Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Golf for posting 'Junk'?

Options
  • 10-12-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I really didn't want to post here but I feel a bit unsatisfied with the response from the mod and feel a bit hard done by....

I got banned for my posts in this thread (start posting around page 6 I believe)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056472602

The mod informed me that I was banned for posting "junk", but it is clearly obvious that the whole thread was junk. A 7 day banning for a bit of banter in a thread that should have been locked 3 days beforehand?

As for the person that I was having the back and forth with in that thread, you should know that he has been pestering me for the last few months on boards.ie. He is a troll that has somehow survived a banning. I am basically unable to post anywhere on boards.ie without him finding my comments and replying in his lovely way.

Like I said above, I don't really want to make a deal of it....but I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm not a troll or anything and I feel like I contribute to that forum when I post there most of the time....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

I have had a loot over the thread and the ban is sound,yes there was some banter but you did call another user an idiot and thats what moves it from banter to abuse.Calling another member an idiot will get you banned on most forums here.

As for another member pestering you forum months,thats not a Cat Mod thing but feel free to PM a Admin if you want that looked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had a loot over the thread and the ban is sound,yes there was some banter but you did call another user an idiot and thats what moves it from banter to abuse.Calling another member an idiot will get you banned on most forums here.

As for another member pestering you forum months,thats not a Cat Mod thing but feel free to PM a Admin if you want that looked into.

Does calling a troll an idiot count as "abuse"? They are trolls after all....

Oh well, I guess I'm still not used to how strict boards.ie seems to be. As the mod told me through PM, posters "don't have the right to defend themselves" around here. It's a bit hard to get my head around, but so be it.

The next time I'm abused I will just abuse the report button rather than abusing back :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Opics wrote: »
    Does calling a troll an idiot count as "abuse"? They are trolls after all....

The best way to deal with trolls is to report the post's and let the mods deal with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement