Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick + Jet throttle

Options
  • 11-12-2011 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I have a Saitek AV8R-03 which works almost perfectly with choppers but jets are a real problem.

The throttle axis gives full power regardless of what position it is at. I've unbound the keyboard W and S for throttle but for some reason the only button on keyboard mouse or joystick that will throttle down is S (despite being unbound).

Also freelook is weird. If I freelook in a jet pitch, roll and yaw are disabled. If I freelook in a chooper only yaw works. Also why do I have to use a hotkey to freelook? Surely I should be able to just use the POV HAT alone.

What I'd like is the throttle level to also control afterburn, i.e. if it is fully down then engage throttle. I might be able to do with is eventghost or something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I balance between joystick throttle at full, and use s to find the middle-space to hover, slow down etc, S seems to always take priority over the joysticks setting when pressed. It's how I've adjusted to it! I haven't quite figured out how to get free-look to work on my joystick, with the pov yokes..it only works if I click and mouse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I bought a Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X. Hard to get used to though, I find myself managing fine with the keyboard.

Advertisement