Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes u smile about ur dog that should actually make u MAD ?

• 11-12-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

somtimes it can be very hard to be mad at them and sometimes the slightest thing would set me off.

This morning Roux my cocker spaniel stole smoked salmon from the kitchen table, thats after she had her breakfast and treats of course.

What has you dog done that you just forgive from the cuteness ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Probably that I can't have any slippers (which sucks cos my house is half tiled floor!) as she just steals and kills them all!!

She is forever raiding the bin aswell which is really annoying...one time she did it though and I didnt hear her. She just came around the corner with the bin lid stuck around her neck and an expression on her face like she was just innocently minding her own business when this bin just attacked her!

OH! And she sleeps on my bed, so whenever I have a girls night and my friends end up staying in the bed, she gets really excited about it all and insists on sleeping between us with her head on the pillow (instead of a the foot of the bed as usual) and as close to my friend's head as possible.Which is obviously pretty creepy/wierd for my friend, but I think it's adorable:D she loves to be one of the girls! :rolleyes:

There are loads and LOADS cos shes such an oddball! These are just a couple off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I took my dogs to visit my then boyfriend's parents. At some point during the night I realised that Tegan wasn't in the living room with us. We found her on top of the kitchen table, shoulders deep in a roast chicken, but you just can't be angry with her odd little face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

My new pup just ate my breakfast off the counter..... That makes me made.....

0278c2ce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

When my dog goes to the door to be let outside as soon as i get up she changes her mind and decides she wants to sit in my warm seat instead and taking things to bed with her like hats, scarfs socks etc!023.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

my Adele DVD that wa sunder the Xmas tree, chewed by a cocker spaniel !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

when I see him running laps around the garden dragging the tree I just planted:mad::):mad::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

When he gets me up at 4.30am to go for a pee. He then ambles round the garden without a care in the world, while I'm freezing my ass off!

He then barges past me, straight upstairs to our bedroom, curls up on MY pillow looking too cute for words and pretends to be fast asleep in the vain hope I won't move him.

Finally - the big brown eyes and quick lick to say 'Thanks Mum'! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My brother has moved to Canada and is currently home for christmas. One of our dogs has never met him before and every time she sees him she barks at him. Last night he went down for water during the night and Lacey wouldn't stop barking at him until my dad came down to them. She's normally fine with people coming into the house but she doesn't seem to be happy with the fact that he isn't leaving. I don't know why I find it funny but it really is. She has a tiny little bark that is adorable and she's very small for a sheltie, I don't know exactly what she thinks she can do to him

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

When he annoys the neighbours by barking constantly....

But it's cute, because we know that all he is telling them is........

'be not afraid humans, I am here to protect you, for I am..... WONDERDOG !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Whenever I'm in the garden doing some photography, my labrador will keep hitting me in the back or hip with his football. If I ignore him he'll take a step back then throw it at me! If that fails for him he'll throw the ball down and bark until I kick it. He's lucky he's cute or I'd kill him heehee :D

Frankie

Or when my Jack russel wakes me up whinning and pacing around the room at 5am only for me to get outta bed, have her run frantically to the back door, I let her out and all she does is take a sip of water ! then waltzes back in past me up to my room! That and constantly having to retrieve stolen socks/bras from her basket which she rarely sleeps in anyways! LOve her though, she helped me through alot of depression last year, shes a hero dog :)

Moone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

Thread name just reminds me of how much hard work they can be.
    :(Little Feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

SingItOut wrote: »
    Whenever I'm in the garden doing some photography, my labrador will keep hitting me in the back or hip with his football. If I ignore him he'll take a step back then throw it at me! If that fails for him he'll throw the ball down and bark until I kick it. He's lucky he's cute or I'd kill him heehee :D

Or when my Jack russel wakes me up whinning and pacing around the room at 5am only for me to get outta bed, have her run frantically to the back door, I let her out and all she does is take a sip of water ! then waltzes back in past me up to my room! That and constantly having to retrieve stolen socks/bras from her basket which she rarely sleeps in anyways! LOve her though, she helped me through alot of depression last year, shes a hero dog :)

Frankie is gorgeous but that picture of Moone is SO ADORABLE! Talk about a dog who is comfortable in their surroundings. I'm so glad that she is there for you to help you through the tough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

I can never give out to Phoebe, even when she does the boldest things ever :( I am too much of a sucker for the little squished ShihTzu face! Her latest thing is when I am mopping the floor and she decides that the mop MUST BE STOPPED, so she tries to destroy it. Once I shout at her, she flips over on her back with all four legs in the air as if to say 'oh you killed me with your mean-ness Mammy' - a brat!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

Tulipout wrote: »
    Thread name just reminds me of how much hard work they can be.
    :(Little Feckers

Oh I know what you mean..

As you can see from the pic I posted above I have a little Baba with one on the way soon.

We got Dónal (the doggie) when Eunan was a month old and I have been pulling my hair out because of Dónal !

I spend my days chasing him around, getting annoyed with him, pleading with him to let Eunan play with his toys.. they fight over toys like two babies....

Its very funny but he is such hard work, harder work than a baby !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

One morning I got up to let my JRT out for a pee she was a few months old as soon as I opened the kitchen door the shock hit me she somehow opened the fridge door and murdered everything in sight needless to say I went to mother care that day for latches lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

LucyBliss wrote: »
    Frankie is gorgeous but that picture of Moone is SO ADORABLE! Talk about a dog who is comfortable in their surroundings. I'm so glad that she is there for you to help you through the tough times.

Aww thank you :) Their always both so chilled out with whatevers going on, their brats when left alone though. They played tag team while destroying the back door mat last week :rolleyes: .. She's always there to cheer me up I'm really lucky to have her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Carving up a roast ham for dinner, right out of the oven and I dropped a slice, my lil dog grabbed it so fast and was about to start chewing it when the heat "bit" her and she dropped it, then in the same second she grabbed it again and swallowed it whole lol.

