Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

Anyone hear of any burglaries in Delwood recently? We got a note in the door while we were on holiday saying there had been a few and the neighbors want to set up an NW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coolmine17

Yes 2 houses on Delwood Road were unfortunately broken into just under 2 weeks ago. I attended the Neighbourhood watch meeting last thursday, great attendance pm if u need any more information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

Were the break ins in the day time or night time?

Our Break in happened between 2-5 pm entry with a screw driver through front door not sure about the other break in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Sorry to hear about your break in.
    Was your door a upvc type door and did they break the handle and the lock or was it just stuck in between the door and the frame?
    Was the door fully locked and have you an alarm and was it on.
    Sorry for all the questions but might help others to know what happened.

• Advertisement

Yes it was a UPVC door and they didn't break handle just lodged it in under the door and frame :(
    no alarm but will be sorting that one out shortly

Was it a multi lock type pvc door? My pvc door lock was snapped,it was a euro cylinder type,i got an anti snap one, and there are 3 locking bars on the door,which are no good with a euro lock cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

There was a break in in Hunters Run in Clonee yesterday morning. Thieves got in by taking out pane of sitting room window glass, while family asleep upstairs.

Any alarm on?

I don't know Horse, I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mentioned in another thread that there was possibly a cash-in-transit robbery at the Centre today and a raid on Boylesports in Clonsilla.

Theres an article about the two robberies in the Independent today (complete with added opportunistic hand-wringing commentary from a certain local councillor). http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-armed-robberies-within-hours-in-west-dublin-29495174.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What a stupid nonsensical statement to make, surely there must have been at least one level headed councillor available to make a statement ? Using something like this to both denigrate the area and make a pop at the government, although why would we expect anything from FF ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

“Today was truly a black day for Blanchardstown," concluded McGuinness."

What? There was no natural disaster, horrific motorway pile up, or shooting rampager. Nobody died ffs.
    Obviously I don't condone armed robberies, but cash in transit vans are targeted regularly by criminal gangs and are prepared (and insured?) for the eventuality.
    But maybe Fianna Fail will promise that if they get re-elected they will eradicate armed robberies.

Not one to be outdone on the outrage stakes, Nulty has come out to say we're all stunned.

I'd say not as stunned when he robbed a large part of the electorate of their votes by jumping ship as soon as he was elected as part of the Labour party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK lets keep it on topic please.

I would argue this is very much on topic, these guys are local politicians who have, or we would hope to have, a say in policing and resourcing in the local communities.

How they react in national media has an affect on how the area of Dublin 15 is perceived by people unfamiliar with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

We had our bintag robbed off the bin yesterday :(
    it is a black day for blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

abrr1000 wrote: »
    We had our bintag robbed off the bin yesterday :(
    it is a black day for blanchardstown

Black day on the jobs front for Blanchardstown, as 100 jobs lost.......

Black day on the jobs front for Blanchardstown, as 100 jobs lost.......

Where are those jobs going Chuck, hadn't heard?

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Where are those jobs going Chuck, hadn't heard?

There are no job losses, but I'm using the term 'black day' in context to how it has been regularly in response to a previous post, where no one died or where there was no natural disaster ;) - quoted below.

Regardless of the response and wording used by anyone, the fact that three armed robberies occurred in d15, within two days is not the norm and it unusual.

Let me give you an idea of why this is significant. Gardi rapid response units usually float around, ready to pounce on such events. privately the commissioner has forced these crews to come back to their stations for lunch and not to hoover around - in an effort to prevent sustenance payments, and indeed over time payments.

This was not public information until this week, and in fact few people are aware of that specific change within the gardi, but the people behind those events in the space of two days appear to have taken advantage of the new arrangement - one that they should not have been aware of.

The fact that the rapid response Gardi are having their arms tied, appears now to be affecting policing is what everyone is trying to highlight - a situation the minister for justice, and the commissioner are both denying.

The people who did the cash in transit robbery at the shopping centre could not start their car, and ran off and still got away. It was a Black day for Blanchardstown, and one that could have gotten seriously out of hand if a confrontation had of taking place.
    zef wrote: »
    “Today was truly a black day for Blanchardstown," concluded McGuinness."

