Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Opening Bars/Clubs/Pubs on a Wednesday Night

Options
  • 11-12-2011 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Apart from Coppers and probably Diceys, is there anywhere else in the city centre that would stay open late on a Wednesday night?

Heading to Christy Moore on Wednesday in Vicar St and will probably stay out afterwards.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

The Globe on George's Street, The Mercantile on Dame Street.. there's a few places in Temple Bar, but none that I'd be willing to recommend.. except for perhaps The Turk's Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

SantryRed wrote: »
    What age are you?

The Globe on George's Street, The Mercantile on Dame Street.. there's a few places in Temple Bar, but none that I'd be willing to recommend.. except for perhaps The Turk's Head

Cheers thanks, I presume Fitzsimons in Temple Bar stays open late.

Never been to the Mercantile, may give that a go.

Not planning on going to mad, just somewhere to stay open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LFC5Times wrote: »

Cheers thanks, I presume Fitzsimons in Temple Bar stays open late.

Never been to the Mercantile, may give that a go.

Not planning on going to mad, just somewhere to stay open late.

Read the thread in here on Fitzsimons, €6+ for a pint.

Mercantile is decent on the weekend, never been midweek. Whelans or The Village on Camden St maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Workmans serve till 3 on a wednesday. 4e pints of Heineken and 4e cocktails. 5er in though, as it is officially classed as a clubnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Workmans serve till 3 on a wednesday. 4e pints of Heineken and 4e cocktails. 5er in though, as it is officially classed as a clubnight.

How long ago was that? I was at the Workmans for a gig recently and was charged €6 for a pint of Tiger beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Galadriel wrote: »
    How long ago was that? I was at the Workmans for a gig recently and was charged €6 for a pint of Tiger beer!

Every wednesday for the past year, and for the forseeable future! It was 3e all pints and cocktails, but it went up by 1 during the summer, and limited to Heineken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I was in The Workmans last Thursday and they have probably the worst pints in Dublin. Guinness was undrinkable and the Heineken was the same. Drank expensive bottles in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I was in The Workmans last Thursday and they have probably the worst pints in Dublin. Guinness was undrinkable and the Heineken was the same. Drank expensive bottles in the end.

Seems their plan worked just fine, so!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

whelans is good crack most nights to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement