Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mincemeat in a jar????

Options
  • 11-12-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking to make some mince pies for Christmas and I'm wondering could anyone recommend some pre made mincemeat in a jar or whats the best option?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Hi Guys,

Looking to make some mince pies for Christmas and I'm wondering could anyone recommend some pre made mincemeat in a jar or whats the best option?

Cheers in advance.

I got some in aldi, it was 1.99 for a massive jar (I think 840g). Made some today using Donal skeehan recipe and they were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Best mince meat in a jar is the one my Mam makes :)

I have also used the Aldi one but I add a good dash of whiskey to the mince meat and mix it through about an hour before I cook the pies.

I use 'Jus Rol' flaky pastry and make an Eccles cake style pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

I can third that Aldi one. I added some fresh cooking apple soaked for half an hour in lemon and caster sugar to it for a fresher taste :)

Advertisement