Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX - How to make aircraft fly by itself?

Options
  • 11-12-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

im doing a long distance flight from heathrow to sydney and i want to know how do you make the plane fly by itself on the selected route i selected? because i will be away or in bed alot of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You mean the autopilot?

Depends what aircraft, but read the autopilot section in the tutorial area of flight sim, it gives you instructions on how to set it up and use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

RobitTV wrote: »
    im doing a long distance flight from heathrow to sydney and i want to know how do you make the plane fly by itself on the selected route i selected? because i will be away or in bed alot of the time.

The only problem with autopilot that I've found is that if you turn it on, and then fail to respond to messages from the atc in an area you're passing through (because you've left the pc for whatever reason), the flightplan gets cancelled on ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Only if you file IFR.. Which granted, most big airliners do. Your only safe option, is to do it vfr... or close your ifr flight plan when going to bed, and reopen it when you get up... flying isnt a 'hands off' thing, so yeah, no option is perfect.

Advertisement