What? There was no natural disaster, horrific motorway pile up, or shooting rampager. Nobody died ffs.
    Obviously I don't condone armed robberies, but cash in transit vans are targeted regularly by criminal gangs and are prepared (and insured?) for the eventuality.
    But maybe Fianna Fail will promise that if they get re-elected they will eradicate armed robberies.

Chuck, is there anything about that list of things that you describe above that is specific to Blanchardstown?

It seems to me that there is no reason why the same thing couldn't have happened in Lucan, or Lusk, or Limerick?

I think what posters have an issue with is the hand wringing from a local councilor that if he were to get into power, that things would be different in the Blanchardstown area. But even your own comments don't seem to back that up?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Chuck, is there anything about that list of things that you describe above that is specific to Blanchardstown?

It seems to me that there is no reason why the same thing couldn't have happened in Lucan, or Lusk, or Limerick?

I think what posters have an issue with is the hand wringing from a local councilor that if he were to get into power, that things would be different in the Blanchardstown area. But even your own comments don't seem to back that up?

My reply was in response to the use of the term 'a black day'. If it happened in Lucan, it would be a black day for Lucan. Three armed robberies didn't happen in Lucan or anywhere this week, but it did happen in the space of Two days in Blanchardstown. Is that not significant enough?

Based on what I posted in my most recent post, could you maybe talk about the concern that rapid response Gardi have, in relation to the robberies that happened, and perhaps we can come back to the 'see no evil, hear no evil' or indeed the 'it happens everywhere' chatter later?

This is the D15 forum! I've seen more reaction here to a bike being robbed, than the recent armed robberies in Clonsilla, Blanchardstown and Tyrrelstown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This is the D15 forum! I've seen more reaction here to a bike being robbed, than the recent armed robberies in Clonsilla, Blanchardstown and Tyrrelstown.

That's because bikes getting knicked is more personal to the individual and the community. Whereas these armed robberies tend to target businesses.

That's because bikes getting knicked is more personal to the individual and the community. Whereas these armed robberies tend to target businesses.

Fair point - but in the Blanchardstown centre incident, the get away car wouldn't start and the armed culprits ran through a packed car park with the money box in full view of allot of people.

In Clonsilla, the victim, an average individual had a gun put to this head.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

I was in the retail carpark beside lidl, champion (outlet) and KFC the other day in centre got into the car with a friend. I was parked fairly nearly the back of the carpark towards the bushes beside the road (facing the multistory carpark at penneys), anyway nice blue opel opc car parked up there with some junkie looking character peering in the window for a good 40 seconds had a look around noticed myself and the friend in the car and then slowly walked off.

just a point of caution I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Again posting on this tread crimes that happened to me... yeahhhhhh

Anyway the night between friday and Saturday, some fella decided to jump over my gate, go into the back garden and steal my bike and other tools from the back garden.
    Today instead, brand new bike parked in front of clonsilla train station robbed in the middle of the day, between 8am and 5 pm... the only thing remaining are the two locks on the trash bin in front of the bike parking space... ah there was a nice camera pointing exactly over my bike...(a red hybrid carrera... half price on sale... :( )

The first time I have reported the crime on Saturday, Garda showed up in my place and they seemed very annoyed about my call... they told me that I am not being targeted (2 entries in my back garden in less than one year...) it is a very common thing in dublin 15....

And today when I stated to the gardi on the station(who made us wait for more than one hour..... thank you government) that it was the second bike in a couple of days the reply was... oh how unlucky.....

It is official.... I cannot own a bike, I need to get over it, actually I cannot own anything that can be sold by junkies.... so no smart phone, crappy car, crappy clothes.. fair enough, my bank account will eventually get bigger an I will be able to move myself and my family from this badly f.cked up d15.....

So if someone is reading this post thinking about moving in d15... " do you feel lucky punk???" (cit.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If it helps there are bike lockers in hansfield train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Just to add a note to my already perfect day.... yesterday evening I was walking around hartstown Topaz petrol station when 4 very nice fellas decide to trow eggs at me....

This time I have decided to don't report it to the Garda, they are completely useless (except if you want to be insulted which apparently is their new specialty), so let me report this here:

the car was a gray ford mondeo 00-d-5xxx2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i have lived here all my life and been rarely a victim of crime.

Advertisement