I tried to take it away but she was way too fast for me, and when she dropped it I thought I had a second chance, but she was too fast again, the little bitch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

When the OH is chopping up logs for the fire, our fella Misty loves to take the chopped ones and run! He hides them away and the OH is left with a much smaller pile than he chopped. Hilarious for me, but the OH does be fuming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

my German Shepherd x american wolf dog was 4 months old and had been left on her own for about an hour whilst I was running errands..imagine my face when i came home to realise she had gotten into the utility room next to the kitchen where she stays and was litreally IN the bag of nuts!! dust all over her face and we couldnt even give out because the look she gave was priceless!....
    butter wouldnt melt i tell ya!

another one was we were unpacking food shopping one friday evening and I threw the family pack of toilet roll up the stairs for me to put away when i get up there...went off to unpack more stuff for the fridge and about 20 mins later i thought she was very quiet..... the whole landing and the dog was covered in toilet roll!! she chewed through about 16 rolls!!

little muppet!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I'd be here a week typing if i listed everything :rolleyes:

But the one that always makes me laugh is when my wolfie x insists on sticking his head in the tumble dryer as i'm loading it and he watches everything i put in very carefully and sits waiting until he sees something he thinks shouldn't be in there and off he runs with it around and around the house until he finally slumps into his crate protecting the piece of clothing from the obviously dangerous tumble dryer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You can't sit in your stocking feet when the dogs are in the room because they will keep trying to steal your socks. The more you resist, the more fun it is.

249294_132834083459320_100001981871592_209906_3607976_n.jpg

I'm currently spying on them to make sure that they go to the toilet rather than wait in the kennel out of the rain (only to cry in 2 hours to get out for the toilet :rolleyes:)

The steal blankets to lie on the couch, before going to bed I neatly fold them and put them away, in the morning they're back on the couch looking hairy and smelling like a dog slept on them. Blankets and cushions now have to be put away properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

I took my cousins dog after he passed away. The dog is 14, blind, partially deaf but no problems with his sense of smell. Left the fridge door open this morning and caught him pulling a string of sausages out. He stopped dead when I walked in, like a statue, hoping I wouldnt see him. U gotta love it. Should have been a politician

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

Our latest casualty was a set of xmas lights, thankfully for us and herself it was during the day.This dog is now over a year old and has gone trough 2 laptop chargers, 1 wall mounted phone socket, Indoor plants, Ps3 controller,
    sky remote, Skirting boards and many items of clothing off the garden line.
    Its so frustrating because our first dog was house trustworthy after bout two maybe three months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Sorting out the washing and he wait patiently until he see's a sock then he very sneakily grabs a sock brings it back over to the mat, drops it, sniffs it and then goes back for another one. This could go on until there are no socks left, doesnt chew them just robs them and hoards them all around him like a magpie! :D In the very beginning he was very good at picking out pairs, he'd take a sock then go routing around in the piles until he found the match and take that one too!

Has also ran laps around the garden with a bra or a pair of knickers over his head! :rolleyes:

He escaped once (well twice altogether in nearly 4 years) and ran amock in our estate, tried everything to catch him again, only caught him when he decided to run into some poor elderly man's very well cared for back garden and do a poo! :o Had to rugby tackle him (thankfully missing the poo), grab him and find an old tissue in my pockets to dispose of the poo. At least the man (and me eventually) could see the funny side of it and gave him a giggle! If anybody had been watching us he was making a fool of the pair of us running around chasing him with a lump of ham screaming his name and shouting profanities under my breath (don't even think I was wearing shoes I had to run out of the house so quick), then driving around after him opening the door and the boot hoping we could trick him into thinking he was going for a walk if he jumped in. Think there's a bit of greyhound mixed in with the cairn the way he runs. :rolleyes: Just picture it being something along the lines of the Benton youtube video, surprised it isin't up on youtube. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

3am toilet breaks that turn into garden explorations where he goes temporarily deaf so i have to go out after him to get him. pulling every sock off the radiators and piling them all up on the landing. Asking to go out the back, doing a dance, then just sticking his head out and coming back in without going the toilet. jumping on my bed and putting his head on the pillow and getting comfortable then crying like a baby when i put him back on the floor. licking me to death when i come out of the shower because I smell too clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Well my girl Jessie decided to get up onto the kitchen table to rob the Santa off the freshly iced Christmas cake. Well needless to say there was a paw shaped hole in the middle of the cake and no Santa! Que rush out to shops buy more icing and re ice the cake!!! I couldn't stay mad at her tho, standing there wagging her tail while I was going mad! Oh and I got Santa back! He's back on the cake and the cake is out of doggy reach!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just had to go out to my puppy Russ, he pulled a plastic bag off something and everytime the wind blew it terrified him. Standing on the lawnmower going mad and off I had to go in the wind and rain to remove it!
    Also, nice pair of clean jeans/tracksuits and up he will jump clinging onto you to try keep you outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

This was not her best moment...

Roshie-money.jpg

...but then she just looked at me!

Roisin-eyes.jpg

All was forgiven - and this is her now :)

Roshie.jpg

Very expensive doggie (though the bank did replace the bottom note, and we managed to find the other half of the top one eventually!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

my alarm went of at 5:30 this morning. As usual the shepherd came in from the landing when he heard it to say good morning. He walks up to the bed, sits, sticks out his paw. I shake his paw and rub his head, he rests his head on the duvet for a second and then gets sick on the bed. sits back down and sticks the paw out again and tries to lick my face.

It got me out of bed without using the snooze button anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement