Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

That's what I thought until I saw a pedestrian crossing with a green light for the pedestrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Exact same set up in Sallynogin at the Aldi.

Shocking set up and traffic actually moved before the lights were put in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

horse7 wrote: »
    That's what I thought until I saw a pedestrian crossing with a green light for the pedestrian.

Very strange and dangerous set up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Car thefts in Dublin 15:

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a persistent stream of car thefts in the Dublin 15 area? They appear to be targeting Japanese import cars. We have had a number of cars stolen in our estate (Hansfield Wood) over the past few months and this has happened at various hours of the day and night.

Just yesterday morning, at before midday - a silver Mazda with youngsters in it attempted to steal a car and attacked the owner. The owner apparently confronted them and sustained an injury to his hand when a vehicle rolled over it. Gardai were called.

From what I've heard, and descriptions provided - it would appear to be the same youngsters involved each time (4 young lads in teens or early 20s) and this has apparently being happening in a number of housing estates in the area (they were spotted in Barnwell and Allendale yesterday too).

It doesn't appear that they will be caught any time soon - very concerning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bogus caller alert from Hartstown Parkrun:

https://www.facebook.com/hartstownparkrun/photos/a.1618296498397723/2481822575378440/?type=3&theater
    *** BOGUS CALLER ALERT ***
    We have received reports that a group of individuals have been knocking door to door collecting money to keep Hartstown parkrun going. These individuals do not represent Hartstown parkrun, please do not give them any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Veloce wrote: »
    Car thefts in Dublin 15:

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a persistent stream of car thefts in the Dublin 15 area? They appear to be targeting Japanese import cars. We have had a number of cars stolen in our estate (Hansfield Wood) over the past few months and this has happened at various hours of the day and night.

Just yesterday morning, at before midday - a silver Mazda with youngsters in it attempted to steal a car and attacked the owner. The owner apparently confronted them and sustained an injury to his hand when a vehicle rolled over it. Gardai were called.

From what I've heard, and descriptions provided - it would appear to be the same youngsters involved each time (4 young lads in teens or early 20s) and this has apparently being happening in a number of housing estates in the area (they were spotted in Barnwell and Allendale yesterday too).

It doesn't appear that they will be caught any time soon - very concerning

My car was stolen on Xmas Eve up in Littlepace. Also a Jap import. Still hasn't turned up anywhere.

dmm82 wrote: »
    My car was stolen on Xmas Eve up in Littlepace. Also a Jap import. Still hasn't turned up anywhere.

Very sorry to hear that. From what I've heard Its the same gang of teens. Cars are being joyridden up around ladyswell. Same gang potentially responsible for over 90 car thefts in the wider d15 area. We've had around 3 or 4 cars stolen with 2 or 3 attempts since late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Jap imports dont have any alarms or immobiliser, car thieves know this, hence the expensive car insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Very sorry to hear that. From what I've heard Its the same gang of teens. Cars are being joyridden up around ladyswell. Same gang potentially responsible for over 90 car thefts in the wider d15 area. We've had around 3 or 4 cars stolen with 2 or 3 attempts since late last year.

I live up around ladyswell and joyriding rarely happens around here anymore and of it does they're old clapped out cars like old micras or Yaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

They are joyriding around Damastown road and Avenue area. Seen it myself a few times over the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

ciaran76 wrote: »
    They are joyriding around Damastown road and Avenue area. Seen it myself a few times over the last few months.

I nearly got clattered on the roundabout at the top of the avenue (Tyrrelstown left, Mulhuddart cemetery right) at around ten one night recently enough, an 04 Renault Scenic (which I thought at the time was an odd choice to be joyriding unless it was stolen), two civilians inc myself coming off the roundabout in different lanes given our starting position and a joyrider comes flying through the small gap in between us, fishtailing all over the place. On a hunch I went in to the Carlton and there he was doing doughnuts on the big roundabout the buses use before speeding off again, bunch of young lads in the car. Absolute scumbags, taking other people's lives in their hands essentially.

They are racing cars there up and down Damastown, I can hear it from my house most nights and also, where I work the lads come in and tell me when they've been out doing deliveries if there are big groups of them in Damastown at night time. I don't think the cars are stolen though, I think they own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

LorelaiG wrote: »
    I live up around ladyswell and joyriding rarely happens around here anymore and of it does they're old clapped out cars like old micras or Yaris.

Same here, it's too exposed

There is a group of Fast and Furious type enthusiasts who meet in Damastown every so often, they have other locations they meet at. The cars are all modified and they drive them at speed up the hill there near Powerstown. Mostly foreign lads and not kids either.

I'd imagine the level of car theft means it's more than just kids looking for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

They are racing cars there up and down Damastown, I can hear it from my house most nights and also, where I work the lads come in and tell me when they've been out doing deliveries if there are big groups of them in Damastown at night time. I don't think the cars are stolen though, I think they own them.

those races have been going on for years now. they are organised, or just lads messing in their own cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They're old clapped out cars like old micras or Yaris.

I believe the plural is Yarii

oLoonatic wrote: »
    those races have been going on for years now. they are organised, or just lads messing in their own cars.

Doesn't make them safe, or welcome, around those parts. Those roads are used constantly night and day, one day someone is going to die from a collision happening there between a racer and a person just driving past. People need to cop on and if they want to race cars do it on private car racing tracks.

Doesn't make them safe, or welcome, around those parts. Those roads are used constantly night and day, one day someone is going to die from a collision happening there between a racer and a person just driving past. People need to cop on and if they want to race cars do it on private car racing tracks.

Correct. And it's not like they're just going up the hill. Maybe we're talking about two different groups, but there's definitely lads flying around the roads that border Tyrrelstown etc, where folks are coming on and off roundabouts going to the shops, where fences beside footpaths have been knocked down by cars out of control etc, and these btards are gonna kill someone eventually. For what it's worth, the car I saw was in no way souped up, no muffler etc.

You are totally right, Why this hasn't been addressed at this stage is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you must have your gaff soundproofed :pac: They're at it literally every night, and twice as bad at the weekends

Whereabouts in Ladyswell is the joyriding happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd be interested to know this too. I live on the main road and I haven't seen it :confused:

oLoonatic wrote: »
    You are totally right, Why this hasn't been addressed at this stage is beyond me!

In fairness I have seen more checkpoints lately than would be normal on those roads.

Would love to know this too. I hear the cars on the road in Damastown because as I said my house practically backs onto that road but no joyriders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Omackeral wrote: »
    I believe the plural is Yarii

I love Lexi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Didn't want to open up a new thread on it but does anyone know what happened at Mary, Mother of Hope Junior National School in Clonee? All teddies on the railings of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭rameire

Didn't want to open up a new thread on it but does anyone know what happened at Mary, Mother of Hope Junior National School in Clonee? All teddies on the railings of the school.

Unfortunately a 10 year old girl lost the fight against cancer.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

rameire wrote:
    Unfortunately a 10 year old girl lost the fight against cancer.
    Ah that's awful. My heart breaks for the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone's Freesat signal just stopped?

• Advertisement

Yes let's hope it's not a trend.

Advertisement