Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Needed By EA For More Maps For CO-OP.

Options
  • 11-12-2011 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi to all, Iv just had a long chat with a member from EA and they have come to making a dission on a exspansion pack for co-op "its not approved yet as they need feedback first" but its being appointed to the higher authorities already who makes these dissions. i suggested paying 10 to 15 euro totaly and depending on the map quantity. As all BF players know co-op is really fun, even better when playing with your mate and using "voice party" which helps alot true out BF3. So guys EA needs feedback on this, So lets give it to them. For 15 euro "$20" "£13" how many maps would you guys like ? id be happy with just another 4 to 6, 6 would be better plus it would keep it even with in co-op. Also what kind of changes would you like to see in co-op if this gets a go ahead ? All feedback is a must for this to go ahead so have a quick think about it and reply to this with your thoughts, Likes, Wants etc etc. And if you like all what iv just discussed and want it to go ahead fast give it a e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif and if you dont like it give it a e78feac27fa924c4d0ad6cf5819f3554.gif and a quick few words why or what elese you would like to see that i missed out. OK thats it, it's in our hands now to provide the feedback EA is looking for.

PS: i will be posting this message on other fourms EA-UK, EA-US, BF.com etc etc So please bare with me as im only trying to get this the go ahead as fast a possible. Thanks in advance guys from BF fan Macky.

Guys dont forget to give it a e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif or e78feac27fa924c4d0ad6cf5819f3554.gif Even a simple "Yes i would buy this" or "No because...."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

This post is making my brain bleed! I think I need medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

James74 wrote: »
    This post is making my brain bleed! I think I need medical attention.

Medic....!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I enjoyed the co-op on 360 but I think alot of people didn't bother with it, I only really went through it for the achievements :D
    None of my friends were playing it so had to go through with randomers which was painful at times, the lads playing maps for the first time on hard especially :rolleyes:

If your looking for data try http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=4077&showall=1&gamerid=301315, it tracks the achievments players have and as you can see the % of people who have co-op one's vs single player or multiplayer is pretty low.

So back on point I'd prefer a return of Onslaught mode from BC2 as you arn't just relying on one player to back you up, give me 4 or 5 onslaught maps for 800 points and you have a winner, I'd want around 6 or 7 co-op maps for the same points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Would never pay for an expansion pack for co-op!!!! If it was a conquest map pack of old BF Maps, looking at you 1942, with co-op as an add on then yes deffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I wouldn't pay for more co-op levels. Just add one or two to any Multi-player add-ons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I wouldn't pay for more co-op either.

For me Battlefield = Multi-Player all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I wouldn't pay for more co-op levels. Just add one or two to any Multi-player add-ons.
    this.

and tell EA this paying for map packs is a scum business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

how about one based on the wikileaks 'collateral murder' situation, A three level story.

In the first part, you and a friend pilot a chopper supporting a group of ground units, you spot a load of bad guys with RPGs and lay the smack-down on the insurgents.

2nd part, you play as part of the ground squad re-conning the aftermath of the helicopter attack, only to find dead reporters, civilians and children. realising the mistake, leaving some drop-weapons AK47s etc on the bodies. you evac the scene.

Part 3: start as a civilian in the scene with no arms or means to defend yourself. you have to run for cover from the attack helicopter, while helping other civilians. for more realism, you can connect new players from scene 1, so that the players are defending themselves from a real human attacker.

It would make for interesting gameplay, gain publicity for the game (as did the 'no russian' level in MW2), and be a genuine artistic expression on the true nature of modern warfare.

Of course the risk of controversial content exists, but that's what cutting edge art is supposed to do. So far Battlefield Series in terms of story has not advanced from 'commando' on the 8-bit machines. kill the enemy because they are bad.

If you want to create an engaging campaign story/situation with artistic merit as well as technical discipline, you cannot shrug from the the more harsh realities of war. This is one of the things holding video games back as an artistic medium for mature audiences.

Advertisement