Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

"Meanwhile, in a separate incicident, gardai in Blanchardstown are investigating a cash-in-transit robbery that happened at lunchtime yesterday.

Two men attacked a G4S worker as he was making a cash delivery to an ATM which is in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

One of the raiders hit the security man over the head with a hammer before escaping with the cash box in a black BMW. The security man was taken to Connolly Hospital but his injuries are not said to be serious."

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

from what ive heard its generally from clonsilla train station down to josephs, heard some stories about some heavys living in apartments up that way. not sure to be honest, just think its better to deter from walking alone at night, unless your carrying a baseball bat and wearing a hockey mask i dont you'd be in too much trouble with the local hooligans then the garda tho mabye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No point scaring people unnecessarily, if there are specific incidents occurring in certain spots they should be reported or encourage the victims to report them urgently so the Guards can target them. And believe me they do take very seriously reported repeat muggings in out of the way spots.

Spouting 'he said, she said' stuff that you heard from your Granny's Auntie just perturbs people. All those roads mentioned are well trafficked by pedestrians, runner, cyclists from dawn till dusk, outside of that anyone should be using common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

good point to begin with....as for spouting i disagree, good friend of mine was robbed there be it only for a phone still he was robbed..yeah that road in paticular does have a good amount of passers by thankfully but there is still alot of incidents around clonsilla and blanchardstown which occur on those type of roads at quiet times. me myself i've saw some dodgy stuff walking home late at night but have made a great deal of effort to go in the other way on every ocasion, i just hope that the ones i "spouted" about flogg off somewhere else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

In tyrellstown main street On Tuesday 23rd at around 5pm , did anybody witness an incident involving a group of <SNIP> males in there 20's whom attacked a couple ,i think the couple were <SNIP> with a new born child in their car out on the middle of the road . These tugs were vicious as they all ganged up on the male and beat him ,smashing the car window as they try to get away from these <SNIP> males. And all this couple where doing was bringing their child out to do their shopping in lidl and go home and enjoy the sun probably..... their was also another incident that took place on the same day , at around 7pm in the evening the same group of lads viciously attacked a staff member of lidl whom was brought hospital with facial injuries . These lads need to be brought to justice and i urge anyone out there with any info to please pass it on the the guards or local committee . Tyrellstown is a lovely livly community with all kinds of race and i fear for my own child's safety ..this is no way for our children to live... People came to Ireland to get away from the awful poverty , cruel hardship, war torn countries ....they came here for a better life and i wouldn't blame them..we all want best for our children but lately Tyrellstown is getting out of control with these thugs terriorising our neighbourhood. Please once again anyone with information on this group please help and stamp this problem out

• Advertisement

also can people share this on Facebook and twitter please .any info on how to get the word out would be appreciated .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Report it to the guards. Spreading around guesswork and rumours as to the nationality/ethnic background of those involved is not a good idea. Come back with facts and you may get some interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In relation to Tyrrelstown incidents, the tyrrellstown.net forum is much more active and relevant neighbourhood watch issues in that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

My OH was at Mulhuddart graveyard last night and a group of about 15 lads with hurly's and bats came and started fighting with another group of about 15 lads there,

And with the way the gates are locked now after 7pm she couldn't even get back to her car as the car was outside on the road - until they had finished fighting ... scary!

• Advertisement

Gaspode wrote: »
    Report it to the guards. Spreading around guesswork and rumours as to the nationality/ethnic background of those involved is not a good idea. Come back with facts and you may get some interest here.

Everything i stated in my comment was all FACT...the only thing i am unsure of is the nationality of the couple whom were attacked by these <Martians>. It was been reported to the guards. But anyone with any info please report it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@420, if you've a problem with moderation, pm me or one of the other mods for this forum, dont take it up on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Two scumbags tried to rob my dads motorbike from the front garden last night, luckily it was pretty heavily chained up. A neighbour heard them trying to kick start it and rang my mam. In Wellview.

When they had no joy there they went down to Parslickstown and smashed a window in a car and took what they could from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Funny how their description was snipped. Ridiculous! All it is is a description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Funny how their description was snipped. Ridiculous! All it is is a description.

