Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best supermarket party food

Options
  • 11-12-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have suggestions on which supermarket party food ranges are the best? Having some people over Christmas Eve (about 8-10) and working up to Christmas Eve. Won't have time to prepare all the nibbles so thinking of just buying a few bits from the supermarket party food ranges.

I'm thinking maybe Superquinns would be nicest but not sure and wondering if anyone could shed any light on it?
    Don't have an M&S near me here, so its Superquinn, Tesco, Supervalue (or even Lildl/Aldi) to choose from.

I'm sure none of them would be as nice as what you'd make yourself but just looking for the next best option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I really like the Tesco stuff. Good selection, and the flavour and quality of some of them is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Aldi and Lidl both have a good and well priced selection

M and S food is very good in my opinion though more expensive than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Keep an eye on the weights and price per kilo. Some of the stuff I saw in tesco which had big signs claiming its a great offer -but when I checked the weights I realised it was ridiculously expensive in an oversized box.

Never trust the "serves 500" crap on the packet, they must think jesus is buying it to go with the loaves & fishes.

The normal stuff, not in christmas packaging, is often a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all, Tesco is handy for me so might give that a try. Fingers crossed the things I pick will be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Buy your nibbles, and grab some nice 'stoneground' brown bread, half a side of smoked salmon, pot of creme fraiche and some dill weed....so so quick and easy to put together whilst the nibbles are warming in the oven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks Lobsterlady, i was thinking of salmon with brown bread so might try your way!

Advertisement