50.

Lucky you Jack! Latest update is 8pm so fingers crossed...

Latest estimate is now 11.45pm.. Anyone else still without power??

Yeah, I'm in hartstown too.

Edit: power is back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Power still off in some areas of Hartstown. Getting a bit annoying at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Power still off in some areas of Hartstown. Getting a bit annoying at this stage.

Yeah more than 8 hours now without power for me

Edit: more than 8 not almost

Just got off a bus on the hartstown road and after the secondary school it's pure darkness no lights on the main road or around that area. The last place with electricity seems to be the beechwood and meadow areas.

There's diggers doing something in the green area on the way up to the petrol station but other than those lights it's scary out there!

Mine eventually came back at 2am..(Meadows area actually, strange given what Thomasj saw)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Shots fired in Woodlands Estate off the BLakestown Road over the weekend. I read another article about the same thing stating that armed Gardai were now protecting a family who had gotten caught up with some up and coming gang in the area :rolleyes:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/shots-fired-west-dublin-housing-14995198

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

An attack on a girl on Saturday night at Centra on Huntstown Way?

Also supposedly all forensic teams and that set up over the weekend at the tunnel between Blanch Garda Station and Corduff - anyone know what happened there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I know a man's body was found in Corduff last week but I'm not sure if it was exactly in that area.
    I also saw something on Facebook about a girl being robbed at knifepoint for her bag and phone in the area, that might have been the one at Huntstown?

Edit: that man's body was found last Tuesday so it might have been something else being investigated over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Also supposedly all forensic teams and that set up over the weekend at the tunnel between Blanch Garda Station and Corduff - anyone know what happened there?

Could be something to do with the man who was found dead in Greenridge after impaling himself on a fence. Those tunnels aren't too far from where he was found.

I was jogging in that park yesterday and had to turn around at the Garda cordon which went as far as past the river culverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Going to the church on the navan rd on Saturday (near villa park), do you think the road will be accessable?( From blanchardstown)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

horse7 wrote: »
    Going to the church on the navan rd on Saturday (near villa park), do you think the road will be accessable?( From blanchardstown)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057902204

Thread there on it OP.

I think it should be.

Have to leave some bloods into blanchardstown hospital for testing, anyone know where exactly to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have to leave some bloods into blanchardstown hospital for testing, anyone know where exactly to go?

It's up at the top, last right turn before you hit the barriers where they closed off the top entrance (near Waterville). In there and it's the cream building on your left iirc

Can I get to it from the navan rd side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Can I get to it from the navan rd side?

That's the only entrance so yes!

Advertisement