Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dine out in Ennis on Christmas Eve

• 11-12-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Does anyone know if restaurants in Ennis close early on Christmas Eve or do they keep their regular hours?

Was hoping to book a table for a meal with family who unfortunately we wont get to see on Chrstmas day.

Just a long shot someone might have some experience, I will give a few places a call tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Everything seems to close in Ennis (as everywhere) at 6pm Xmas eve. I'm pretty sure..but not 100% that the restaurants will be open longer. I would highly recommend the "Old Ground" for a fabulous evening meal, but bring your cheque book with you! I only go there on very special occasions..or when invited but it's very good

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Thanks Poppyvally, the OG is the very one that I have heard shut at 6!

Ah we will just have to schedule an early evening meal if that is the case for most places. We were talking about it today thinking we had 3 weeks..... Christmas always manages to creep up on us, its only 2 weeks away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ozalseker

poppyvally wrote: »
    but bring your cheque book with you!

what do you mean with that?Is it a expensive place for dinner out?

ozalseker wrote: »
    what do you mean with that?Is it a expensive place for dinner out?

Some would think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Compared to everywhere else in Ennis it is expensive. I would budget about €30-€40 a head for the average diner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I love the Town Hall/OG, it is always a treat to eat there, I never had a disppointing meal in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Just about everywhere closes around 6, went for dinner in the OG around 2pm last Christmas eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Just about everywhere closes around 6, went for dinner in the OG around 2pm last Christmas eve

What about cocos, I think they stay open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

maiden wrote: »
    What about cocos, I think they stay open
    not sure maiden, maybe 7 or 8 latest? can't see any later than that, even nearly all the taxi's knock off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

not sure maiden, maybe 7 or 8 latest? can't see any later than that, even nearly all the taxi's knock off
    do they? didnt know that,would have thought it was a very lucrative period for them.

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I love the Town Hall/OG, it is always a treat to eat there, I never had a disppointing meal in the place.

They seem to have a fair amount of customers...any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kn1

YENS in the parnell street car park should be open christmas eve
    great food and steaks

Advertisement