Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Blade for Edwin Jagger DE89

• 11-12-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for opinions on what people seem to find the best blade for an Edwin Jagger DE89. I used Feathers for last 3 months and after reading on a forum the Gilette Yellow is also a good choice i decided to try one. The Gilette Yellow gave me a smoother shave than the Feather, seemed to be more forgiving as had less weapers and nicks, equally as sharp IMO and when i applied the post shave soother (Clinique) hardly no burn when compared to the Feather. What is you blade of choice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I'd say most here would agree that it depends on your preferences, and there is no hard and fast rule. I'm not sure the razor e.g. Edwin Jagger DE89 makes a massive amount of difference (although it probably makes small difference), but I'm certainly open to correction on that from more experienced users. :o

Someone here recently said they loved the Derby blades, whereas I found them pretty awful. Another said his favourite were Persona, which I liked, but didn't think they were the best.

I've used a fair few different blades and found I probably like the Gillette 7 o'clocks best, with Feathers also good.

It seems down to personal preference, and I can only advise you buy a pack of sample blades (I know shaving.ie do them) and see what suits you.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

I have committed to using Gilette 7 O'Clock Yellows as my choice of blade, i was just curious to see what others are loading their razors with!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

I tried the Merkur blade which came with the handle, didn't want to do any more than two shaves with this. I have an Astra Superior Platinium in at the moment, just after shave number seven with this and no problems, but will stop at shave number eight. ( Two shaves per edge, flip the blade over and do another two shaves per edge.)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Satts wrote: »
    ( Two shaves per edge, flip the blade over and do another two shaves per edge.)
    Really? I use both edges for every shave, and I never flip the blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I don't believe there are any benefits to flipping the blade and there is no way I'd get 8 shaves from a single blade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Ok, the last few shaves not very close, not good enough for going to a wedding, but fine for going to work. Different blades suit different people,
    as I said already I only got two shaves with the Merkur blade.
    I don't think I would have got eight shaves without flipping the blade.

Advertisement