Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindles - can they be bought in duty free

Options
  • 10-12-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

howdy folks, planning on getting a kindle for herself for christmas. just wondering can they be bought in duty free here or the uk for less than they charge in the shops.

and if any won heard of any better price than tesco or currys e.t.c.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Dixons do them @ the airport for €99. They're part of the DSG group, as are Curry's.

Perhaps ask Declan if they'll have stock on the day you're travelling over on the Curry's forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭memaul

cheers badger

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Use the attached voucher to get €10 off and the price down to €89.. I'd have done that myself if I didnt get my Kindle from the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Not wishing to knock previous poster's generous gesture, but the airport dixonsisnt actually in "the loop" so they won't accept the voucher. You can, and should, use it on a nuce bottle if bushmills to SIP while reading y our kindle tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

damian139 wrote: »
    Not wishing to knock previous poster's generous gesture, but the airport dixonsisnt actually in "the loop" so they won't accept the voucher. You can, and should, use it on a nuce bottle if bushmills to SIP while reading y our kindle tho ;)

Aww, how do you know what stores are in "the loop" and what arent??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Just after walking out of dixons with a sad face you turn left and immediately spot a large sign over the entrance to the duty free alcohol/smells/cosmetics, proclaiming ...."the loop".I know this how? Tried to use one meself on a camera

Advertisement