Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Did that happen today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Here's the video ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Did they have any weapons? Didn't look like it from that video but it's hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Video going around Facebook this evening of the Champion Sports in the retail park being robbed by two men in motorcycle helmets. Absolutely astonishing how casual the whole thing is, not from the raiders themselves (who are shouting) but from the staff and customers, who remain incredibly calm. A sad thing to see, really.

Appearances can be deceptive. One of my friends was in store and terrorised comes closer to the truth. She was trying to calm a pregnant woman who was so traumatised an ambulance had to be called for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Did they have any weapons? Didn't look like it from that video but it's hard to tell.

Have a look at the guy at the door, Near the end you can see him pointing what looks like a gun at people who where coming near him ... Scary stuff !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

Arciphel wrote: »
    Glad they caught the fuckers

Reminds me, I heard that the Spar in Littlepace was robbed the week before last during the daytime.

Need to keep a better eye on here. I never heard about it. All these robberies are scary

Two cars broken into in Bramblefield in Clonee last night. However, two residents gave chase and caught the individual. He is a young guy, a well known "career criminal" from the D15 area, specifically around Corduff. Keep your eyes peeled if you see strange individuals wandering round your street or calling to your door asking for people who don't live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

nudger wrote: »
    Fitted my new anti bump, pull, pick, snap front and back door locks this weekend, glad I got what I think are the best (ABS) for peace of mind.

where did you buy them from Nudger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

travist wrote: »
    where did you buy them from Nudger?

I bought them on line from www.euro-secure.com £27.49 a pop + vat, €65 + here.
    Order was delivered 7 days later through parcel motel, a lot of the UK companies only deliver to the UK so for €3.50 parcel motel works great.

There a very good lock (best) ;) and anyone in the know robbery wise will give them a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

That link takes ya elsewhere!!

http://www.euro-secure.com/ ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Original link corrected, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Cheers for the link...going to upgrade mine...wow never realised how easy it is to change them!
    http://www.euro-secure.com/fit_euro.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that he caught someone trying to break into houses in whitestown area, has urged everyone to check their back gardens particularly in the the avenue and park areas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

A few weeks ago a woman I know in Whitestown caught some fellow in her house during the day,he walked away from it no bother,c*unts dont care about anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Seen a few lads a few minutes ago going up to front doors and looking at them, hartstown area. AGS notified. Disgraceful how bad it's gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I bought them on line from www.euro-secure.com £27.49 a pop + vat, €65 + here.
    Order was delivered 7 days later through parcel motel, a lot of the UK companies only deliver to the UK so for €3.50 parcel motel works great.

There a very good lock (best) ;) and anyone in the know robbery wise will give them a wide berth.

They are looking for £4.75 plus vat for each additional key.

Are these normal keys or would any key cutting place be able to ball them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Is whitestown been hit in particular ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Murt10 wrote: »
    They are looking for £4.75 plus vat for each additional key.

Are these normal keys or would any key cutting place be able to ball them off?

No, they are not ridged keys if you know what I mean, they have round holes on both sides of the key.

They come with a credit card ID number.

In fairness it's €5 to cut any type of key in a lot of places, they are high security keys.

I got an extra 3 for the front door, good neighbours.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Littlepace cash in transit van robbed today.
    Gardaí appeal for witnesses to cash-in-transit robbery (via TheJournal.ie) http://www.thejournal.ie/robbery-at-littlepace-appeal-for-information-1121940-Oct2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

No, they are not ridged keys if you know what I mean, they have round holes on both sides of the key.

They come with a credit card ID number.

In fairness it's €5 to cut any type of key in a lot of places, they are high security keys.

I got an extra 3 for the front door, good neighbours.:)
    My new lock arrived today. Fitted it myself in under a minute. Quite shocking how easy a normal lock is to bypass (google lock bumping) so delighted with this upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

Apparently last night there was several cars broken into in the Hartstown area over by the shops so keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Public meeting of the Fingal Joint Policing Committee to be held in Ongar Community Centre this Thursday Oct 17th at 7.30pm. Senior Gardaí, Councillors and Council officials will be in attendance so get along D15'ers and discuss your concerns and suggestions.

Cant go myself as will be away for a few days so look forward to hearing about it. Also please dont burgle my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jobseeker999

2 cars taken from 1 house in Luttrelstown a couple of weeks ago, got in at night through back door, car keys from under the stairs took the cars from the driveway whilst 4 people slept upstairs without hearing a thing

2 cars taken from 1 house in Luttrelstown a couple of weeks ago, got in at night through back door, car keys from under the stairs took the cars from the driveway whilst 4 people slept upstairs without hearing a thing

a lesson to all, leave the keys down stairs its only a car not worth losing your life over.

Have heard about a gang of teenagers from Hartstown going around getting money from younger kids by pretending to sell fireworks and then beating the kids up for their money. Any one else hear about this gang?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Have heard about a gang of teenagers from Hartstown going around getting money from younger kids by pretending to sell fireworks and then beating the kids up for their money. Any one else hear about this gang?

That kind of thing needs to be dealth with firmly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

Was the door forced or lock broken? any alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jobseeker999

horse7 wrote: »
    Was the door forced or lock broken? any alarm?

Door forced. Alarm was off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I know the nights have been very warm but don't forget to close windows as the evening settles in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I heard something about a gang of youths hassling people in the hospital grounds. Not sure if it was in the actual hospital part or up near the apartments but they were stepping out in front of cars to try and stop them and then trying to get into the cars when they did stop. Not sure if it was a one off thing or if they're there a lot but I'd be careful around there after dark.

Advertisement