Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Castleknock to the city centre

Options
  • 11-12-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,

I'm looking at moving out to Castleknock. The house is on Cedarhurst Road, Phoenix Park Racecourse, Castleknock, Dublin 15.

Just wondering can anyone tell me whats the best way to get into the ciy centre?

Would bus or rail be quicker?

Also roughly how long would it take to get in?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Dcuguy89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at moving out to Castleknock. The house is on Cedarhurst Road, Phoenix Park Racecourse, Castleknock, Dublin 15.

Just wondering can anyone tell me whats the best way to get into the ciy centre?

Would bus or rail be quicker?

Also roughly how long would it take to get in?

Cheers

I get the train in from ashtown in the mornings, takes twenty mins to pearce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Depends what part of town you are going to. Like has been said great service from Ashtown. Dodge a few cars crossing the N3 to get the bus into town, loads of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

Cheers lads,

I'd be looking to get to the IFSC.

So Connolly or Tara Street station would be the best for me.

Sorry to be a pain but where is Ashtown station far from Cedarhurst Road, as in walking distance?

Also, what bus would be best/quickest at peak times?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

5 minutes away. You can get the train to Connolly or Docklands, Docklands is my fav as it takes 10 minutes to get from Ashtown. The train station is close to the Halfway House pub. Just ask anyone there. Definitely best mode for you getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cheers lads,

Sorry to be a pain but where is Ashtown station far from Cedarhurst Road, as in walking distance?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Phoenix+Park+Ave&daddr=Ashtown+Rd&hl=en&ll=53.373901,-6.333489&spn=0.003719,0.010568&sll=53.375245,-6.33438&sspn=0.003719,0.010568&geocode=FTZpLgMd9k2f_w%3BFT5yLgMdRF6f_w&vpsrc=6&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=17&t=m&z=17

About a 10 minute walk, less than a kilometre. The 37/39 run quite close to there also, but if you're going to the IFSC it has to be the Docklands or Connolly trains really, far easier than the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Cheers lads,

Out of the racecourse go to the roundabout, small road beside the halfway house pub about 200m to the station.

Cheers for this.

Just wondering what would be the best place to live half way from City Centre to Ashtown?

Also, I've heard that the train can be fairly full by Ashtown. Don't really mind standing up as its only 10 minutes to town but as long as I can get it.

Also can you get good UPC/Broadband out the ashtown direction? (work purposes)

Lastly, are there any good gyms in Ashtown?

Cheers :)

Why don't you just look for a place in the IFSC area?

Basicially, I'm moving in with a mate that works in Castleknock :) We'd like somewhere half way

Anyone? :)

• Advertisement

Cabra area so 2-3 miles each way, Maybe Phibsboro very much flat land.

Anyone? :)

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Also, I've heard that the train can be fairly full by Ashtown. Don't really mind standing up as its only 10 minutes to town but as long as I can get it.

My niece (who lives in Castleknock & works in the IFSC too) gets the number 37 bus for that very reason. She can sit down on the bus. By the time the train arrives at her stop, it is already jam packed. Buses are also more frequent than trains.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    My niece (who lives in Castleknock & works in the IFSC too) gets the number 37 bus for that very reason. She can sit down on the bus. By the time the train arrives at her stop, it is already jam packed. Buses are also more frequent than trains.

How long roughly would you be talking about? During the mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

She's off for the next few days, but when she goes back to work I'll ask her to time Ashtown gate to the quays. Yes, it would be in the mornings.

Advertisement