Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no bus service on sundays

Options
  • 11-12-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I was wondering why theres no bus service operating in waterford on sundays, surely there should be one coming up to Christmas at least

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

usually they do run a service a bus every half hour on selected routes the ballybeg and browns road route do be put together for the xmas routes dont know if they are doing it this year tho i reckon the info is on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

There is definately an Xmas Sunday service for the Hillview and Logloss routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

I was wondering why theres no bus service operating in waterford on sundays, surely there should be one coming up to Christmas at least
    Well it costs money to run the service so the theory would probably have to do with there not being sufficient numbers of passengers to justify running such a service. It is a bit of a joke though - it forces people to use cars and taxis.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

All the details!

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1046&month=Dec

Strange the 5C going to Patrick Street and not Clock Tower!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Because Bus Eireann is a state subsidized company and do not have to make a profit because us, the public will always be there to bail them out,removeing any incentive to be competive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Because Bus Eireann is a state subsidized company and do not have to make a profit because us, the public will always be there to bail them out,removeing any incentive to be competive.

It's like as if Bus Eireann is there for the employees only and not really for the public.

Anyway, I've heard that prices will be going up shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

i saw them running this sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone see the Keneally's one running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    It's like as if Bus Eireann is there for the employees only and not really for the public.

Anyway, I've heard that prices will be going up shortly.

yeah the prices are going up in january and the service will stay the same as always .. pure crap

Advertisement