Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would ya buy windbreakers?

• 10-12-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭

I've a few calves in a shed, and one end is very open to the elements. I was thinking of putting up a windbreaker/netting to help keep the wind and rain out. Where could ya buy such a thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I got some Galebreaker (http://www.galebreaker.com/siteenglish/home_uk.html) screens through Glanbia years ago. They were (and still are) excellent quality and work very well, but they were pretty expensive.
    I since got a similar product from someone in the horticulture/market gardening supply business in north Co. Dublin, but I'm fecked if I can remember their name :(

A Google search for "shed windbreak netting ireland" throws up a lot of possibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

have to say they are a great job in say a calf house but just cant keep them in my place with the wind and i have had two different makes of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

I got some from a guy in Clara Co. Offaly .
    Midland Sacks & Covers 057 9331188
    Expensive but makes good stuff , can make to right size and can be attached with ratchet straps and stretched tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnny1

You can get wind break in Cavan. 1mtr wide x 50mtr long is about €50 and they will send it out with a courier anywhere in ireland for a fiver. 049 9527944. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

johnny1 wrote: »
    You can get wind break in Cavan. 1mtr wide x 50mtr long is about €50 and they will send it out with a courier anywhere in ireland for a fiver. 049 9527944. Hope this helps

I'm going out on a limb here........................Agridirect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

bog_savage wrote: »
    I got some from a guy in Clara Co. Offaly .
    Midland Sacks & Covers 057 9331188
    Expensive but makes good stuff , can make to right size and can be attached with ratchet straps and stretched tight
    This guy advertises in the journal. Does lorry covers as well so the wind breakers are probably good quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

and do they supply the attachments to fix them to pillars and ratchets as well and how much are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

This isn't the number for agridirect by any chance? Are you connected?

Advertisement