Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good carvey grub in clonmel

Options
  • 10-12-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi all workin in clonmel for next 2 weeks with few lads is there a good or any carvery spot in town..thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Mulcahy's on Gladstone street do carvery lunch,and Gavins of Irishtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

thanks for that...any experience with either DT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Yeah, Mulcahy's every time for me. Really great feed and comfortable pub environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Chapmans (opposite Superquinn) gets my vote

cool friend of mine says good few session pubs there too thanks guys

• Advertisement

The post house pub has a folk/trad session on wednesday's.I think there may be one in Gavins on Sunday's start around six,for a couple of hours.If there is a match/sport on the telly,the pints in Gavins are three euro.Another place for folk/tra music is Kitty O'Donnells up by the railway station.They have music there on Wednesday's and Saturday night's,the only pub in Clonmel with a holy water font inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cerbera wrote: »
    Chapmans (opposite Superquinn) gets my vote

They are closing for good mid-January. Downstairs and upstairs back on the market for rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

DT100 wrote: »
    Mulcahy's on Gladstone street do carvery lunch,and Gavins of Irishtown.
    I find mulcahys only ok went to Gavin's last week 1st time have to say food and prices were excellent and found atmosphere lovely. Not too many carvery out there other than muls Gavin's park hotel and garden centre you'd want a gold visa for garden centre the prices they charge

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yeah, Mulcahy's every time for me. Really great feed and comfortable pub environment.

Spot on there,great place

cool a holy font that has def worth a pint or three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

DT100 wrote: »
    .Another place for folk/tra music is Kitty O'Donnells up by the railway station.They have music there on Wednesday's and Saturday night's,the only pub in Clonmel with a holy water font inside the door.

Ha! Kittys, been there once or twice, you couldn't get more off the beaten track. Hell of a place to give directions to.

Ha! Kittys, been there once or twice, you couldn't get more off the beaten track. Hell of a place to give directions to.

Its ok once you find the railawy station,and over the bridge....There's a sign for the pub there now.Its been a while since I was there,but great porter.

right lads and lassies day 1 in clonmel at the mo....tried gavins today have to very nice food there bloody cheaper then cork i tell u...also saw pool table there we ll be back....bloody hell thats the biggest beer garden i ve ever seen.off now for couple pints come on clonmel...updates tomorrow:D

copy1 wrote: »
    right lads and lassies day 1 in clonmel at the mo....tried gavins today have to very nice food there bloody cheaper then cork i tell u...also saw pool table there we ll be back....bloody hell thats the biggest beer garden i ve ever seen.off now for couple pints come on clonmel...updates tomorrow:D

Do yourself a favour and head to Gleesons in Irishtown for a pint some time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

If only to stare at the barely clad and barely of legal drinking age women. Great spot.

Richie Gleeson running a border line brothel since 1997 ;)

If only to stare at the barely clad and barely of legal drinking age women. Great spot.

Richie Gleeson running a border line brothel since 1997 ;)

If you think it's like that then you haven't been in O' Keeffes, Danno's or any other pub in Ireland. As for your brothel remark, never heard of it.

Advertisement