Not at all - it was a racial description that could well be inaccurate. I doubt the poster saw the passports of the people involved yet they claimed it was a fact.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Those fake / con charity clothing collection stickers are being delivered at all hours. I happened to get out of bed to get water at 1am when I saw one coming through the door so I scared the cr@p out of the lad when I whipped open the door and told him to stick it on himself. I dont suppose he sees many householders at that hour.

I dont like the idea of what else those fraudsters are up to in the middle of the night, so Ive sent on the van reg to the Guards, Id encourage everyone to report the same

1 am wow. I thought I was good catching them at 5 am. I hate these guys so much. Any charity worth their salt will not be using a gmail adress!

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

January wrote: »
    Had a skip about two years ago and there was loads of people having a nose in it... I don't care, I'm just throwing it out anyway...

Should have put one of the charity stickers on it so:P

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character". ML King Jr.

Skin colour is irrelevant, as is nationality, ethnicity, creed, etc.- it's the actions of the people mentioned that is of importance. A thug is a thug no matter where their ancestors hailed from.

The mods job is to moderate the threads, so immoderate terminology will always be removed. Any further questions/comments regarding moderation should be taken up by pm with me or one of the other mods, not on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

A gang of albinos robbed my car last night! coming over here..robbing our cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With all due respect, skin colour is the chief identifier when looking for suspects in a policing scenario. You always hear IC1 Male , IC2 Male etc on radio calls meaning skin colour. So if it's descriptions in a case or that I wouldn't say colour is irrelevant.

However, that poster may have had an inarticulate way of getting the point across (maybe and agenda?). Naming nationalities based on a glance is highly ignorant and presumptuous at best.

• Advertisement

Seriously folks, look at the last sentence of my post above.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not at all - it was a racial description that could well be inaccurate. I doubt the poster saw the passports of the people involved yet they claimed it was a facect.

Oh i forgot to say that these lads were bragging about Nigeria saying if it was here that your head and hands would be chopped off. now tears the type of animals that are living in Tyrellstown.
    And on another note to the mods. way are you making it harder to bring these scumbags to justice by editing my post. Freedom of speak. Shame on you. Shame on you. What if? What if?. But yet slanderes comments can be make about an area but not the scumbags that live in it. I know they were NigeriaIans . And people like you hiding the truth should be ashamed.

I am not a rasict but i am rasict against the system. Where as if a foreign national gets attacked in this country the race card is always gets thrown at them. When the guards get involved and try to bring foreign nationals to justice the race card once again is thrown at them . If whites beat up a black it tends to be rumored it was racism but you 'd never hear of blacks beating up a white. That wouldn't be classed as a rasict attack would it. as i said before in previous post , people came to Ireland for a better life , to get away from the hardship that was in their own countries. We all want what's best for our children. I was speaking to the guy whom was attacked in that store. He how out of work with broken nose. Has wife and a new born to look after. He reckons that if he had fallen to the ground he would been stamped to death. I personally gave a statement to the guards but the people that do know these scumbags should to do. I have being living in this area for over 8 years now and this year its getting worse. a friend that works in the area said that a gang of black males smashed up the pub on the main street a week before .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

420 banned from the forum for a week for ignoring a mod instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

420 wrote: »
    I am not a rasict but.....

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I wonder what race the system is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

those charity collection stickers annoy me also, i stick them on my wheelie bin to help identify mine against the neighbours when they are emptied

Is there an estate with a sign up saying no charity collections, and does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

brightkane wrote: »
    those charity collection stickers annoy me also, i stick them on my wheelie bin to help identify mine against the neighbours when they are emptied

Is there an estate with a sign up saying no charity collections, and does it work?

Take down the we buy any car signs and retro fit them out with your new style sign will save some money. Re use recycle:pac:

The types that are dodgy and collecting won't see these and probably can't read anyway.

brightkane wrote: »

Rusheeny has a sign up on the road going into there estate saying "no charity clothes stickers/collectors" but I dont know if it works or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I have a "no junk mail" sticker on my front door. Does the trick for most things but we still get the charity stickers.

Advertisement