Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Does anyone know what was happening in the Ashtown area late last night? Saw some social media posts of what must have been 20 to 30 Garda cars passing through the area with lights flashing and a Garda helicopter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Phil.x wrote: »
    I seen two girls eating pizza from plates under that bridge, obviously from the apartments beside it.

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

PerryB78 wrote: »
    Is that the little tubby lad? I've heard him arranging deals on his phone so he's not discreet about it, must think hes Tony Montana or something. He'll get his comeuppance one day if he keeps it up, these lads always do

Yes, I've seen him today, he's upgrade his Nike jacket for the jacket of aspiring druggies, the Canadian goose, but he still has his black and grey nike track bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

VonLuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know what was happening in the Ashtown area late last night? Saw some social media posts of what must have been 20 to 30 Garda cars passing through the area with lights flashing and a Garda helicopter as well.

Apparently some elderly pensioner from Clonsilla breached the 5km rule to shop at the new Aldi in Ashtown for the Thursday specials and appropriate Gardaí action was swiftly implemented!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

Phil.x wrote: »
    Yes, I've seen him today, he's upgrade his Nike jacket for the jacket of aspiring druggies, the Canadian goose, but he still has his black and grey nike track bottoms.

Clown will stick out even more now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

Unfortunately the latest development down there seems to be an intrusion on the local farmers land. Two days in a row I've seen 4/5 scrotes in the grazing field (closest to Hansfield train station) harassing the cattle in there. Recording them with their phones while running at them. From what I've seen it's a case of the teenagers trying to provoke the cows in the hope that they chase them maybe? Perhaps in time the cattle will run at them and give them a good trample.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Unfortunately the latest development down there seems to be an intrusion on the local farmers land. Two days in a row I've seen 4/5 scrotes in the grazing field (closest to Hansfield train station) harassing the cattle in there. Recording them with their phones while running at them. From what I've seen it's a case of the teenagers trying to provoke the cows in the hope that they chase them maybe? Perhaps in time the cattle will run at them and give them a good trample.

Farmer can put a bull in the herd and we'll see how attentive the little ones are! (In fairness, not a great idea, I could see them getting their free legal aid to sue the pants off the farmer afterward.)

In other news, I note a fair few residents up in Hollywoodrath pushing for community CCTV over the rise in antisocial behavior around the playground, imported by teenagers from nearby estates coming over to hassle folks. I do wonder about the effectiveness of community CCTV (and the uncertain legal status these days) but for now I imagine the estate is in the netherworld between developer and handover to Fingal CC, so not much to do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

did any of you see the video of George nchenko brother and mother being arrested?

did any of you see the video of George nchenko brother and mother being arrested?

I'm not sure there's any profit in commenting on any of that craic, there's a few videos carefully curated to make either the Gardai or the family and friends look like antagonists. I'm sure there will be plenty of official investigations and further complaints made to GSOC etc to figure it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I'm not sure there's any profit in commenting on any of that craic, there's a few videos carefully curated to make either the Gardai or the family and friends look like antagonists. I'm sure there will be plenty of official investigations and further complaints made to GSOC etc to figure it all out.

So the Guards doing their job are now antagonists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

not yet wrote: »

The point that was being made is that videos can be cut to make either side look bad, regardless of what happened. No sense in getting drawn into it unless you were there and know the whole story.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

not yet wrote: »

That's not what he said at all. What he said is that there are videos edited in such a way as to make the Gardai look heavy-handed, aggressive or whatever, not that they definitely were any of those things. And similarly there are videos carefully edited to portray the other side in a bad light too. Only by viewing the original, unedited videos can a proper picture emerge, but the problem is that many people may have viewed the edited versions first and formed their own, potentially incorrect opinions.

Zaph wrote: »
    That's not what he said at all. What he said is that there are videos edited in such a way as to make the Gardai look heavy-handed, aggressive or whatever, not that they definitely were any of those things. And similarly there are videos carefully edited to portray the other side in a bad light too. Only by viewing the original, unedited videos can a proper picture emerge, but the problem is that many people may have viewed the edited versions first and formed their own, potentially incorrect opinions.

Precisely this and VonLuck's point. There's also the matter of understanding why the Gardai were there in the first place. One story from one side is that they were following a driver who had no tax or insurance. The other story is that they are harassing either the family or the black community in D15. There's a third viewpoint that they were following a car, ended up at the family home, and the situation escalated either because the family and friends were noncooperative or because the Gardai saw a chance to harrass them.

Each of these various storylines and edits of the video tend to conform to a previously held worldview of the person issuing or re-issuing the story.

Rocking up and speculating on the whole thing is either an exercise in significant supposition or arguing with people who had their viewpoints set the moment they heard "Nkencho" and "Gardai" in the same sentence.

As I said, very little to be profited from it. And in a more on-topic theme, hopefully Gardai and the community can get onto firmer footing with one another in the near future as it is to nobody's benefit in Dublin 15 to have significant friction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

From what I gather from a resident there, the guards was called to deal with the 16 year old brother, his mother and sister got all worked up and the sister threatened the guards. All allegedly I may add but seeing that the family keeps getting moved for anti social behaviour I believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Clamper at work in ongar car done outside pub on yellow line .

