Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

On Tues 23 Sept Luttrellstown Riverwood Bramley Residents Alert FB Page (a closed group) reported:
    Just a warning to anyone in Carpenterstown, Luttrelstown area....short red haired man was cycling around the area checking out side entrances etc this evening..skinny junky head with blue jeans and whitish track suit top on..spread the word and if you spot anything suspicious just ring the Guards in Blanch..they are already aware of him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,091 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sounds like Hughie from Love/Hate is back from the dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

'skinny junky head' ?? Good grief.

Gaspode wrote: »
    'skinny junky head' ?? Good grief.

Facebook, the unmoderated badlands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

From the description it sounds like the guy that I saw was detained by the guards in Latchford today at around lunchtime. Told people he was reading ESB meters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Arciphel wrote: »
    From the description it sounds like the guy that I saw was detained by the guards in Latchford today at around lunchtime. Told people he was reading ESB meters...

And sounds very like the guy that I won't name that did my house a month ago in D15. He used a bike as a getaway too after failing to get my car keys. What he did take has caused me a great deal of hassle though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Saw some <person> poking around some seemingly empty houses (blinds down) in Riverwood today. Fortunately the owner was home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, from what I have seen this past week on all the residents group pages on facebook, there seems to have been a big uptick in burglary & theft incidents the past week. With the evenings getting longer, please keep an eye out for your neighbours and remember to report anything suspicious to the gardai, even if you think you might be over-reacting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Lately I'm seeing a lot of cars and people I don't know just wandering by.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Neighbours told me they saw someone in my front yard looking through my windows at 10pm last week , I live in castleknock .Also a lot of strange new people and cars in my estate lately . Some man passed my neighbours during the day this week and actually covered his face when passing then , neighbour went after him and saw the man at a 132 reg car putting on gloves and walking towards the bushes surrounding the estate . He was gone few minutes after that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

I hope that people are reporting all these. Even if you tell the neighbourhood watch street co ordinator. It's important the Gardaí are made aware

Last time my neighbours rang the guards ( a while back ) after they came home during the day to find three lads at their front yard , one fiddling with the lock , left swiftly after seeing the owners return .
    Guards said was there an actual break in and if anything was taken and if not call them next time if they break in and take something . That's it. No one came or took any reports .

I rang a few times over a few weeks period regarding a suspicious car and 4-5 people hanging around the estate frequently , again , no one came out to check on the guys .
    Reporting seems to be a waste of time unless something did happen , break in or theft .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

jelenka wrote: »
    Reporting seems to be a waste of time unless something did happen , break in or theft .
    Yup, in my experience Gardai in Blanchardstown are not supporting those in the community. In early August I informed them of a car that had no tax, fake insurance and expired NCT. Each time they say they'll send a Garda car out to check it out and ...
    they don't
    . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

We have issues with scramblers in an open green beside us. Called the guards loads if times and nadda. Kiernan Dennison knocked around one day and I told him about it. He gave me his mobile and told me to text him every time they were there and he would call the guards. I did and the guards acted every time he called them and in the end no scramblers and peace and quiet. Not the ideal solution but it did work.

jelenka wrote: »
    Neighbours told me they saw someone in my front yard looking through my windows at 10pm last week , I live in castleknock .Also a lot of strange new people and cars in my estate lately . Some man passed my neighbours during the day this week and actually covered his face when passing then , neighbour went after him and saw the man at a 132 reg car putting on gloves and walking towards the bushes surrounding the estate . He was gone few minutes after that .

What area / estate please?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What area / estate please?

Collegefort area in Castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

brightkane wrote: »
    We have issues with scramblers in an open green beside us. Called the guards loads if times and nadda.

Without going into too great a detail, would that green area be alongside 2 schools ?

Sounds like an area close to me and I always wondered why the gardai never done anything about it. The guys regularly broke the fence to get into it and it was obvious they were there as they were easily seen from the road, and heard from miles away.

I figured that the gardai would rather them be there than piss about on public roads, footpaths and parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 suzanneantonia

Two weeks ago, I was leaving my house in the evening and this guy who looked unkept to say the least on bike that was blatantly painted white. was looking in every garden on my road as i past him. What I learnt later was that he watched me leave my house and rang my doorbell a lot. My mam answered..... he made a very poor excuse as to why he was calling. In the laurel lodege area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Without going into too great a detail, would that green area be alongside 2 schools ?

Sounds like an area close to me and I always wondered why the gardai never done anything about it. The guys regularly broke the fence to get into it and it was obvious they were there as they were easily seen from the road, and heard from miles away.
    I figured that the gardai would rather them be there than piss about on public roads, footpaths and parks.

No its not. No fence to stop them but we have been without them for about 18 month to 2 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karenob2011

Hi guys. New to boards but just wanted to let ye know that my husbands bike was stolen from the phoenix park racecourse last night (I think)
    The millrace rd underground car park.
    Please be on the lookout for a mans carratec bike black and grey for sale in the area and please let me know.
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Sorry to hear that,can u put up a photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Keep checking Adverts.ie Donedeal Gumtree etc. Do you have the serial number written down off the bike to identify it?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Hello,

anti social behavior in Lidl Blakestown http://goo.gl/maps/nmEEi yesterday approx ~18:00

Underage robbing multipacks of sweets/sodas mocking the security. Outside they rode bikes obstructing cars leaving the Lidl car park. One of them pushed a trolley that crashed into a parked car.

My wife was like WTF.

That happening often there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Shiranui wrote: »
    Hello,

anti social behavior in Lidl Blakestown

That happening often there?

I do be in that LIDL quite often and have never seen stuff like that, A while back a few cars had windows smashed and I presume contents taken, next time I was there I seen someone on a bike checking cars for contents but that was a year or so ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I was driving by it one evening last week and there were a load of kids, maybe aged 14 or so, running out of it with trolleys. They ran right out into the road in front of me. Only for I saw them coming and knew they weren't going to stop I could have run them over. No idea if that's connected to the above incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They need better security so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

And also better parenting from the locals combined with appropriate state support/education/investment etc to fix the underlying social problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry, very obviously, I know the parents are to blame here.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

There is a school nearby - Scoil Nais Mhuire Sois, Blakestown.
    Is it also a warzone?

I am asking because I need to choose school for my son (Junior Primary).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Be aware the schools have catchments so where you can go is limited by that. Check the school enrolment policy.

Advertisement