Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop will not load up webpages

• 11-12-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

My laptop and Ipod both pick up the wireless connection. It says they are both connected successfully. When i try to load up a site on firefox it says server not found , but my laptop is connected to the internet. The ipod can go on the internet no problem. Im using Windows Xp if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

My laptop and Ipod both pick up the wireless connection. It says they are both connected successfully. When i try to load up a site on firefox it says server not found , but my laptop is connected to the internet. The ipod can go on the internet no problem. Im using Windows Xp if that helps.
    Sounds like a DNS problem, iOS smart, Windows XP dumb, check your network settings on your laptop and see what DNS settings are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For some strange reason the ip adress was manually configured. So went back to automatic and it worked.

And your right it said dns problem on web browser

Advertisement