Good.

As far as I'm aware you can only park on the main road and at dunnes carpark.
    The management company won't sell a parking permit to residents who haven't paid the yearly maintenance charge and run the risk of having their car/s clamped outside their homes.(excluding driveway)
    But I've seen many clamps removed and left at the roadside, this morning was the latest.

In fairness the car i saw clamped this morning was on yellow lines at the side door of the pub almost at the junction bad place to park so no surprise it was clamped have seen parts of clamps around the back of the newsagent shop so obviously removed by somebody themselves .Little choice but to park in Dunnes now if you are calling in for something in any shop or buiness to be on the safe side .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

In fairness the car i saw clamped this morning was on yellow lines at the side door of the pub almost at the junction bad place to park so no surprise it was clamped have seen parts of clamps around the back of the newsagent shop so obviously removed by somebody themselves .Little choice but to park in Dunnes now if you are calling in for something in any shop or buiness to be on the safe side .

There are some idiot parking in ongar alright. I was parked in the parking bay outside the thai place by romeos ri something and the owner and then the delivery driver then parked at the side of me blocking me in. Lucky the delivery lad had moved when i was coming back to car but the owner was sat in his and got out to walk around the corner. When I called out to him to move his car he told me to reverse even though there was a car behind me. He said that the shop was his and he could park there. Which was face on to the Curb on double yellow. He seems to think that the parking bays outside his shop is his. Anyone know if he is the same chap that took over darios iin coolmine who apparently isnt a fan of the irish public?

That street the car was clamped today is forever clogged up with cars and you nearly always see one parked at the off licence side as well more or less blocking the street.No big fan of clampers but some order needs to be kept in areas like this .That junction can be a bit of a free for all with cars and pedestrians crossing in all directions surprised nobody has bee knocked down .

• Advertisement

I must say I don't bother my backside with Ongar at all anymore purely because of the parking mess and the lack of safety around Dunnes for pedestrians and generally really. Its a mess, especially after dark.

Between Littlepace and Clonee village and the occasional spin to the new big Super Valu in Dunboyne, theres nothing I want to come to Ongar for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    There are some idiot parking in ongar alright. I was parked in the parking bay outside the thai place by romeos ri something and the owner and then the delivery driver then parked at the side of me blocking me in. Lucky the delivery lad had moved when i was coming back to car but the owner was sat in his and got out to walk around the corner. When I called out to him to move his car he told me to reverse even though there was a car behind me. He said that the shop was his and he could park there. Which was face on to the Curb on double yellow. He seems to think that the parking bays outside his shop is his. Anyone know if he is the same chap that took over darios iin coolmine who apparently isnt a fan of the irish public?

He's not doing much to entice new customers with that attitude or occupying spaces that potential customers could use.

Another idiot parked up from Romayos yesterday at the junction opposite the Chinese thus blocking two way traffic. I see they put steel poles outside the Computer shop to stop notorious bad parking and obstruction there but offenders are just parking / blocking further up instead.

The pedestrian crossing outside Pavlovs bakery is a dangerous blind spot too. Normally zebra crossings have a a no parking zone about 2 car lengths before and after the crossing for visibility but not here. You can never see pedestrians attempting to cross at this one until the last second. I dread hearing about some bad accident there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I heard that the Ongar Green ManCo are introducing parking permits for the houses. Anybody else hear this at the AGM?

wonder if there are even enough spaces available to park i suppose there must be one for each house but seems most of the spaces next to a house are taken and if there are house shares could mean a lot of cars to park meaning almost none for shoppers etc bar Dunnes .

Two kids no older than 12 were on the roof of the paddocks and threw a concrete slab off the roof outside the off licence entrance, I was inside and it sounded like somebody was falling through the roof.
    They climbed down somewhere at the back and walked through the carpark but one ran when confronted by the big guy who works there, the kid who stayed was about 8 or 9!

Maybe its because Littlepace and ongar are like a ghost town around 9pm so more places to "play" and nearly kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Not a neighborhood watch topic, but can someone explain the planned new road at the town centre flyover and this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

horse7 wrote: »
    Not a neighborhood watch topic, but can someone explain the planned new road at the town centre flyover and this area?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057695640/9/#post117131953

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

These fellas seem a bit out of place in Castleknock?

"TWO BROTHERS WHO harassed a family to the point where they felt their home was “under siege” because of a debt they said the victims’ son owed."

https://www.thejournal.ie/jailed-brothers-harassed-family-5443045-May2021/

Looking closer, they seems to have had a good start in life:
    "The court heard that Hughes came from a very respectable family and had both been well-educated at Belvedere College."

Although, this guy seems more like a random nutter:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/teenager-who-impersonated-garda-and-attacked-man-avoids-jail-1.4565436

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Doesn't matter what school they went to, pat Kenny went to O,Connells school as did Christy Kinahan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

horse7 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what school they went to, pat Kenny went to O,Connells school as did Christy Kinahan.

Shouldn’t make a difference to judging the crime and the sentence, but you don’t need to be statistician to see that crime and socio-economic status have noticeable patterns.

Advertisement