Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock market

Options
  • 11-12-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Just wondering is the blackrock market worth a visit on a saturday or sunday. what type of stalls do they have.
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They have an excellent Indian shop if you like doing Indian cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Check out the stallholders page on Blackrock Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They have an excellent Indian shop if you like doing Indian cooking.
    And not just open on market days...
    rubadub wrote: »
    I was in spice bazaar in blackrock market dublin this evening. I only just found out it is open 7 days a week 10am-8pm everyday....

They used to have another shop in the same market and moved, I think everybody presumes it would only be open when the other market stalls are but its a proper shop. I was very surprised it was open until 8pm each night. I had to ring the market owner to ask if they were opening as there was no info on the web. I had to walk through the arch in pitch black to get to it, though you can come in from the other side.

Seems to be an Indian father & son running it, friendly guys who are genuinely interesting in what you want. I told them they should advertise more and that I would post it on a website, I have no connection, just do not want to see them close! and its a shame that such a good shop is unknown.

They are up the back of the market, where the green arrow is pointing here
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.300859,-6.178485&hl=en&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=19

There is a Filipino shop in dun laoghaire too "Pinoy sari sari store", opposite walters near the peoples park
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.289563,-6.13002&hl=en&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Grilled Cheesus

I was in there recently as I was told there were paranormal investigaters there.
    There's a great value little cafe, a sweet shop, loads of vintage clothes and antique stands etc.
    It's nothing big by any means but it cetainly passed the time happily.

Wish I could say the same of the "paranormal investigaters" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I've done a stall there a few times over the last few years. Always a great buzz to the market. It's definetly at it's best from the summer months through to christmas. Stalls change over a lot so there's always something different :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

The market cafe is really good very reasonably priced, Nice carrot cake :D You can get a very cheap hair cut upstairs in the barbers.

hatful wrote: »
    The market cafe is really good very reasonably priced, Nice carrot cake :D You can get a hair cut for nothing upstairs in the barbers.

:eek: free haircuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

:eek: free haircuts?
    Oops mistyped, not free but very cheap! meant to say for almost nothing!

hatful wrote: »
    Oops mistyped, not free but very cheap! meant to say for almost nothing!

I'm just messing with ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Has anyone been to this market recently? would it be a busy market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 wahesh32

It's improved a lot in the last year and a half or so since I've started going. Always a lot of people there (and it's packed on a nice day), and a handful of new restaurants/cafes have opened up within the market.

If you haven't been in a while, I think it's worth a visit. The main street in Blackrock itself has really improved in the last 6 months as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

wahesh32 wrote: »
    It's improved a lot in the last year and a half or so since I've started going. Always a lot of people there (and it's packed on a nice day), and a handful of new restaurants/cafes have opened up within the market.

If you haven't been in a while, I think it's worth a visit. The main street in Blackrock itself has really improved in the last 6 months as well.

I was thinking of trying to sell there, which day is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wahesh32 wrote: »
    handful of new restaurants/cafes have opened up within the market.
    The "new business openings" thread mentions a few. There is a place selling fish n chips and some other new place near it. The asian/indian supermarket place is still worth a look.

http://blackrockmarket.com/

facebook is up to date, and shows a new cafe opened on 24 august

https://www.facebook.com/BlackrockMarket
    Blackrock Market
    August 24
    Ciamei Cafe opens it's doors today!

Pop down today from 10am for free coffee and food tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wahesh32

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I was thinking of trying to sell there, which day is the best?

Well, it sort of depends. Both Saturday and Sunday, to me, seem about the same. If it's somewhat sunny and clear, then it will be packed. I think the number of people at the market will drop as the weather gets colder/rainier (so you're just about to miss out on the best months).

Best way to find out is to go yourself. Check it out tomorrow and Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I'm just messing with ya :D

It's a busy but a bit of a sameness about it. Still worth a visit

Advertisement